Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

68fd0ce7-7b42-4d18-a111-2830616e5582_text.gif
cat-and-mouse-funny.gif
giphy (4).gif
CEA8C2C8-E922-427E-B799-F6DB6CAEBFE3 (resized).jpeg
2E1B9309-8D4D-45E0-A8D6-9EA285411B89 (resized).png
There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 1 year ago

Please add me to the list

#152 1 year ago

Great...please add me to the list.

#153 1 year ago

Put me on the list as well!

#154 1 year ago

Edit

#155 1 year ago

Just wanted to pop in and update everyone. The apron card LED design is coming along nicely, and we are testing and working out as many bugs as we can find. Some fun stuff is coming!

#156 12 months ago

Please add me to the list with the Stumblor Splitter + as well!

Just got my Pro yesterday (got the last one from Old Town Pinball, woohoo!), looked at that cutout in the playfield, and thought.. surely someone is developing something... sure enough here it is

#157 12 months ago

In one of his steams, Jack said "good luck" in reference that he feels this project won't work. Citing that the code isn't there nor are certain things. I honestly have seen some neat things added in the past that could circumvent those things. Where there's a will there's a way.

I can see him having to take said stance, as his employer certainly wouldn't want us to do this.

#158 12 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

In one of his steams, Jack said "good luck" in reference that he feels this project won't work. Citing that the code isn't there nor are certain things. I honestly have seen some neat things added in the past that could circumvent those things. Where there's a will there's a way.
I can see him having to take said stance, as his employer certainly wouldn't want us to do this.

Have you got a link to the stream? Be good to dissect those comments!

#159 12 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Have you got a link to the stream? Be good to dissect those comments!

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1799220360

At 20:40 and till about 21:00 he talks about it. Not much more than what I said. Obviously he has to make it sound impossible, so he doesn't get in trouble.

#160 12 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1799220360
At 20:40 and till about 21:00 he talks about it. Not much more than what I said. Obviously he has to make it sound impossible, so he doesn't get in trouble.

Thanks for that! I was interested to see if it was a more general, historic comment - or something directly tied to this mod. It's the latter.

#161 12 months ago

I mean at this point, because its gotta be a feature that's completely decoupled from the feature its mimicking, and the user has to be responsible for making sure to not use it in conjunction with any ball save (including overdrive) why not change it from "Foo Post" to "Spike2 post". Other than drilling a hole in the playfield and some extra software, no reason to not offer this for other games, right???

#162 12 months ago

Now that the left outlane switch triggers a new ball to eject immediately from the trough you guys just need a simple hardware solution to circumvent. Just need to intercept the switch signal and black hole it if the overdrive insert is lit else pass it through. You would still know the switch was hit since you are intercepting it and could trigger the up post but the game would never know it was hit. Now this might keep overdrive active still. So maybe a rub there. With your mad hardware and software skills this is probably pretty doable.

#163 12 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I mean at this point, because its gotta be a feature that's completely decoupled from the feature its mimicking, and the user has to be responsible for making sure to not use it in conjunction with any ball save (including overdrive) why not change it from "Foo Post" to "Spike2 post". Other than drilling a hole in the playfield and some extra software, no reason to not offer this for other games, right???

Anything is possible for the future

#164 12 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Now that the left outlane switch triggers a new ball to eject immediately from the trough you guys just need a simple hardware solution to circumvent. Just need to intercept the switch signal and black hole it if the overdrive insert is lit else pass it through. You would still know the switch was hit since you are intercepting it and could trigger the up post but the game would never know it was hit. Now this might keep overdrive active still. So maybe a rub there. With your mad hardware and software skills this is probably pretty doable.

Mama didn’t raise a quitter. Fun stuff is coming

#165 12 months ago
cat-and-mouse-funny.gifcat-and-mouse-funny.gif
#166 12 months ago

From owning a premium (yes only a day) I can say I've disabled my deadpost. The reliability of it making its way back to the flipper is not great even at high speeds.

Low speeds it won't make it, high speeds it will bounce up and hit the bottom of your left flipper (yes this is when one successfully holds in the left flipper button). So for what its worth, going down the route of paying extra and adding this as a mod...I personally wouldn't. Just my experience.

