Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 246 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jgentry
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

63D608D2-FC65-421F-90A2-A23265D595C4.jpeg
    Screenshot_20230303-150716_Chrome (resized).jpg
    91iOa9+6CzL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230224-190021_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230224-190326_Facebook (resized).jpg
    EC531C2D-5ACE-4955-B874-03C7001833B1 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Nobody is selling ccle at a discount. A too long of wait for sure, but no one has bailed yet at a discount

Still waiting on a CCLE, been fully paid since Nov. of 2021. Can't even recall what i paid now? $9600 ish?

Thx for the Luci Mark!

#202 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Still waiting on a CCLE, been fully paid since Nov. of 2021. Can't even recall what i paid now? $9600 ish?
    Thx for the Luci Mark!

Now I can pay for cc , which arrives at next level next week

#203 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Will Eddy be able to do the same with Venom?

Venom has been the holy grail of demand destruction threads (well yeah, of COURSE Bond LE sold out...but Venom?!?!)...but I'm not so convinced.

If the game looks kickass, you'll see a lot of the same latent FOMO that you are seeing on Foos. "Yeah, I didn't think I'd be interesting in Venom but WOW! Eddy and co hit it out of the park! Time to sell something, I'm in on an LE!!!"

And we'll be right back where we always are. There's also going to be plenty of reminders that Stranger Things got a cool reception and now people are trading kidneys for them.

The demand pruning has us right where they want us. I've said it before, Stern doesn't CARE if these games are instant sellouts, and that's not some kind of barometer of success. Instant sellout just means it's too cheap; just like the Stones don't care if they instantly sell out a Stadium. They are selling tickets for $1500 now, not the $30 they were going for when they were selling out Giants stadium in 10 minutes in 1989.

It's just not that important. Killing the scalpers is the main goal and a tall glass of prune juice is just what the dr. ordered.

This has turned out to be a surprisingly entertaining thread! Thanks drunk Saturday night Ice!

#204 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Yea, I remember. But 1000 LEs hasn't been the pinball model for 15 years - that's a recent trend that started with GZ.
    Which is a stable model when GZ/Rush/Mando were priced at $10k. 1000 LEs (JJP CEs) at $13k (JJP $15k) is going to bite them in the ass. It already did for TS4CE which is still available at many distribs. It's just going to take a little longer for Stern to run out of steam. The BondLE was instantly sold out. FFLE sell out has been much slower (it's still not technically sold out yet as some distribs have them). If anything, I give props to Danger and his innovative layout for saving their butts this time around. Will Eddy be able to do the same with Venom?

I guess call this finding market equilibrium for Stern, not some doom and gloom 'gotta bite them in the ass' launch.

Honestly, who cares if they sell out? If they sell 900 FF and 750 Venoms, that's a good thing for everyone. Stern makes a shit ton of money, and it helps us to slow down price growth.

I'll start worrying when distros start discounting LEs early in the cycle.

#205 1 year ago

The Stern vs JJP thing is done. LE vs other-LE vs CE vs SLE is a distraction. The metric that mattered was that the cheapest TS4 was 12k. You could get the pro of GZ, DP, JP, RUSH, etc. for 7k. Any of those pins over a TS4 all day long, just on code quality alone. Once you see the big cheapie TS4 tablet and realize it looks like the person building the pin forgot and left their iPad Mini on the playfield (listening to podcasts, presumably), you can't unsee it.

#206 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's just not that important. Killing the scalpers is the main goal and a tall glass of prune juice is just what the dr. ordered.

This has turned out to be a surprisingly entertaining thread! Thanks drunk Saturday night Ice!

Hah. I can't argue either of those points. Truth. I think deep down I'm pissed that JJP/Stern have exceeded my price ceiling on LE/CEs. GZLE was my last. It was the covid scalpers that came and went, yet left us all with 30% price increases.

Quoted from Black_Knight:

Honestly, who cares if they sell out?

