Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

68fd0ce7-7b42-4d18-a111-2830616e5582_text.gif
cat-and-mouse-funny.gif
giphy (4).gif
CEA8C2C8-E922-427E-B799-F6DB6CAEBFE3 (resized).jpeg
2E1B9309-8D4D-45E0-A8D6-9EA285411B89 (resized).png
There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 1 year ago

Hello Everyone, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Rob and I am going to make an attempt at throwing my hat into this very impressive and competitive mod arena. In a joint venture with stumblor and my own, Super NovaCade, it’s my pleasure to introduce, the Foo Post!!

This up post mechanism will be our take on the Foo Fighter premium’s dead post, but with some additional fun stuff thrown in. Utilizing some custom Stumblor Pinball electronics (with control over WiFi), the mod is going to offer a fully game-integrated dead post, awarded by hitting a combination of ramp shots, with an LED enabled apron mounted scorecard to gauge your progress. Since everything is configurable over WiFi, players will be able to customize their game play experience like never before. The kit will come pre-programmed with 9 different rule sets and the ability to add more through future updates.

Adding to the awesomeness, the kit uses the latest iteration of the venerable Lolly control board, and will be a super smooth installation with no t-splicing. Multiple switches can be monitored at once, which will then be used to award the post depending on which set of game rules are chosen.

2E1B9309-8D4D-45E0-A8D6-9EA285411B89 (resized).png2E1B9309-8D4D-45E0-A8D6-9EA285411B89 (resized).png
CEA8C2C8-E922-427E-B799-F6DB6CAEBFE3 (resized).jpegCEA8C2C8-E922-427E-B799-F6DB6CAEBFE3 (resized).jpeg

This will be $249USD with the Stumblor Splitter +.

Both myself and Stumblor HIGHLY advise the use of the Splitter +. For those of you not familiar, it is an upgraded version of the Splitter board that provides its own power supply, not drawing on any existing node boards. Much safer for any mods especially if you have a shaker motor or plan to.

We should have more interesting production photos soon, including pictures of the apron assembly. Stay tuned!

#2 1 year ago

This is awesome! I can only imagine this paints a giant target on yalls back from Stern being able to interpret the node signals though, hopefully yall dont get hassled!

#3 1 year ago

Neat. Hope Stern doesn't change how the node boards communicate...

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Venetic:

This is awesome! I can only imagine this paints a giant target on yalls back from Stern being able to interpret the node signals though, hopefully yall dont get hassled!

Thank you!!!

Lol, I don’t think either of us need targets. But in all reality I think/hope we will be pretty low on Stern’s radar, and just able to pump out some super cool mods on their awesome machines.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Neat. Hope Stern doesn't change how the node boards communicate...

You're not the only one!

It's something we've discussed a lot - and while I think it is a risk, hopefully we're small enough not to warrant a full scale change of the protocol. That's a seriously involved process from Sterns perspective, and would require code updates to all their lineup. Almost certain they won't be able to encrypt either - the 50Mhz node processor wouldn't be up to the decryption task, and would introduce latency. It's a calculated risk, but I'm betting they'll just let it slide. Unless we make a competing product

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Almost certain they won't be able to encrypt either - the 50Mhz node processor wouldn't be up to the decryption task, and would introduce latency.

Love it when you talk dirty mate

#7 1 year ago

Best of luck. I can see Stern being annoyed if it costs them some premium sales or if people start to figure out how to add unofficial toppers/expression-lights/etc.

#8 1 year ago

Curious about this mod.
Would it be activated identically as in the Premium?

#9 1 year ago

Also I wonder if Stern is trying to figure out how to add encryption for Spike 3 now lol

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Curious about this mod.
Would it be activated identically as in the Premium?

Great question! This mod will have 9 different “modes” or rule sets to choose from. One of which will be Premium mode to mimic the premium’s game play for the purists out there.

My favorite however is Full Foo mode which will utilize all band member shots.

#12 1 year ago

What will this cost?

#13 1 year ago

Please put me on the list for one! Thanks!

#14 1 year ago

well not sure if there is a list, but I would like to be in it just in case.

thanks!

#15 1 year ago

Im interested, wpuldnt mind being on a list

#16 1 year ago

Put me on the list! <---- YES

#17 1 year ago

Add me to list

#18 1 year ago

Add me to the list please!

#19 1 year ago

This is awesome. Good luck with the mod.

#20 1 year ago

Interested.. add me to the list please.

#21 1 year ago

Place me on the list as well, as a proxy for my buddy who is getting a Foo pro, but no pinside account.

#22 1 year ago

Awesome news! Count me interested in one!

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What will this cost?

