Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by nerdygrrl
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

unnamed-32 (resized).jpg
    untitledUPS STORE BRICK NJ (resized).png
    logo (resized).png
    There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Hey guys, thanks for the PM's and thanks for posting abroad. A few more folks have stepped forward. We are finally starting to get somewhere. Let's keep this coming. Again, this doesn't have to be a recent case, older cases help establish a deliberate pattern of behavior. If you have been cheated home or abroad, PM me and I will tell you what is needed.

I hope you nail him.

#52 8 years ago

…and NOT in the good way!!

#53 8 years ago

Bump for a good cause.

#54 8 years ago

Hopefully the folks in the powers that be will do what is right here. I am doing my best to present as much info as possible to them.

#55 8 years ago

Hi Nerdygrrl, thank you for the support! I was frauded last year from MA and I tried to do everything possible here in Italy but it seems very hard even to open a dispute. Police said it's not worth it because this would be an international jurisdiction problem and the fraud ammount is too low, so I guess this is why Mike from MA frauds people oversea so frequently.
    I'm sending you PM btw...

#56 8 years ago

Hi friends, my apologies for not updating quite as much. I have been a bit under the weather. In the last week several more folks have come forward. I am mailing out their info to AG/Consumer Protective services today. Many thanks to everyone that has reached out overseas.

#57 8 years ago

Thank YOU for all your hard work!

2 weeks later
    #58 7 years ago

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know the case has been transferred to the appropriate jurisdiction (yay). Sadly I will need to re-send everyone's info (boo). If anyone else out there has a story to tell and info to contribute please drop me a line.

Things are still a little slow for me here. This second bout of rhabdo has kicked me arse. I am hoping to get the paperwork out the door this week.

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know the case has been transferred to the appropriate jurisdiction (yay). Sadly I will need to re-send everyone's info (boo). If anyone else out there has a story to tell and info to contribute please drop me a line.
    Things are still a little slow for me here. This second bout of rhabdo has kicked me arse. I am hoping to get the paperwork out the door this week.

#61 7 years ago

Big thanks to NerdyGrrl for being able to find a good channel to go about it. I'm sorry the reporter flaked on me.

#62 7 years ago

For once I feel "Mad" will have a legitimate reason to start shitting his pants.

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

For once I feel "Mad" will have a legitimate reason to start shitting his pants.

Let's hope. The more info and detailed experiences I can send the better.

3 weeks later
    #64 7 years ago

I can't believe that people still make business with that fucker... Here's a response I just got from a pinsider on a on-going negotiation:

Me: "Sorry for the late reply. Turns out the amount I paid (including custom taxes), plus the shipping costs, makes selling outside Brazil too prohibitive."

Pinsider: "I figure that. I ordered a complete set from Mad Amusement yesterday. Thanks anyways."

#65 7 years ago

Unfortunately that's all too often been the case regarding MAD, for every 1 person outside the US that gets ripped off and posts about it, 2 from within the US say they have never had an issue with MAD and the service has been great

I think what nerdygrrl is doing is amazing and I hope everyone that has ever been ripped off gets some some closure or even better some money back and he gets what he deserves!

#66 7 years ago

Some don't even know yet.... I just exchanged some msgs with the guy and he really wasn't aware of mad untill now....

#67 7 years ago

Great this is finaly moving in the right direction.
    Super nerdygrrl you doing this

Lets see that famous justice system in action

3 weeks later
    #68 7 years ago

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. I have been really under the weather. Still nothing since the case got transferred. I plan on calling on Tuesday and touching base again to see what else needs to be done.

Have any of the complaining parties been contacted by NJ authorities yet?

#69 7 years ago

Hi.
    No, nobody has contacted me yet.
    Regards from Hamburg
    Peter

1 month later
    #70 7 years ago

Bump.

1 month later
    #71 7 years ago

Looks like he got away with it.
    Sad

#72 7 years ago

I have not heard back from anyone at the new office. I was not even given a point of contact like previously. I can make a follow-up phone call, but last time I was told they do not discuss cases over the phone.

My apologies for being MIA-I have been really under the weather since March and am just starting to come around.

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

Why is nobody doing this with Twisted Pins?

Plus one!
    Would like my cash back.
    P.s This was regarding WW Foil Topper not MMR
    PRICK

#74 7 years ago

nerdygrrl, any chance you reached out to the Post Office on this? Since he uses the Postal Service to ship I would think you could file a claim/dispute with the Post Office for mail fraud! Just a thought!!!

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

My apologies for being MIA-I have been really under the weather since March and am just starting to come around.

Lyme disease?

#76 7 years ago

Hahahahaha I wish. Sadly it was self inflicted. I ended up with my second bout of rhabdo from lifting/rowing.

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

nerdygrrl, any chance you reached out to the Post Office on this? Since he uses the Postal Service to ship I would think you could file a claim/dispute with the Post Office for mail fraud! Just a thought!!!

I'm not sure, but I can definitely ask. I really thought the feds would act on the wire fraud stuff. I am headed to NJ today, but nowhere near there. Part of me think you just have to go down with all of the paperwork.

I really don't get what happened. It seemed like we were making progress. Then the transfer and radio silence.

2 weeks later
    #78 7 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

Why is nobody doing this with Twisted Pins?

I'm with ya...Travis *u#)@d me out of a MM.
    It helps to watch Ramsay Bolton "play" with Theon Greyjoy and think, "Ahhhh....Travis!"