Distributors care - a lot. They are the ones holding the bag when a game doesn't sell well. Call your distributor and ask them how they feel about their stock of GNRLE, TS4LE, TS4CE and HWN/UMCEs (and AIQ/TMNTs to a lesser extent). The inventory cost now vs the last several years is staggering. I already know of one distributor that threw in the towel and sold his business to a larger distributor because he couldn't carry the inventory cost.

Stern plays it a bit cheeky with their LE allocations too - "if you want your same allocation of xxx LEs, you've got to take xxx Prem/Pros from all these other titles".

#207 1 year ago

I dont see how Stern or JJP raising prices again will Help anything.It just hurts real customers as scalpers just add 1k or whatever to the price anyway.

#208 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Yea, I remember. But 1000 LEs hasn't been the pinball model for 15 years - that's a recent trend that started with GZ.
    ...which is a stable model when GZ/Rush/Mando were priced at $10-11k. 1000 LEs (JJP CEs) at $13k (JJP $15k) is going to bite them in the ass. It already did for TS4CE which is still available at many distribs. It's just going to take a little longer for Stern to run out of steam. The BondLE was instantly sold out. FFLE sell out has been much slower (it's still not technically sold out yet as some distribs have them). If anything, I give props to Danger and his innovative layout for saving their butts this time around. Will Eddy be able to do the same with Venom?

I missed a TS CE for 10k in Chicago area.

#209 1 year ago

JJP is getting closer to being done and their next release just might prove it. People are tired of losing money selling on the 2nd hand market. Limited 1k POTC is the only one to garner a gain in HUO. Even it basically did not sell well until collectors realized its no longer being made. Have never seen a company so bent on destroying themselves from the inside. Stupid decision after stupid decision never ceases from JJP. Current pricing is the dumbest decision they’ve ever made, plus leaving off all the plastics collectors, not pinball players are looking for.

Stern did not follow suit till cast off Disney boy became the Pres then CEO just after 1 year being introduced into pinball. Did you see his unprofessional FF presentation??? Why didn’t they use Jack, he would have done way better. There will be a day of reckoning for Stern too, if they stay on this path of higher and higher pricing on PRE/LEs. Seth is not being talked about by many yet, but he basically helped destroy Disney with many things he touched. He might be somewhat of a gamer, but gamers and pinballers are not the same demographic and certainly don’t think the same way. Just give him enough rope and he might tank Stern too. As a gamer he does not get the vibe most of us understand about pinball. He might just do just like Ron Johnson did to JC Penny when he became CEO after leaving Apple; destroy it. It’s been a gravy train during pinball’s great awakening, so all the many blatant stupid decisions have not born their ugly heads yet. Just wait history will repeat, just as it has always done in pinball when companies get super greedy.

They cannot or should not ever run their business model based on a few leach scalpers. Giving value for money is the only business model that has ever sustained itself in history.

#210 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

People are tired of losing money from selling on the 2nd hand market.

People should EXPECT to lose money on a NIB game. This isn't new. The limited time exception to this rule should not be considered the norm.

#211 1 year ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

People should EXPECT to lose money on a NIB game. This isn't new. The limited time exception to this rule should not be considered the norm.

Expecting a loss on resale is not a good enough excuse or reason to not give “value for money” spent.

#212 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Expecting a loss on resale is not a good enough excuse or reason to not give “value for money” spent.

Agreed on that. I think the insta-flippers ruined it for everyone.

