Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 246 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jgentry
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

63D608D2-FC65-421F-90A2-A23265D595C4.jpeg
    Screenshot_20230303-150716_Chrome (resized).jpg
    91iOa9+6CzL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230224-190021_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230224-190326_Facebook (resized).jpg
    EC531C2D-5ACE-4955-B874-03C7001833B1 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Im quite sure they think they can.
    Stern is coming off X number of consecutive record sales years.
    If there is DEMAND DESTRUCTION I doubt they've gotten the memo yet.

They will be getting the memo from Distributors, just like they did on Bond 60th.

If they go $13k and 1,000 you will see the "DEMAND DESTRUCTION" hit again.

The record sales years were driven by pulled forward Covid demand. That's going in the other direction now.

I will probably buy a Foo because i like the band and music pins, but unlike pins i've bought for years prior, i have ZERO FOMO and won't worry about getting one now, like the old days!

#102 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

They will be getting the memo from Distributors, just like they did on Bond 60th.
    The record sales years were driven by pulled forward Covid demand. That's going in the other direction now.
    I will probably buy a Foo because i like the band and music pins, but unlike pins i've bought for years prior, i have ZERO FOMO and won't worry about getting one now, like the old days!

You and tons of other people seem to be excited to buy Foo.

Congrats! Enjoy the game.

Your theory may be correct, but I'm not sure it matters that much. FOMO is what is keeping companies like Spooky afloat. FOMO helped them sell out of Halloweens before anybody realized how bad it was.

But Do Stern and JJP really need FOMO to stay in business? I think they can sell plenty of games without people freaking out on onsale day. FOMO never really drove their business model much.

Gary is a fucking lifer. His dad was a lifer. It's a different perspective. Stern is a long-haul company.

#103 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

How much were the 1,000 Rush LE's again?
    $11,500? There are plenty to buy for less now.
    Times are a changin!

This is a good thing in my eyes. You SHOULD lose money after you open the box. Used to be referred to as the NIB tax or something similar.

#104 1 year ago

My prediction is that we will see 1K units at $13K plus and that it will be a day one sellout. There will still be FOMO even with 1000 units. Flippers will be selling them at a premium soon after just like every other recent LE.

#105 1 year ago

When I heard the FF rumors , I instantly thought concert footage and questioned what the pin would look like .Well this looks very interesting .I’m not going to say that I’m a huge fan because I’m not ,but do like them . Is this van in they’re new movie that I’m watching tonight ?

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You and tons of other people seem to be excited to buy Foo.
    But Do Stern and JJP really need FOMO to stay in business? I think they can sell plenty of games without people freaking out on onsale day. FOMO never really drove their business model much.

Probably not.... but those of us that have seen business cycles know the pattern

1- Demand is hot and inventory is nopn-exisitent
    2- Prices increase
    3- company thinks it will continue for ever - they expand capacity
    4- the increase in price + the extra capacity means that supply overshoots demand
    5- extra inventory at all levels.... prices are cut and/or businesses downsize/right-size/exit
    6- supply-demand balance - maybe at the elevated prices... but with fewer units built

we are somewhere between steps 3 and 4

This isn't just pinball... it is almost every business at some point

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Pinball isn’t food or gas, we don’t have to have it

Depends on your level of addiction

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Wait...after starting this thread and the responses on the last few pages, a teaser trailer with zero gameplay comes out and you fold on your anti stern purchases thus forth and are "buying a foo"

Oh man I love new game time. People fold like wet cardboard when the scent is in the air.

#109 1 year ago

I swore I was out after Bond but look at me now.In for an LE

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

For those that are asking, pricing is unchanged, this has been confirmed. If ytour looking to order, we would be happy to try to help you, earlier the better to avoid long waits

Well, looks like I’m at least half right.

All right once the 1,000 LE amount is announced.

We can go over this all over again ina few months with venom.

#111 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We can go over this all over again ina few months with venom.

Stern will definitely drop Venom to 500 LE?

#112 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

yes, 1000 LE

Well ok then. I guess we can table this DEMAND DESTRUCTION convo till venom. Or the next JJP release, whichever comes first (so….venom).

