3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by nerdygrrl
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

unnamed-32 (resized).jpg
    untitledUPS STORE BRICK NJ (resized).png
    logo (resized).png

There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 2 years ago

When it comes down to it, they had the parts I needed for $8 less than Marco and ended up saving $40. Paid with credit card so I had the charge back safety at my back.

#102 2 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

"Most people won't bother with mad, but i had a good experience."
    He knows most people won't bother with them-knowing that, I myself would want to know why.

Yep, I missed that totally!

#103 2 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

When it comes down to it, they had the parts I needed for $8 less than Marco and ended up saving $40. Paid with credit card so I had the charge back safety at my back.

Maybe you can donate that $40 you saved to one of these guys that lost thousands.

#104 2 years ago

I flat-out won't do business with MAD--even if they have stuff a few bucks cheaper, or even if they have the last available unobtainium part I need that nobody else has. There are literally hundreds of posts detailing what MAD has done to people.

If it was just a couple people who had problems, that wouldn't be much of a blip on the radar. A few unhappy customers for one reason or another is par for the course when it comes to retail.

But this is well beyond just a couple of unhappy customers.

I can understand unwitting newbies ordering from MAD if they see the site pop up in a search for a part they're looking for, but what I simply don't understand why someone who is familiar with MAD's history would openly do business with someone who conducts business in a dishonest manner.

I'm curious if there is a full total on the dollar amount of unfulfilled orders and unpaid suppliers.

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

but i had a good experience.

Yeah, well numb-nuts . . . since you don't list where you live, I'd say you are not from a foreign country and didn't get ripped off by him. Have some balls and put your city and state by your avatar.

We all have worn this subject out about people like you singing the praises of a rip-off artist. Anyone who buys from Mike at Mad is not a friend of Pinside!!!

Can I get a vote of acclamation on that from the rest of you guys? Aren't you exhausted too from EXPLAINING to people like this what it is all about?!

#106 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Another international buyer had problems recently to the tune of $3k:

This makes my blood boil!!! That poor guy. Like he said, the money he paid Mad Amusements was equal to 4 months of pay in his country. Sad. Very sad. Makes me ashamed to know someone in my country would rip foreign pinball hobbyists off.

#107 2 years ago

Bump for the morning crew.

#108 2 years ago

Oh man that sucks I thought MAD amusements were cool I've been on their waiting list for a Dr. Dude Big Shot figure for about 2 years now lol. I never order anything overseas if I cant Paypal it, but even stuff off ebay from China can be risky with all there buyer protection now sellers in China just add 2-4 months delivery time and you have a major hassle trying to get your money refunded threw ebay...the internet truly is still the wild west.

#109 2 years ago

...feels like a good time to again sing the praises of MARCO it's my favorite place to order from!

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/main;jsessionid=AE79137655782B731C6B4F7B80D57926.jvm1

logo (resized).png

#110 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm curious if there is a full total on the dollar amount of unfulfilled orders and unpaid suppliers.

I am curious too, the more folks on board the better. I've reached out to the folks that came forward last year and I am trying to go through the various threads.

I keep seeing that vendors have been getting stiffed as well. If anyone has a list or knows of a vendor please let me know. The best chance at recovering lost payment/goods is in numbers.

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Hey great, your integrity is worth 40 bucks. Nice to know.

There is no defense here after all the information given about MAD Amusements after your first post. Now your just rubbing it peoples faces. Total DOUCHE BAG move for someone who has been on Pinside for almost 4 years.

MAD Amusements needs to be shut down and Mike Ducker needs to rot in jail.

#112 2 years ago

If anyone has any info of vendors or customers that did not receive payments of good that were paid for, intel form their own investigations, etc please get in touch with me.

If anyone is a member of an international forum and can post we would love that. These guys are trying to gauge the scope of the problem.

We know hundreds of folks have been ripped off, I need them to contact me.

#113 2 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

If anyone has any info of vendors or customers that did not receive payments of good that were paid for, intel form their own investigations, etc please get in touch with me.
    If anyone is a member of an international forum and can post we would love that. These guys are trying to gauge the scope of the problem.
    We know hundreds of folks have been ripped off, I need them to contact me.

I posted on the German flippermarkt forums:

http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?p=1447393#post1447393

And French FlipJuke forums:

https://www.flipjuke.fr/pour-ceux-qui-ont-des-problemes-avec-mad-amusements-t124350.html

#114 2 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

We know hundreds of folks have been ripped off, I need them to contact me

Ripped off, is nice wording. Fraud is more like it.
    MAD is run from a Postal Outlet Box. No physical address. If he received a mail order from outside the USA. He should return it with a statement that foreign orders are not accepted or processed. Keeping the money is a crime. His Web Site should have a large banner that reads, 'USA orders only', how hard is that to do? Has he ripped off any one from Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico?