#213 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

JJP is done and their next release will prove it. People are tired of losing money from selling on the 2nd hand market. Limited 1k POTC is the only seller on the 2nd hand market to garner a gain and even it basically did not sell at all until collectors realized its no longer being made. Have never seen a company so hell bent on destroying themselves from the inside. Stupid decision after stupid decision never ceases from JJP. Current pricing is the dumbest decision they’ve ever made, plus leaving off all the plastics collectors, not pinball players are looking for.
    Stern did not follow suit till moron Disney boy became the Pres then CEO just after 1 year being introduced into pinball. He’s a proven idiot. Did you see his non professional FF presentation??? There will be a day of reckoning for Stern too, if they stay on this path of higher and higher pricing on PRE/LEs. Seth is not being talked about by many yet, but he basically helped destroy Disney with everything he touched and mark my word he’ll do it to Stern too. Just give him enough rope. He’s not a pinballer and does not get the vibe we all understand about this business. He’ll do just like Ron Johnson did to JC Penny when he became CEO after leaving Apple, destroy it. It’s been a gravy train during pinball’s great awakening so all the many blatant stupid decisions have not born their ugly heads yet. Just wait history will repeat, just as it has always done in pinball when companies get super greedy.
    They cannot or should not ever run their business model based on the few leach scalpers out there. Giving value for money is the only business model that has ever sustained itself in history.

I know how much you hate Seth Davis, but that presentation was 1000% more professional than Gary's have been.

#214 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

JJP is done and their next release will prove it. People are tired of losing money from selling on the 2nd hand market. Limited 1k POTC is the only seller on the 2nd hand market to garner a gain and even it basically did not sell at all until collectors realized its no longer being made. Have never seen a company so hell bent on destroying themselves from the inside. Stupid decision after stupid decision never ceases from JJP. Current pricing is the dumbest decision they’ve ever made, plus leaving off all the plastics collectors, not pinball players are looking for.
    Stern did not follow suit till moron Disney boy became the Pres then CEO just after 1 year being introduced into pinball. He’s a proven idiot. Did you see his non professional FF presentation??? There will be a day of reckoning for Stern too, if they stay on this path of higher and higher pricing on PRE/LEs. Seth is not being talked about by many yet, but he basically helped destroy Disney with everything he touched and mark my word he’ll do it to Stern too. Just give him enough rope. He’s not a pinballer and does not get the vibe we all understand about this business. He’ll do just like Ron Johnson did to JC Penny when he became CEO after leaving Apple, destroy it. It’s been a gravy train during pinball’s great awakening so all the many blatant stupid decisions have not born their ugly heads yet. Just wait history will repeat, just as it has always done in pinball when companies get super greedy.
    They cannot or should not ever run their business model based on the few leach scalpers out there. Giving value for money is the only business model that has ever sustained itself in history.

This feels like a Southern Baptist sermon

#215 1 year ago

I know how much you hate Seth Davis, but that presentation was 1000% more professional than Gary's have been.

Do not hate him at all, just don’t like seeing a guy who knows almost zero about pinball and has never been a pinballer, ruin the hobby we all enjoy. Stern has become a different animal since he arrived, that is obvious.

#216 1 year ago

When was Metallica? That started the whole LE allocation and flipper debacle

They weren’t even going to do a TWD premium until they sold the LEs out fast.

Today, FOMO fades fast when it comes time to write the checks for some people.

Scooby, again. Not like Halloween though.

I don’t know what’s on the top side of that Godfather but the underbelly is “packed” solid.

$15k for 1,000 CEs is ridiculous.

The “LE” and “CE” 1,000 means NOTHING today. Plentiful always

If I like the THEME 1st. That’s my #1, 2 and 3 criteria.

If was gonna get a FOO and the green was premium that’s what I’d get and add lighting later.

But the LE FOO looks much better in my view. Congrats if you love it. Should be about the Fun factor

FOO got me to fire up my beautiful ASLE with animations again. Been a while.

Back to my old AC/DC premium days. I paid $6,300 or thereabouts. After a $100 Stern bump

No those days are gone just like the FOMO for me. Very picky and choosy

Passing on Venom sight unseen. Godfather? Could be a sleeper hit!

Just some “Demand pruning”.

#217 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Do not hate him at all, just don’t like seeing a guy who knows almost zero about pinball and has never been a pinballer, ruin the hobby we all enjoy. Stern has become a different animal since he arrived, that is obvious.

I don’t know man, you definitely have a thing for him.
    You’ve posted about him a dozen times complaining about him but still haven’t explained how he’s ruining pinball.