Another great question! I am aiming to offer this kit for $199 with the standard Stumblor Splitter, or $238 with the Stumblor Splitter +.

Both myself and Stumblor HIGHLY advise the use of the Splitter +. For those of you not familiar, it is an upgraded version of the Splitter board that provides its own power supply, not drawing on any existing node boards. Much safer for any mods especially if you have a shaker motor or plan to.

I am going to add this to the main post.

#24 1 year ago

Will users of this mod need to drill a hole through the pro playfield or is a hole already there?

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Will users of this mod need to drill a hole through the pro playfield or is a hole already there?

It's already there. That led me to believe Stern would release their own kit. But, if they do, I bet it won't be this cheap.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Nope! The hole is already there covered by a small metal cover. Easily removable.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

It's already there. That led me to believe Stern would release their own kit. But, if they do, I bet it won't be this cheap.

I wonder if this announcement might push Stern to officially announce something soon.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I wonder if this announcement might push Stern to officially announce something soon.

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I will add, extra attention was paid to make sure we could offer something above and beyond a simple post add on.

Even though our kit does add the “Dead Post” to pro. It also adds a lot of extra game play variation and customization too. Then couple that with a really cool replacement for that unsightly insider connect apron card.

My hope and goal is that our product and the value it offers will speak for itself.

#30 1 year ago

Add me to the list plz

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

I will add, extra attention was paid to make sure we could offer something above and beyond a simple post add on.
Even though our kit does add the “Dead Post” to pro. It also adds a lot of extra game play variation and customization too. Then couple that with a really cool replacement for that unsightly insider connect apron card.
My hope and goal is that our product and the value it offers will be speak for itself.

IDK why they don't make a nice looking card. They probably just want it to be noticeable. Interested in hearing/seeing more on your LED card.

#32 1 year ago

Please put me on your list for a kit with the splitter + board

#33 1 year ago

add me to the list please with splitter. Great idea. Great partner w/Stumblor!

#34 1 year ago

Please add me to the list with splitter and board. thank you!

#35 1 year ago

Very cool. I'm interested in this too with the plus board. Thx

#36 1 year ago

Yes I'm interested add me.

#37 1 year ago

Please add me to the list

#38 1 year ago

Seems to me that now with the mods
A mere $500 USD gets the pro upgraded to a Premium with better art.

Deadpost
Upper PF Area 51
Van mod
Overlord Soaceship (*without magnet)

*not sure how much added joy that magnet provides anyway.

I am impressed. Well done pinheads.
Really did not expect the deadpost to work, let alone be Better with added modes of gameplay.
Crazy !

#39 1 year ago

Awesome creation!! Appreciate your creativity in advancing this hobby! For me, the post was a big deal in deciding between a Prem or a Pro. Easy decision now!

#40 1 year ago

Thanks all for the kind words everyone! This is an exciting project to work on. As soon as I watched the first reveal, I was brainstorming on a napkin how to make it happen.

To quote Hannibal from the A Team -

“I love it when a plan comes together!”

#41 1 year ago

This is huge! Please add me to the list, and thanks for your efforts. Even more pumped for the game now!

#42 1 year ago

No skin in this game at all, but can’t help thinking…

…considering that the dead post was the #1 distinguishing feature in the features matrix between the pro and the premium/le and the incremental $2,700 price difference between those models - and your foo post has “additional fun stuff thrown in”, I wouldn’t be complacent about flying under the radar. I’d have a flak jacket ready, and wouldn’t underestimate Stern’s determination to protect their pricing differentials.

#43 1 year ago

Please add me to the list with the Stumblor Splitter +

Thanks !

#44 1 year ago

Please add me to the list for the + version!

#45 1 year ago

Please count me in

#46 1 year ago

This looks amazing. Assuming there actually is a list...please add me as well. Thanks!

#47 1 year ago

Not sure if this is an official list or not? But please count me in, and let me know if you need anything from me to confirm.

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

My hope and goal is that our product and the value it offers will speak for itself.

How many preLE will rip out stock for this one. Lol!

Also... Why stop at FF?? I got a drill.

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

How many preLE will rip out stock for this one. Lol!
Also... Why stop at FF?? I got a drill.

Haha! If anyone wants to take a drill to their playfield, anything is possibleI suppose, not sure I’m the first to do the drilling though.

To answer your statement about Pre/LE…it’s possible IMO, BUT it would require some alterations that I *think* could work but it wasn’t on the radar during design.

That being said if we were to get a lot of interest from the Pre/LE crew….anything is possible

#50 1 year ago

Looks great, please add me to the list!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighter-foo-post-dead-post-mod?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.