Somethings just are not right, and it just get me riled to read of Pinsiders supporting this business.

#115 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Somethings just are not right, and it just get me riled to read of Pinsiders supporting this business.

Don't get worked up...there are scumbags in all stages of life. They have to live with themselves.

#117 2 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Don't get worked up...there are scumbags in all stages of life. They have to live with themselves.

Unfortunately, I've found that scummy dirtbags are quite alright with themselves. Most of them are narcissistic sociopaths.

#118 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Ripped off, is nice wording. Fraud is more like it.
    MAD is run from a Postal Outlet Box. No physical address. If he received a mail order from outside the USA. He should return it with a statement that foreign orders are not accepted or processed. Keeping the money is a crime. His Web Site should have a large banner that reads, 'USA orders only', how hard is that to do? Has he ripped off any one from Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico?

Lets work together to hold him accountable. If you know of any fellow Canadians that have been victimized please send them my way. I really want to get this sorted and handed off in case my health goes south again. I would like to see this guy held accountable.

#119 2 years ago

Some of the items I've bought from Mad weren't available anywhere else. Putting up a wanted ad here doesn't do much, am I supposed to just wait X months until someone over charges for the parts here on pinside?

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Some of the items I've bought from Mad weren't available anywhere else. Putting up a wanted ad here doesn't do much, am I supposed to just wait X months until someone over charges for the parts here on pinside?

How do you feel about buying stolen goods? Given how many vendors he has ripped off and how many customers have paid for goods that were not shipped and later resold you more than likely have property that belongs to someone else.

That being said, I appreciate the bumps. You are doing your part to bring awareness to this thread.

#121 2 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

No, you're supposed to bear your shame in silence. Why would you salt an open wound just to play devil's advocate with other hobbyists?

#122 2 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Putting up a wanted ad here doesn't do much

Actually, you would be surprised. I've had several successful WTB ads, and I've seen others have success with theirs too. A lot of collectors don't bother to put up for sale ads for stuff in their parts stash, but when they see someone in need, they tend to be very generous. Heck, there was a WTB ad recently for a Williams system 8 MPU board, which are incredibly rare--and someone offered one up to the OP. I was amazed at that one.

Quoted from lordloss:

am I supposed to just wait X months until someone over charges for the parts here on pinside?

I've had luck with some overseas and Canadian suppliers for certain things that aren't available from suppliers here in the US.

If you are restoring a pin, you need to remember it's not a game of instant gratification. The scavenger hunt is part of the fun.

#123 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

MAD Amusements needs to be shut down and Mike Ducker needs to rot in jail.

So . . . you don't like Mad or Mike? You need to express yourself better and not hold back!!!

Just teasing. I LOVED your comments. You feel the same way as I do. I agree, Mad needs to be shut down and Ducker needs to be prosecuted and put away!!!

Mike

#124 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

So . . . you don't like Mad or Mike? You need to express yourself better and not hold back!!!
    Just teasing. I LOVED your comments. You feel the same way as I do. I agree, Mad needs to be shut down and Ducker needs to be prosecuted and put away!!!
    Mike

The civil attorney may be the best shot, but I would love to talk to someone at the federal level. The only federal prosecutor I know is out of NY and handles trafficking cases. Anyone on here got any connections with federal law folk? The wire transfers have to have broken some federal laws.

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

The civil attorney may be the best shot, but I would love to talk to someone at the federal level. The only federal prosecutor I know is out of NY and handles trafficking cases. Anyone on here got any connections with federal law folk? The wire transfers have to have broken some federal laws.

Here you go, the bank MAD is doing the wire transfers through!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-amusements-customers-could-you-help-us#post-3677464

#126 2 years ago

nerdygrrl , maybe it's been mentioned, but any chance you could contact a local news station's 'investigative reporter '? Maybe they'd do one of those ambush pieces where they bring the camera in and confront him. Especially with the latest victim's story.

#127 2 years ago

Never ordered from MA but can it be possible to pay with PayPal?

#128 2 years ago

Don't think so. I believe when he sees it is an overseas order he insists on 'cash' by Bank Cheque. Still, I can't say for certain, but it looks like others would have paid that way and prevented their loss. Yet, it's always a bank cash transfer transaction. That's what tells me he doesn't take PayPal.

#129 2 years ago

Thanks, I have that noted.