#218 1 year ago

You’ve posted about him a dozen times complaining about him but still haven’t explained how he’s ruining pinball.

Well when he starts skylandering all our games, it might get old pretty quick just like Disney Infinity

#219 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Well when he starts skylandering all our games, it might get old pretty quick just like Disney Infinity

Urban Dictionary has two interesting, sexual explanations for, Skylander, (scroll down) but nothing for, Skylandering.
    Any help?

#220 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Urban Dictionary has two interesting, sexual explanations for, Skylander, (scroll down) but nothing for, Skylandering.
    Any help?

Skylanders was a hugely popular video game franchise for a while where there was a base module that plugged into your console. You'd then go to the store where you could buy various figurines and when you'd place them on the base it would add characters or features into the video game. Disney infinity was essentially the same idea, but for a Disney game with mostly Disney characters. Seth Davis was a big part of bringing Disney Infinity to the market (it didn't fare well though). The rumored idea of buying foo fighters action figures and placing them into the topper seems like its pretty much the same sort of idea except its for rich pinball guys who spend big bucks on accessories instead of little kids begging their parents to buy a 15 dollar figurine.

Lol @ the urban dictionary ideas

91iOa9+6CzL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg91iOa9+6CzL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
    #221 1 year ago

It’s nice to see a stern distributor pricing FF LE at $14,500 when stern has it at $13k on their website. I purchased a CCr from them, but will take my business elsewhere in the future. I’m not interested in FF but still….cmon man!

#222 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

It’s nice to see a stern distributor pricing FF LE at $14,500 when stern has it at $13k on their website. I purchased a CCr from them, but will take my business elsewhere in the future. I’m not interested in FF but still….cmon man!

That’s bs. Good call.

#223 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

Which one?

#224 1 year ago

Well he is in Illinois so.......

Come on TheLaw. You getting lazy here. Playing too much JM?

Screenshot_20230303-150716_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230303-150716_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #225 1 year ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Come on TheLaw. You getting lazy here.

Ha it ain't lazy when it's someone else's job. Call someone out correctly if you're going to do it!

#226 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha it ain't lazy when it's someone else's job. Call someone out correctly if you're going to do it!

Fine! GAP! and they sold out so.....who's at fault for that!!!

As for you, go earn Powerdown and get back to me then!

#227 1 year ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Fine! GAP! and they sold out so.....who's at fault for that!!!
    As for you, go earn Powerdown and get back to me then!

Wow so shocking that GAP is overpriced lmao

#228 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Yeah WTF this ain't even news.

#229 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I’m new to the area (and to the hobby as well) and they were the closest shop. I had no idea they were known to be overpriced.

I did get my CCr from them at MSRP!

#230 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

I’m new to the area (and to the hobby as well) and they were the closest shop. I had no idea they were known to be overpriced.

Another one that does this with Stern LEs but not with Chicago gaming (at least not in the past) is The Pinball Company.

Personally I have no issues with it. They price high, I buy somewhere else or not at all. They price fair (by my admittedly subjective opinion), they get back on the list.

Pretty much like most other things. /shrug

63D608D2-FC65-421F-90A2-A23265D595C4.jpeg63D608D2-FC65-421F-90A2-A23265D595C4.jpeg
    #231 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

Another one that does this with Stern LEs but not with Chicago gaming (at least not in the past) is The Pinball Company.
    Personally I have no issues with it. They price high, I buy somewhere else or not at all. They price fair (by my admittedly subjective opinion), they get back on the list.
    Pretty much like most other things. /shrug[quoted image]

I agree totally, just kinda shitty to jack up the price so much. Surprised someone would over pay for a game they have not played. But I guess the market is set by those willing to pay for it.

My next game will be from another source

#232 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

They usually aren't bad for NIB (except for LE's apparently), as they have to compete with all the other distros in that market. But yeah, you should be buying your NIB's out of state anyway my friend!

