Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 246 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jgentry
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

63D608D2-FC65-421F-90A2-A23265D595C4.jpeg
    Screenshot_20230303-150716_Chrome (resized).jpg
    91iOa9+6CzL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230224-190021_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230224-190326_Facebook (resized).jpg
    EC531C2D-5ACE-4955-B874-03C7001833B1 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 1 year ago

I don't know if you can call it demand destruction in this scenario. We are in a really weird time in our lives. Inflation is the worst it has ever been since the late 70's/early 80's. Home interest rates are now 7% plus on median homes of $300K. A loaf of bread is $3 to $4 dollars. That new soccer mom mini-van will now cost you $50K . I don't know what to call it, maybe the "fringe disposable incomes"? But they are now gone. There is always going to be a certain percentage of disposable incomes, but just how much are they going to continue to buy? The collection cannot get larger if the space to have such collection stays the same. If you have to sell a game to buy a game, you are taking another potential NIB buyer out of the market with the game you sell. Honestly, I believe the market will cap itself and companies like Stern & JJP will have to figure it out. I do believe STERN is on a path of uh oh, and it could kill them.

This hobby is not your 20's something lifestylers buying these machines for their collection, this is a 40's and up homeowners collectible. There is a bubble, but it will not be the price bubble everyone likes to talk about. It will be the next "whatever" that knocks pinball off of it's pedestal again.

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rewdood:

20s something HVAC contractor here buying these machines for my collection. Just bought one from another 20s something the other week. There's plenty of new blood in the market, especially first time homeowners. The problem is the old fashioned mindset "I do everything my way and if you don't like it, hit the highway" that is ever so prevalent and toxic in the used market; because as soon as someone gives me a reason to not want to meet them I'll go find something else and they can struggle for another month to sell their 30 year old machine for 20% over last years average sale price

I think you are the exception and not the norm? I could be wrong, but damn, good for you man! I was in my 20's raiding warehouses and buying solid states for $50 to $100 a crack.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighter-and-jjp-pricing-and-quantity?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.