Folks with AC/DC Premium/LE

Started 2 years ago by Pinchroma in forum All Pinball > All Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

Folks with AC/DC Premium/LE

Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider. Click the star to add it to your favorites.

By Pinchroma

2 years ago

Stats

• Started 2 years ago
  • 40 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PACMAN02

Posting activity (per week)

week 20
May 14th '12
39 posts
week 21
May 21st '12
No posts
week 22
May 28th '12
No posts
week 23
Jun 4th '12
No posts
week 24
Jun 11th '12
No posts
week 25
Jun 18th '12
No posts
week 26
Jun 25th '12
No posts
week 27
Jul 2nd '12
No posts
week 28
Jul 9th '12
No posts
week 29
Jul 16th '12
No posts
week 30
Jul 23rd '12
No posts
week 31
Jul 30th '12
No posts
week 32
Aug 6th '12
No posts
week 33
Aug 13th '12
No posts
week 34
Aug 20th '12
No posts
week 35
Aug 27th '12
1 post

2 years ago

Is the lower playfield really that hazy as it looks in the video? I know it can't be swapped out as its built into the playfield but it looks like it has a layer of autoclear on it and it wasn't buffed out afterwards.

2 years ago

My BIBLE is indeed rather hazy.

2 years ago

Early production runs of the lower playfield window suffered from a chemical reaction that made the window hazy. The problem has been fixed.

2 years ago

Call Stern, I believe there was a recall.

goodgameslover said:

2 years ago

My BIBLE is also hazy. #234 and I just got it. I have not seen a clear example yet, but I still LOVE the game.

2 years ago

I played the Pro today - fast fun game. I can see how I would like the drop targets - I think that would add a lot. I know people talk about drop targets slowing the game down but I think for me that would be a good thing!

JWS64

Pinball addict
3y
2 years ago

I saw this video linked today on my facebook page, and in it the guy doing the review talks about the hazy playfield window.

Once more with feeling, it's not my video, it's someone else that's doing the review. Got a problem with the review, talk to him.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/puzb99UX94w?autoplay=1&rel=0

2 years ago

That was also a sample game with a confirmed issue.

It is a little concerning to hear that the BiBs at least aren't any clearer.

JWS64 said:

I saw this video linked today on my facebook page, and in it the guy doing the review talks about the hazy playfield window.

Once more with feeling, it's not my video, it's someone else that's doing the review. Got a problem with the review, talk to him.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/puzb99UX94w?autoplay=1&rel=0

2 years ago

The one I just played is pretty hazy. I don't understand the point of the canon, seems like a wasted feature.

2 years ago
GoBlue said:

The one I just played is pretty hazy. I don't understand the point of the canon, seems like a wasted feature.

The cannon is how you get your supers.

2 years ago
jalpert said:

goodgameslover said:

I doubt they will send a new playfield just for that.

2 years ago

At least initially, there was an actual recall.

goodgameslover said:

2 years ago
goodgameslover said:

jalpert said:

goodgameslover said:

The game retails for 8500 US. If they can't ship you a spare PF that costs them maybe 200, they should close up shop. They sent me replacement parts on my TSPP a few times.

2 years ago

I brought up the clear issue what.... a month ago got told by a few i had no idea what i was talking about with the reaction........IRONY.

2 years ago
treborlicec said:

The game retails for 8500 US. If they can't ship you a spare PF that costs them maybe 200, they should close up shop. They sent me replacement parts on my TSPP a few times.

It's worth a try. I"ll contact my distributor first, maybe he has more luck then me.

2 years ago
treborlicec said:

GoBlue said:

The cannon is how you get your supers.

Okay, but it just has the one shot to the lightning bolt drop target?

2 years ago

The bell collects the super

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
2 years ago

Kind of ironic. A product referred to as "clear" makes
Things a but hazy.

I can deal with a little hazy if that's how it is, as long as its consistent.

2 years ago

My premium is clear. Very happy with it. Has a nice layer of clear coat over it too.

Do you have any pics?