#167 12 months ago
Quoted from WildRover:

From owning a premium (yes only a day) I can say I've disabled my deadpost. The reliability of it making its way back to the flipper is not great even at high speeds.
Low speeds it won't make it, high speeds it will bounce up and hit the bottom of your left flipper (yes this is when one successfully holds in the left flipper button). So for what its worth, going down the route of paying extra and adding this as a mod...I personally wouldn't. Just my experience.

Good thing this mod will be reasonably priced compared to the $2,500 more you have to pay to get it on the premium

#168 12 months ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Oh man…that is discouraging. Really wanting that to work!

#169 12 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

It’s almost certainly a mechanical issue on his specific machine. JD advised him to adjust his apron a bit.

The dead post works fine.

#170 12 months ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

It’s almost certainly a mechanical issue on his specific machine. JD advised him to adjust his apron a bit.
The dead post works fine.

I agree with this. I've seen it just sit on the post and stare at you under certain conditions. But I do believe this is a geometry issue, and if things are tweaked it should be fine.

#171 12 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I agree with this. I've seen it just sit on the post and stare at you under certain conditions. But I do believe this is a geometry issue, and if things are tweaked it should be fine.

I can't imagine it would have gotten to production if it didn't work.

#172 12 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

I can't imagine it would have gotten to production if it didn't work.

The Tank in GTF is holding on line 1 for you….

#173 12 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

The Tank in GTF is holding on line 1 for you….

Lol ouch. But the difference is that company isn't even in the same ball park as Stern.

#174 12 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

It works perfectly on my machine. I'm at 7 degrees and even slow rolls hop onto the right flipper. It's one of the greatest innovations in a while. Really makes you focus on the overdrive lane because if you miss it on my machine, it is completely your own fault and not the mechanical design. If a machine isn't working, it needs to be dialed in.

#175 12 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It works perfectly on my machine. I'm at 7 degrees and even slow rolls hop onto the right flipper. It's one of the greatest innovations in a while. Really makes you focus on the overdrive lane because if you miss it on my machine, it is completely your own fault and not the mechanical design. If a machine isn't working, it needs to be dialed in.

Awesome! It seems to be working on most of the games I have seen streamed. Hopefully Jason can get his dialed in. Shame to pay the premium for the, uh, Premium and then be forced to disable the feature.

#176 11 months ago

Sign me up for the ++ please

#177 11 months ago

Can this be used with a premium? If so add me for the plus version

#178 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Wut? Premium has the deadpost from the factory.

#179 11 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Wut? Premium has the deadpost from the factory.

This has more features than the factory setup

#180 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

This has more features than the factory setup

Gotcha… you just wanna upgrade it. Interesting. Just read it wrong…will be following this one.

#181 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

So, I have actually gotten this question from someone else as well. In theory, I think it could be done. But I would need/want to get some time with a premium or LE to make sure their weren’t any issues before putting anything out there.

For now, I will probably keep the focus on the pro, but I’m open to new things once this is rolling along at full steam.

FWIW, I can’t stop a premium owner from trying on their own if they are really inclined

#182 11 months ago

Please add me to the list, thanks!

#183 11 months ago

Please add me to the list.

#184 11 months ago

Add me to the list please thanks!

#185 11 months ago

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let everyone know, I have taken the list off the first page of the post and will be maintaining it behind the scenes.

If you were in the list or have received a thumbs up to your request, then I have added you. If you aren’t sure or want to double check, that’s ok!!! I’ll be happy to respond to PM’s, when I can, to verify your place in line along with your number.

Thanks for everyone’s interest and patience, I know it seems like we have been sitting idle, but lots of movement happening behind the scenes and we are very closing to having something fun to share!

#186 11 months ago

Please add me to the list! Thanks.

#187 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

No drilling required. Remove metal cover on pro to expose hole. All playfields are the same.

Thank goodness, good to hear lol.