Quoted from MRudowsky:

nerdygrrl , maybe it's been mentioned, but any chance you could contact a local news station's 'investigative reporter '? Maybe they'd do one of those ambush pieces where they bring the camera in and confront him. Especially with the latest victim's story.

I have tried, got nowhere. I know others contacted the reported that did the lottery special on him as well. It's beyond absurd how hard it is to take this guy down.

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Never ordered from MA but can it be possible to pay with PayPal?

No, he gets folks to pay outside of paypal

#130 2 years ago

I still can't understand why Pinsiders living in the Brick, New Jersey area don't find him . . . seek him out . . . and confront him with what he is doing. I know this, if he lived anywhere close to my city, I would find him. I'm old. Kinda REALLY old, but nothing would stop me from getting right in his face and telling him what a douche he is. I would like to take someone with me to video and hope he would get hostile and shove me or something and that is when I would pop him in the jaw!!! And not once, either.

Some of you may not know it, but he had 'someone' in the 'south' to send me an email threatening me on his behalf. The guy said he lived close to me and I needed to be looking over my shoulder at all times. It was a physical threat. I had no way of knowing who it was or where they lived. That was about 2 years ago. I found it hard to even think he could find a friend who would threaten me on his behalf, and I'm not too sure he didn't somehow send a disguised email himself to me.

I gave him a good cussin' one day on the phone (before all these overseas problems started) over an order he was screwing me over and he was FURIOUS. He immediately told me he was cutting me off and I couldn't order anymore and froze my account. That was a GOOD thing, because I had no plans to ever order from him again. He then froze and blocked accounts of anyone else on Pinside that he saw was a friend or buddy of mine. The man has mental issues.

I feel so bad for those folks overseas who have been ripped off. I give them all the info I can on how to contact authorities in NJ, how to trace back their bank cash transfers (SWIFT accounts between banks) and give them every tip I know on how to get their money back. As far as I know, no one has had any success. Even official packets of local New Jersey law enforcement forms submitted by the claimants are not responded to or seem to go right in the trash. EXCEPT one guy in Italy who told him he had business in New Jersey in a few weeks and he was coming to get his money or he would give him a good thrashing. He didn't mince his words and told him he would be sorry he ever tried to cheat him. He gave him the time and date he was coming and he meant business! He got his money back before he made the trip. I think the Feds need to be brought in on this because of defrauding international customers.

#131 2 years ago

hello friends!

here you can add your comments to Mike activities, which could help other people by finding info on google:

https://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business-reviews/games-and-supplies/mad-amusements-in-brick-nj-90180355/reviews-and-complaints/?review=true

#132 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

I still can't understand why Pinsiders living in the Brick, New Jersey area don't find him . . . seek him out . . . and confront him with what he is doing.

I think a couple of Pinsiders have tried this, but the address he lists his business from is literally the UPS store from some strip mall, iirc.

The BBB has the business listed as closed.

#133 2 years ago

If anyone has the physical address for the business, I am more than happy to stop by.

I live a few minutes north of Brick, NJ.

#134 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

If anyone has the physical address for the business, I am more than happy to stop by.

From the website:

MAD Amusements
    990 Cedar Bridge Ave B7 #228
    Brick, NJ 08723
    732-575-4228

#135 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

From the website:
    MAD Amusements
    990 Cedar Bridge Ave B7 #228
    Brick, NJ 08723
    732-575-4228

Can someone send me a copy of an order which has been paid for but unfulfilled by MAD?

I can stop by on Tuesday.

#136 2 years ago

Hang on here, there is more. Mike is committing a federal offense here. The address he is using for the wire transfers is a USPS postal box at a physical U.S. Post Office.

He is using 160 Chambers Bridge Rd Unit 2044, Brick NJ

Maybe you need to get the Brick N.J. postmaster involved, but honestly it's the FBI that needs to be informed and involved.

#137 2 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

You're ok with supporting this scumbag thief to save 40 bucks?

#138 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I can stop by on Tuesday.

The 990 Cedar Bridge Ave is an UPS Store, there would be no reason to go there. The manager there might listen to your complaint, not sure if they would do anything. Possibly if it is stated that their customer is committing fraud while using the UPS mailbox. UPS might investigate as the UPS Corp would most likely has some rules to the use of their post boxes.

.untitledUPS STORE BRICK NJ (resized).png

#139 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

The 990 Cedar Bridge Ave is an UPS Store, there would be no reason to go there. The manager there might listen to your complaint, not sure if they would do anything. Possibly if it is stated that their customer is committing fraud while using the UPS mailbox. UPS might investigate as the UPS Corp would most likely has some rules to the use of their post boxes.