#233 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

I agree totally, just kinda shitty to jack up the price so much.

As Aurich once so aptly stated (paraphrased): it's adorable when they're young.

#234 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

They usually aren't bad for NIB (except for LE's apparently), as they have to compete with all the other distros in that market. But yeah, you should be buying your NIB's out of state anyway my friend!

I assume you’re talking about Illinois sales tax, but if I get a NIB outta state then I’m dealing with shipping correct?

I’m less than an hour of about 3 distros so I figure I can just drive over and grab it.

And yes I’m new to the hobby, I played tons of pinball back in the 90s and finally have a basement with room for some pins & some extra income that can afford them as well!

Any sage advice from you all is always welcome & appreciated!

#235 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

I assume you’re talking about Illinois sales tax, but if I get a NIB outta state then I’m dealing with shipping correct?
    I’m less than an hour of about 3 distros so I figure I can just drive over and grab it.
    And yes I’m new to the hobby, I played tons of pinball back in the 90s and finally have a basement with room for some pins & some extra income that can afford them as well!

Last NIB I bought I got free shipping. Granted that was in 2020. I know some distros still offer it though.

#236 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

Did you pay sales tax on it? Did you pay shipping? If so how much?

Thanks

#237 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

I mean, if you can pick it up same day, why not? Seriously, if money is plentiful, you get more time with your game. Money cannot "buy more time" but it can reduce waiting. If you're happy with paying more but getting it right away, I think that's a fair trade!

I do believe there are some distributors that will do their best to help you by offering both free shipping and no out of state sales tax (PURE speculation on my part). There are some loopholes out there, and if they can be taken advantage of, some cool distributors will do it I'm sure. Again, SPECULATION from me.... I haven't bought NIB since 2018.

#238 1 year ago

The only thing he hates more is anything JJP!Even a fucking rumor of a game by them sends him into hysterics lol

#239 1 year ago

Cointaker offers free shipping

#240 1 year ago

Probably been said already..
    Bond LE & FOO LE are £16K over here.. let that sink in.. $19,250

That is taking the piss..

Cheaper to buy from a US distributor, ship over here and pay the tax.. around £3k less.

Gomez said it best GREED!

#241 1 year ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I mean, if you can pick it up same day, why not? Seriously, if money is plentiful, you get more time with your game. Money cannot "buy more time" but it can reduce waiting. If you're happy with paying more but getting it right away, I think that's a fair trade!
    I do believe there are some distributors that will do their best to help you by offering both free shipping and no out of state sales tax (PURE speculation on my part). There are some loopholes out there, and if they can be taken advantage of, some cool distributors will do it I'm sure. Again, SPECULATION from me.... I haven't bought NIB since 2018.

I wouldn’t say money is plentiful, but depending on how many side jobs I feel like doing after hours I can do alright (I’m an electrician).

I just figured with the money hungry politicians In Illinois I’d have to pay sales tax on a game even shipped to Illinois. I’ll have to investigate this!

#242 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

I wouldn’t say money is plentiful, but depending on how many side jobs I feel like doing after hours I can do alright (I’m an electrician).
    I just figured with the money hungry politicians In Illinois I’d have to pay sales tax on a game even shipped to Illinois. I’ll have to investigate this!

Shhhhh

#243 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

Buy NIB out of state, trust me.

#244 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

Advice? Get ready to kiss that extra space and cash goodbye.

But seriously…welcome. The pinball hobby is a wild ride!

#245 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I’ll bet that I’ll be able to buy an LE for $13k or less next month or 3 months from now?
    Any takers?

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I'll take the LE bet for $100 to charity of choice

@iceman44

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230309005359/en/Stern-Pinball%E2%80%99s-Foo-Fighters-Pinball-Games-Sell-Out-in-Record-Time

#246 1 year ago

Not really surprised. It and Godzilla both had the wow factor at first look and first impressions sell games. I wasn't expecting it, but I was pleasantly surprised by it.

There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighter-and-jjp-pricing-and-quantity/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.