#113 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Stern will definitely drop Venom to 500 LE?

Why?

#114 1 year ago

Does anyone know who the game designer is for Foo Fighters?

#115 1 year ago

Man Bear Pig

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Does anyone know who the game designer is for Foo Fighters?

Jack Danger

#117 1 year ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

Wait...after starting this thread and the responses on the last few pages, a teaser trailer with zero gameplay comes out and you fold on your anti stern purchases thus forth and are "buying a foo"
    Oh man I love new game time. People fold like wet cardboard when the scent is in the air.

I never said I wasn’t going to buy a Stern or JJP pin again. I def will.

Just not buying them out of the chute at these prices unless it’s something I really want to play right away like BondLE

The silence you hear is me not smiling and dialing a distributor.

Maybe I get one later, maybe not. FOMO gone

But yeah, new pinball is always exciting!

#118 1 year ago

Why does everybody keep saying it's Jack's?

We need some clarity!!

I'll rewatch the teaser 56 times and see if there's any hints.

#119 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We need some clarity!!

I read the question wrong. I don't know who designed it.

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We need some clarity!!

Jack seemed to apologize for not streaming as much when the Bond 60th stream hit Tuesday.

Said “a lot going on”. I’m sure that meant his move to the new studio too but Elwin also said he was happy “others” are getting an opportunity and his cornerstone would be out in 2024.

#121 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No ass-tattoo or bourbon bets please.

Man, if the stakes can't be for a good ass-tattoo..... what's the point?

#122 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

DEMAND DESTRUCTION
    (at the same time has 2 dozen people are saying "in for an LE!!!!" after a 20 second teaser)
    I know it's all conjecture and we've rehashed this argument a billion times (a billion +1 coming with the next Ice post) but I don't think the goose is yet cooked.
    Pinball fans have tons of money
    pinball fans like buying games
    More home buying pinball fans than ever and it continues to grow
    A good game with a good theme is gonna keep selling ,just like the last 20 years.
    DEMAND INDESTRUCTABLE!!
    I think part of the disconnect for Ice is, that for years, Ice was one of the only guys buying EVERYTHING. Every ridiculously expensive game, every ponzi scheme hail mary, didn't matter. If it was crazy expensive, crazy risky, and if the masses thought you were stupid for buying it, Ice was in. He was the high profile outlier.
    And now, since HE is having second thoughts, he just figures that means everybody else is too. Cause if the guy who signed up to buy 3 RAZAs is sick of these prices, well, isn't everybody!??!?!!
    No. Hobby isn't just one guy.

YUP, the death of FOMO may have been prematurely called

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Probably not.... but those of us that have seen business cycles know the pattern
    1- Demand is hot and inventory is nopn-exisitent
    2- Prices increase
    3- company thinks it will continue for ever - they expand capacity
    4- the increase in price + the extra capacity means that supply overshoots demand
    5- extra inventory at all levels.... prices are cut and/or businesses downsize/right-size/exit
    6- supply-demand balance - maybe at the elevated prices... but with fewer units built
    we are somewhere between steps 3 and 4
    This isn't just pinball... it is almost every business at some point

You forgot #7........ industry weeds out weak companies and consolidates, or collapses. See 90's pinball.

#124 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

YUP, the death of FOMO may have been prematurely called

I don't think so Bill, "many a slip between the cup and the lip".

Never said they wouldn't sell plenty of LE's. They won't sell 1,000 of these at $13k. Sight unseen i predict they will be selling for less in the after market right away. And it might be a fantastic and wonderful pin, i hope it is.

Now maybe Stern will force the distros take their allotments but then there a big chunk will sit.

Distros are in full pump mode already on the teaser. "Hurry up and get in line so you don't have to wait long".

#125 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Distros are in full pump mode already on the teaser. "Hurry up and get in line so you don't have to wait long".

That's kind of their job, isn't it?

Not sure why anybody would expect them to say "Hey We've got LEs but no rush, nobody wants them, don't bother placing an order with us. Thanks!"