2012-05-04_21.12.37.jpg

2 years ago

alimerick

Senior pinhead
3y
2 years ago

alimerick

Senior pinhead
3y
2 years ago

2 years ago

I saw a game similar to your with the streaks, I think I would speak up if I got a game that looked like that.

2 years ago

When i first saw the machine at PAPA it has the same thing. PAPA had two I believe one was Trents. It looks like there is a protective film that needs to be removed. Thats the best way to describe it.

2 years ago

I have the same lines. I had my distributor look at it and he did not feel that there was anything Stern would do. Please let me know if you learn any different. Also, my cannon is rubbing on my right ramp when it turns. Is anyone else seeing this? You will have to look real close when the cannon is turning. Thanks.

2 years ago

Yah, there is a local guy with this issue. He was able to muck with the cannon and adjust it so it wasn't rubbing. I don't know exactly what he did, but he told me he fixed it and to keep an eye on it while I was playing.

BackFlipper said:

Also, my cannon is rubbing on my right ramp when it turns. Is anyone else seeing this?

2 years ago

the few machines I have seen all have a few streaks somewhere on the the clear playfield, however, they don't look quite as bad as alimerick's machine.

p

2 years ago

Contact Patrick.Powers@sternpinball.com directly. Screw your distro if they wont help.

2 years ago
jalpert said:

goodgameslover said:My BIBLE is indeed rather hazy.

So what, you are supposed to ship it back to them? Even if they send a new PF - the work involved in replacing it is absurd.

2 years ago

Stern has sent populated playfieds out before for swapping.

I just called Stern and talked to Tech support. I forgot the name of the guy I spoke to but he said that the play fields he saw are much better than the ones that were rejected. He said that it may not be crystal clear due to double clear coat. Also, about streaking he said in the perfect light you might see some, but he didn't notice it on the play fields he saw.

The gist of what I'm getting is, it is what it is.

BMore-Pinball said:

So what, you are supposed to ship it back to them? Even if they send a new PF - the work involved in replacing it is absurd.

2 years ago

Those streaks look like sanding scratches from when they sand the whole PF before screening. I hope it is not a common occurrence and that they take care of it for you.

2 years ago

When are they shipping already???

2 years ago
eabundy said:

When are they shipping already???

+1000 on that question!!

2 years ago

Premiums are running next week. Eric yours should be going out next week.

2 years ago

My machine is a little hazy, but the overall looks great. Almost no issues out of the box. In the long run the heavy clearcoat that is on the playfield (and lower playfield "lens") will probably be a good thing.
Scott

2 years ago

CoinTaker told me today , Stern was having Trouble w/ the Opto at the Bell this week . He said the prob- was Fixed and ship-n will continue Next week.. Gotta say, For my 1st NIB , I Hope it's Gonna be a smooth Ride ( Issue Wise ) The Cannon touch-n the Ramp is No Biggie, Use a Bigger washer and raise the Ramp a Bit,, ( Saw that Here on another Thread ) My Prem- Should be in the GRG next week..

2 years ago

BR,

Mine should come next week as well. Ordered from Chris @ CT

2 years ago

I played a premium that has been sited for a few weeks now and it was a little hazy on the see through window.

A warning to anyone siting a ac/dc pin make sure the lockdown bar clicks when putting it on (needs a lot of force to engage) and engaged as a few sited le's and premiums have had reports of lock down bars dis-engaged by players on site - luckily non stolen yet. If they put there fingers under the front and lift it pops off.

Also for info sake the first 10 pro's that came to Aus in Feb as a promotion had inserts and globes under Angus's eyes and mouth and the next batch don't so there has been a few slight changes.

2 years ago
BackFlipper said:

I have the same lines. I had my distributor look at it and he did not feel that there was anything Stern would do. Please let me know if you learn any different. Also, my cannon is rubbing on my right ramp when it turns. Is anyone else seeing this? You will have to look real close when the cannon is turning. Thanks.

Mine seems to be the wiring rubbing on rubber for bumper. Pulled wire through but still issues
Might be motor

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.