Guys,

I am not going to show up at a UPS store or the post office. I thought I found his home address in Toms River, NJ a couple of years ago.

Can someone verify that for me?

I will then need copies of the unfulfilled MAD orders and proof of payment.

Let me know.

Thanks,
    Mike

#140 2 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

You're ok with supporting this scumbag thief to save 40 bucks?

Anyone have a cheap NOS nell log to send me so I can avoid supporting MAD again?>

#141 2 years ago

I don't want to get into too much publicly here and divulge what we know/don't know as it is a public forum and I don't want to make Mike aware of where we are.

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Anyone have a cheap NOS nell log to send me so I can avoid supporting MAD again?>

I believe that you may have better luck finding that if you post in the pinball parts wanted sub forum

#143 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me how this prick is still in business?

After reading all of this and the amount of people he has ripped off over the years, he is a thief and a con artist. I hope nerdygrrl and her supporters efforts to shut this guy down are successful. I wish you the best in your endeavours.

I'm surprised collective industry pressure hasn't forced him to shut down years ago, and I find it disappointing that hobbyists are still supporting this arsewipe.

#144 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

Can anyone tell me how this prick is still in business?
    After reading all of this and the amount of people he has ripped off over the years, he is a thief and a con artist. I hope nerdygrrl and her supporters efforts to shut this guy down are successful. I wish you the best in your endeavours.
    I'm surprised collective industry pressure hasn't forced him to shut down years ago, and I find it disappointing that hobbyists are still supporting this asswipe.

But MAD was cheaper than the other guys! I really don't care that he rips other people off and his inventory is theft because he hasn't paid for anything. I just care that I got mine for cheaper than the legitimate pinball parts sellers.

#145 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

But MAD was cheaper than the other guys! I really don't care that he rips other people off and his inventory is theft because he hasn't paid for anything. I just care that I got mine for cheaper than the legitimate pinball parts sellers.

Yes, it is exactly this kind of attitude by a few that allows this complete scumbag to keep doing what he has been doing for years. It makes me sick not only for what "Mad Mike" is doing, but also the people that trade with him KNOWING how he operates are not much better than him IMO.

This type of arsewipe brings the whole pinball business into disrepute and his actions really make my blood boil. As usual, the authorities couldn't care less about it all which doesn't help fix the problem.

People really need to just stop buying from and supporting this thief!

PS: I know it's tongue in cheek by you vdojaq - my comments are not directed at you.

#146 2 years ago

I've been called that!

1 month later
    #147 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Unfortunately, I've found that scummy dirtbags are quite alright with themselves. Most of them are narcissistic sociopaths.

Yes its true. Mike dee is POS. He was on YouTube bragging about how smart he thinks he is since has was able to use the stolen money to hit a lottery jackpot.

Then he tried to scam those who supported him into paying him $200 for his lottery tips.

I heard he got few if any takers so he dissapear from YouTube now for 8 months. His last video was trying to sell his scam tips book.

Mike dee is quite a POS Asshole who should be locked up but appearantly the authorities don't care about his crimes

#148 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Guys,
    I am not going to show up at a UPS store or the post office. I thought I found his home address in Toms River, NJ a couple of years ago.
    Can someone verify that for me?
    I will then need copies of the unfulfilled MAD orders and proof of payment.
    Let me know.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Don't Go to his house really. He could shoot you and get away with it. Better you wait at the UPS box and accidentally run into him in public or better yet take whatever proof you can gather to his local police. Sadly I'm starting to think this POS has the perfect crime and will get away with what he has done.

#149 2 years ago
    Quoted from spencerjames:

Don't Go to his house really. He could shoot you and get away with it. Better you wait at the UPS box and accidentally run into him in public or better yet take whatever proof you can gather to his local police. Sadly I'm starting to think this POS has the perfect crime and will get away with what he has done.

I didn't turn up very much, but I believe he lives with his mother at this address -

Lynne Ducker
    1450 Ottawa Court
    Toms River NJ 08753
    732-270-8844

I called the phone number many times and left multiple messages, but no one ever called me back.

#150 2 years ago

Wow what a complete asswipe. So he is committing these crimes while living with his mother thus possibly endangering her if some pissed person came looking for revenge. He just gets worse and worse. I knew he was an ass from my dealings with him on YouTube but wow what an ass. It sickening that the authorities don't seem to care.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Magazines/books
    The Flipper Room
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Cabinet Parts
    PinBoltCaps
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 249.99
    Great American Pinball
    $ 99.00
    Hardware
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 67.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    MicksPinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 59.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    $ 209.99
    There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside