(Topic ID: 332693)

Foo Fighters LE Vs Goftather LE Vs Final Resistance, Which One Free?

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Pinchild
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What game do you want?”

• Final Resistance! 17 votes
    12%
  • Godfather LE 45 votes
    32%
  • Foo Fighters LE 77 votes
    55%

(139 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GF (resized).jpg
Foo (resized).jpg
Final (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

You just were granted a pinball wish by TOTAN's Genie after blowing up the high score and are granted one pin announced in the leadup to TPF. This pin will be magically transported into your magically newly found space in your basement that is already family approved. You cannot sell the pin to fund another one and AP is too late to the party to play. Your options are: Godfather LE (12,000 MSRP), P3 Multimorphic Platform with Final Resistance (MSRP 11,700), or Foo Fighters LE (MSRP $12,999). What game do you pick? (Take the poll!)

Final (resized).pngFinal (resized).pngFoo (resized).jpgFoo (resized).jpgGF (resized).jpgGF (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

In order:
FF (my wife bought one; loves the band)
FR (I really need to try out p3 more, but want to get on the bandwagon sooner than later)
GF (no interest in theme, and need to play it before I mentally put it in the “dialed in” or “hobbit” JJP game).

#3 1 year ago

At this point all 3 games seem like great options. I can’t remember a time when 3 games of this caliber were released within a couple weeks of each other.

I’m going FooLE !

#4 1 year ago

My god that foo fighters looks beautiful, but I'm biased as green is my favorite color.

#5 1 year ago

Scooby

#6 1 year ago

After playing Godfather LE I would go with that game if it were free and resale value wasn't a consideration. I'd then buy a Foo Pro because the price of entry is in my price range and it has most of the fun of the higher end models. If I went with Foo LE I wouldn't be able to justify paying $12K plus for GFLE.

#7 1 year ago

Thats right , scooby doo Where are you ?

Will love to have scooby , then foo fighters then p3 then godfather.

Ff , games looks incredible , Jack add so much fun on this playfield .

P3 looks like à game for compétition, hard and brutal , i love that .

The jjp looks awesome games but i dont really love thé thème. Need to see more stream and less rainbow and less multiball....

#8 1 year ago

Hmm, I think I'd go FR, so I could try out the P3 with no risk. Scott's game looks really impressive, but that price on a platform I'm not sold on is too steep to climb otherwise. Not really interested in GF, and FF looks like an awesome layout with music I just don't want to listen to....

#9 1 year ago

Just put a deposit down on Final Resistance. It's a no brainer at $3400 if you already have the base machine. As to a stand alone machine if I didn't have anything else... Foo Fighters! Don't know anything about the music but the layout looks neat and visually/artistically it looks the neatest to me. I have yet to go up to a Stern (Spike 2) machine that I didn't at least have fun on.

I think Stern is knocking it out of the park on this one, JJP is underperforming on this one, and P3 is it's own thing but pretty close to Godfather here.

#10 1 year ago

For free, definitely the p3.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

My god that foo fighters looks beautiful, but I'm biased as green is my favorite color.

FF. I was undecided on prem vs le, but that green tipped the scale, le on the way here. Godfather looks interesting, just not a jjp fan personally.

#12 1 year ago

Layout I'm the most excited to shoot: Foo Fighters

Game I'd rather listen to: Final Resistance

Game I'd never pay for on my own: Godfather

They're all interesting and all flawed in various ways. I want to try all of them, and I'm not sure any of them are games I'd want to actually have in my collection at the same time. I copped out and didn't vote.

#13 1 year ago

None of these. Pulp Fiction just blew Foo right out of the water for sure. Godfather themewise is the only one that could compare

#14 1 year ago

JB60

#15 1 year ago

Foo all the way, Looks way more fun. For my family I want a fun exciting pin in the line up.

#16 1 year ago

Disclaimer: haven’t played or seen any of these in person. So always room to change thy opinion. First impressions…

Foo fighters looks great, but it also looks like a samey stern when it comes to music pins. And, I don’t think the music lends itself to pinball very well. My interest level is very low.

Godfather surprised me. I have zero interest in theme, but the way it appears to be done has me intrigued. And from an unbiased player perspective, this looks to be the game to play and dive deep into.

Final Resistance looks the best IMO and gets my vote. Most unique, with the most thrilling action. My concerns: is it as brutal and fast as Scott has said (can it match up to TNA/R&M brutality on the P3 platform?). Also, lead time to get a Final Resistance is going to be ridiculous once I have cash in hand so that may steer me away.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

None of these. Pulp Fiction just blew Foo right out of the water for sure. Godfather themewise is the only one that could compare

Wait, info on Pulp Fiction was released?

#18 1 year ago

Forgot Pulp Fiction

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Forgot Pulp Fiction

It's hard to keep up! Pulp Fiction released afterwards! If GTF drops that will be 5 pins in 2 weeks.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

It's hard to keep up! Pulp Fiction released afterwards! If GTF drops that will be 5 pins in 2 weeks.

That would exciting for sure.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Wait, info on Pulp Fiction was released?

It’s a Mark Ritchie. His name carries a lot of promise.

Jack is cool and all, but Foo Fighters, an average mid-2000s rock band versus Godfather, and Pulp Fiction from CGC? Stern Distros must be screaming right now at all the canceled preorders.

#22 1 year ago

Jack is cool and all, but Foo Fighters, an average mid-2000s rock band versus Godfather and Pulp Fiction? Stern Distros must be screaming right now at all the canceled preorders.

Oh, I kinda doubt that. Lots of people still unsure of jjp quality. I love the look of GF, but I'm holding off for now.

#23 1 year ago

You got that from a title reveal trailer?

Lol

#24 1 year ago

Jack is cool and all, but Foo Fighters, an average mid-2000s rock band versus Godfather, and Pulp Fiction from CGC? Stern Distros must be screaming right now at all the canceled preorders.

I do like me some criss-cross ramps!

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I do like me some criss-cross ramps!

Mark Richie is a great designer!

#26 1 year ago

I love FF, but I don't want or need another Music pin. Plus, I love Stern's and how they feel, but given the opportunity to mix it up with something that doesn't feel "cookie cutter Stern" I am ALL IN on GODFATHER!!! Just an exciting new game!!

I'll own a Foo one day.. but for now, give me my Godfather!!

#27 1 year ago

Scooby Doo
Foo Fighters
Final Resistance
Godfather
Pulp Fiction
Galactic tank force

6 new releases in a short period of time by 6 different manufacturers. Crazy.

#28 1 year ago

After learning that Godfather is another stacking multiball fest I'd definitely take it out of consideration. I just don't enjoy that kind of pinball.

After learning who's on Pulp Fiction I'm very intrigued. Putting the genie on hold until the reveal.

#29 1 year ago

This poll isn't even a day old and it's already moot. Need to do this again after TPF.

3 weeks later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gainesville, GA
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.