#126 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I don't think so Bill, "many a slip between the cup and the lip".
    Never said they wouldn't sell plenty of LE's. They won't sell 1,000 of these at $13k. Sight unseen i predict they will be selling for less in the after market right away. And it might be a fantastic and wonderful pin, i hope it is.
    Now maybe Stern will force the distros take their allotments but then there a big chunk will sit.

We will see, those with money do still have plenty of it

#127 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

You forgot #7........ industry weeds out weak companies and consolidates, or collapses. See 90's pinball.

Let's hope that this will never happen. Foo fighters is a step in the right direction despite many of us scratching our heads. New generation with no kids an oodles of cash to blow is coming of age.

#128 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's kind of their job, isn't it?
    Not sure why anybody would expect them to say "Hey We've got LEs but no rush, nobody wants them, don't bother placing an order with us. Thanks!"

My point is that on cheaper releases with 500 quantity people were crawling all over themselves to get one.

Now, just the opposite.

They def should scramble to lock up sales.

Bond LEs are already sell below $13k all over the place.

1,000 is too many at $13k.

#129 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

My point is that on cheaper releases with 500 quantity people were crawling all over themselves to get one.
    Now, just the opposite.

The saving grace for Stern on this one maybe the FF fans.

Didn't the Guns and Roses fans make that machine (CE) a instant sell out at 500 and it seems like 1k that day would have went from outside sources?

#130 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

That basically what happens in #6… but yeah

#131 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Now, just the opposite.

Yep…. And a lot of people are feeling burned by Bond. I just don’t see them selling 1000 of these instantly. If it is a great game then it will sell… if not… oh boy.

#132 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I intentionally said "individuals", not distribs or manufacturers. My statement stands.

Lol. Remember TFLE and AVLE’s?

#133 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We need some clarity!!

Aside from the rumor mill, George was trolling Jack hard throughout the Livestream, saying FOOBAR with an emphasis on Foo... Instead of FUBAR... Also I saw on the Stern Facebook official site say Jack...

Also

Screenshot_20230224-190021_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230224-190021_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230224-190326_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230224-190326_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #134 1 year ago

MORE MUSIC PINBALL PLEASE!

#135 1 year ago

It’s rare for a specialty goods producer to just lower prices. They typically flatline pricing (potentially for years), reduce supply and maybe offer temporary incentives. The wildcard may be Stern’s ownership. From the outside, it certainly appears they are positioning for some type of change. If they sell, the price will likely be based on wildly optimistic growth projections, and new ownership may force a change in market strategy if things don’t go as anticipated.

#136 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtp78:

My distributor in the know told me sterns next is not foo fighters

not a real smart guy is he????

#137 1 year ago

Foo fighters, Venom, what’s next?

#138 1 year ago
    Quoted from Xdetroit:

Foo fighters, Venom, what’s next?

Another price increase.

#139 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Another price increase.

I think we’re safe for the next 10 months

#140 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I think you are the exception and not the norm? I could be wrong, but damn, good for you man! I was in my 20's raiding warehouses and buying solid states for $50 to $100 a crack.

This sums up the change in the last 20 years. People want new titles for their game rooms. Not 30 year old titles that need full restoration. The hobby has gotten lazy in my opinion. It’s turned into Amazon shopper mentality…sort my cheapest price and quickest shipping. It’s that simple mindset that will cause a crash imho.

#141 1 year ago

People who buy pinball machines are people with tons of extra money to burn. A $750 price hike on a $9000 game is an 8% increase. Anybody locked in on a Premium won't run away from 8% imo, so these prices are here to stay.

For me, it's the overall product that will decide if I'm in or out. For example, I think I'm out on JJP forever. The flippers are terrible and always have been. The scoring on JJP machines is terrible and always has been. And finally, the ruleset on JJP machines are mostly terrible and always has been. They won't change the most crucial aspects of their games, so there's no way I'm shelling out money for their products. If Stern quality ever goes down this path, that's when I'm out. It won't be because of the cost.