68fd0ce7-7b42-4d18-a111-2830616e5582_text.gif68fd0ce7-7b42-4d18-a111-2830616e5582_text.gif

#188 11 months ago

Hey everyone, thanks for your patience so far, I was hoping to have had something ready to present by now, but we hit a little snag. No worries here though, we are working through everything and should have something exciting to share very soon.

2 weeks later
#189 10 months ago

Hey hey, just seeing if this project is still coming. Good luck!

#190 10 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Hey hey, just seeing if this project is still coming. Good luck!

Hey there! Yes it is! I am sorry for the delays and radio silence. Some (foreseen) changes required a little revision and redesign on our part. Which then takes testing back a step, thus causing more time to slip away.

But fear not! There is no quit here and we are so close to having some new pictures and a video to share.

4 weeks later
#191 9 months ago

So close but yet so far away...any updates to share?

#192 9 months ago

Very soon! I'm holding up the team currently :-/

#193 9 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Very soon! I'm holding up the team currently :-/

Of course it's you! Lol! All good, I don't even have my game yet but wanted to see if any progress was made. Just didn't want this mod to lose any steam!

2 weeks later
#194 9 months ago

Thank you everyone for your patience during this process!!

Check back here Friday for what you have been waiting for!

#195 9 months ago

Hey everyone! I know it’s been a while and I thank everyone for their patience. I wanted to update everyone as to where we are and also drop the first look at the Foo Post setup.

We were very close but as you may have guessed, one of the last software updates forced some design changes on our part, which then of course starts the process all over again. The end being - the node bus interception method has been ditched for now. Whether Stern got wind of this and shut it down, or whether they were going to change it anyway, we’ll probably know more when the latest firmware version is cracked (and it will be). But cracked or not, this change put light on the fact that the current method isn’t sufficient for a production build.

So we’re going old school! Lollypops has been upgraded to 16 sensors, and we’ll supply a direct sensing cable loom to get the info we need. All solid z-connector cabling, no splicing. It’ll look factory, and still do what we need it to do.

There are some corrections/updates I want to make to the original thread post. Through our testing and trials, both Stumblor and I, have decided there will only be one offering of the Foo Post kit. Contrary to my original post, we will only be offering this kit with the “Stumblor Splitter +” board. This option will ensure the product we offer is keeping your Foo Fighters machine as safe as possible since it will provide all the power this kit will need without drawing power from your Node 1 board.

Now, due to the design changes that were forced upon us, we will need to tweak our original product price that I posted. Originally the “Splitter+” version was going to be $238USD, the new cost will be $249 USD. The goal has been to create an affordable product that added what should have been plus something exciting.

Ok, so we are though all the nitty gritty. Now for the fun part. I am happy to share our first look at the Apron Progress Card and Foo Post mod. All the modes (except premium mode) will revolve around the band members. Once the chosen modes shots have been collected, the apron card will go wild and alert the player the Foo post is ready to fire. Once ready the post can be triggered automatically by the left outlane switch, which the mod disables so as not to trigger an inadvertent multiball.

In Premium mode, shots to the the radio will enabled the post, to more closely emulate the Premium/LE version of the game. These shots will also light the band members - top radio, top 3 members, bottom radio, bottom 3 - so you can see when the post is ready.

These methods of enabling the post can be turned on or off in the WiFi config, depending how you want it to work.

We are still tweaking the exact light show and coloration, but this will hopefully give a good idea of where we are headed. Hope you enjoy and stay tuned for more updates!

#196 9 months ago

Could you possibly just play with the glass off and give a demo that way? Being on a LE I'm unsure how what I'm looking at is different?

#197 9 months ago

Can you please add me to the list? Thank you!

#198 9 months ago

I'm not sure if there's a list or not, but please add me to it!

#199 9 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Could you possibly just play with the glass off and give a demo that way? Being on a LE I'm unsure how what I'm looking at is different?

Absolutely! I’ll see if we can get something up in the next day or so.

If it helps…focus on the apron card with the characters and then also the use of the post. In the video, we have the deadpost removed completely from the LE’s system and harness and is only being controlled by the Lolly board.

#200 9 months ago

Deleted…. Didnt give em enough time..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighter-foo-post-dead-post-mod/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.