Spooky is close to being out of my life forever as well. I've purchased 3 NIB games from Spooky and they've all had issues, either hardware or software, that ultimately led to me selling them off. Scooby Doo is the final straw, but I'm pretty confident this game is a turning point for the company. If so, customer for life right here. Literally all in or all out from this point forward. I've purchased more NIB from Spooky than any company.

And then there is American Pinball, who has quietly had the best everything when you think about it. Prices? Check. Quality? Check. Rulesets? Check. Scoring?... ehh... could be better I guess. But this company has implemented so many amazing rules and features and moments that I haven't seen in any/many pinball machines before. They aren't afraid to take chances.

....... ugh.... I have a Scooby on order, I'm looking to buy FF pro, and now I'm talking myself into buying the next AP as well......... lol. I hope it's expensive as hell so I can talk myself back out.

#142 1 year ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

People who buy pinball machines are people with tons of extra money to burn. A $750 price hike on a $9000 game is an 8% increase. Anybody locked in on a Premium won't run away from 8% imo, so these prices are here to stay.

Not necessarily, I have 2 sometimes 3 machines never more and the money I used to buy them is borrowed from my modest retirement, I buy sell and trade them so I can play something different often. In the end I will probably end up with no machines as these games are far too expensive for me to justify owning over the long term. So eventually the money will be put back into my retirement by me or my wife and I will be back to having her drive me to my local arcade to play. My games have helped me to keep my sanity over the last few years so that is a small price to pay for whatever damage it has cost my retirement.

#143 1 year ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

Aside from the rumor mill, George was trolling Jack hard throughout the Livestream, saying FOOBAR with an emphasis on Foo... Instead of FUBAR... Also I saw on the Stern Facebook official site say Jack...
    Also[quoted image][quoted image]

Ayyy a wild me is spotted in your screen shots. I was laughing at George's FOObar comments during the stream, I was definitely picking up on that too

#144 1 year ago

Sorry Ice. Looks like DEMAND DESTRUCTION will have to wait till the next release, as Foo looks awesome and they'll sell a shitload.

But NEXT time...I'm sure of it this time...the goose will be cooked and the bubble will burst.

And if not then probably the next one.

Or for sure the one after that. I'm certain of it.

#145 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sorry Ice. Looks like DEMAND DESTRUCTION will have to wait till the next release, as Foo looks awesome and they'll sell a shitload.
    But NEXT time...I'm sure of it this time...the goose will be cooked and the bubble will burst.
    And if not then probably the next one.
    Or for sure the one after that. I'm certain of it.

5 minutes into super hyperventilating phase and already pumping it up.

They won’t sell 1,000 LEs at $13k. Isn’t that what I said. Maybe Stern will to Distros.

I’ll be able to buy one for less after the monkey Fing a football phase dies down a bit!

Demand destruction at these prices and quantity.

It’s another cool Stern game. Looks good

#146 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

They won’t sell 1,000 LEs at $13k. Isn’t that what I said.

Yes, you said that and a lot of other stuff and it's all wrong.

Of course they'll sell all 1,000 LEs. Maybe not in 10 minutes but I don't think they care.

DEMAND DESTRUCTION does not exist in pinball at this time.

#147 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, you said that and a lot of other stuff and it's all wrong.
    Of course they'll sell all 1,000 LEs. Maybe not in 10 minutes but I don't think they care.
    DEMAND DESTRUCTION does not exist in pinball at this time.

Stay tuned. I’ll be back with the receipts.

#148 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Stay tuned. I’ll be back with the receipts.

Do you have your receipt yet from the LE you are buying?

#149 1 year ago

Foo Figthers looks great based on the trailer, there's a good amount in the game at first glance and it seems like fun! That up post in the in-lane is a really cool ball save idea. Big improvement overall from Bond which feels like it came and went.

#150 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do you have your receipt yet from the LE you are buying?

No RUSH to get it. Pun intended. Yawn…

Let’s see a little gameplay, more of the game itself etc.

That’s where I’m back to. No need for FOMO. Just not necessary.

I do like the green colors MUCH better than the red.

There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighter-and-jjp-pricing-and-quantity/page/3?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.