3 weeks later
    #79 7 years ago

Hi nerdygrrl,
    I am a fellow pinball hobbiest from Australia who has just recently been burnt by the infamous MAD Mike Ducker. Like most of us I'm sure, I had not done any research on this crook until now. The old adage, "Better late than never" just doesn't quite work with this situation. PM sent, how can I help "nail this dirt bag"?
    Thanks for all your effort fighting for the team and hope you're recovering well.

2 months later
    #80 7 years ago

Hi Nerdygrrl

Longtime no hear, read.
    How about informing the office of revenue, if he receives money he should pay income taxes..............

#81 7 years ago

dito

#82 7 years ago

nerdygrrl is no longer in the hobby, I'm sad to report. I think she sold her games and is moving on to other stuff.

1 month later
    #83 7 years ago

Hey guys, I have had nothing, but radio silence since the transfer of departments. While, many folks wrote in with their stories, very few kept email exchanges or proof or wiring, etc. My only suggestion is to keep hammering away at the AG's office. Perhaps if 100 individuals flooded their office it might get them to take it seriously.

My apologies for the lack of communication, I've been dealing with some health issues since spring of last year and just don't spend much time on the hobby.

1 week later
    #84 7 years ago

Firstly, I want to apologize for lack of response. Last year I got sick and have been dealing with ongoing stuff ever since. Selfishly when I have felt ok, I've been doing things other than pinball.

Since the AG has dropped the ball, I decided to start looking elsewhere. I have contacted a friend that recently transferred from criminal law to civil. He and the firm he works for are in NJ. They are looking into some options for you guys. I cannot discuss much as of now publicly. I think we may need to move over to a private chat forum of some kind.

If you have documented communications between you and Mad, please save them. The paper trail is very important. If you want to know what the attorney relayed to me drop me a PM and I will do my best to respond within 24 hours. Hopefully we can all get you on board with this firm and they can take the lead.

#85 7 years ago

Man I can't believe people are still even dealing with MAD. I've gotta say that it's been probably 2 years since I even gave them a second thought to order from, despite them being an hour away from me.

Then again he banned me when I returned something.

#86 7 years ago

To be fair, if you are new to the hobby, live overseas, etc you may not know their history. They seem legit: have a website, been in business for years, etc.

1 month later
    #87 7 years ago

...And what a classy website it is too!

I see he is still in business.. This is good, all the more chance of bumping in to him at a con or whatnot..

#88 7 years ago

Sadly he is, but let's hope we can fix that. I have a lawyer interested in the case. I just need compaintaints to come forward with their correspondence and such. They want to get an idea of how widespread this is.

#89 7 years ago

Folks, the attorney I contacted is interested and wants to know more. Please contact me about how to move forward.

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

Man I can't believe people are still even dealing with MAD. I've gotta say that it's been probably 2 years since I even gave them a second thought to order from, despite them being an hour away from me.
    Then again he banned me when I returned something.

They gave me faster service than marco, pinballlife, K's arcade, and ebay. Wasn't over charged on shipping and I got my items ASAP. Most people won't bother with mad, but i had a good experience.

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

They gave me faster service than marco, pinballlife, K's arcade, and ebay. Wasn't over charged on shipping and I got my items ASAP. Most people won't bother with mad, but i had a good experience.

Because you live in the states and are protected by consumer laws, but thanks for sharing and rubbing salt in other's wounds. I am amazed given how well documented his theft from other members is you would support the guy, let alone come on here to tell everyone about it.

#92 7 years ago

We were talking about MAD at TPF a bit. Most domestic orders have been trouble free. I've never had a problem. I haven't ordered from MAD for quite some time, but going back 6-7 years, I never had a problem. It's the international orders that have all had issues. People overseas seem to have more problems than success.

#94 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

We were talking about MAD at TPF a bit. Most domestic orders have been trouble free. I've never had a problem. I haven't ordered from MAD for quite some time, but going back 6-7 years, I never had a problem. It's the international orders that have all had issues. People overseas seem to have more problems than success.

Considering all the suppliers who have mentioned not being paid, I'm wondering where Mike is getting stock from.

#95 7 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Because you live in the states and are protected by consumer laws, but thanks for sharing and rubbing salt in other's wounds. I am amazed given how well documented his theft from other members is you would support the guy, let alone come on here to tell everyone about it.

I believe it's distasteful to support a company that acts like MAD, but no harm in letting people chime in with their stories about successes/failures. It helps paint the picture of exactly who they are screwing (international customers).

#96 7 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Good for you, you got your parts! So glad you support a low life douche bag of a criminal by buying his parts! You are a great guy for coming here and telling us all that!

#97 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Another international buyer had problems recently to the tune of $3k: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-amusements-customers-could-you-help-us

He contacted me and I let him know about this a few days ago. The big struggle with the AG was lack of documentation. Hopefully he still has his.

Quoted from Darkwing:

I believe it's distasteful to support a company that acts like MAD, but no harm in letting people chime in with their stories about successes/failures. It helps paint the picture of exactly who they are screwing (international customers).

fair enough

#98 7 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Read this and tell us how great Mad Amusements is with their fast service.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-amusements-customers-could-you-help-us

#99 7 years ago

Why do we attack people without asking questions? I bet lordloss had no idea about the troubles our overseas brothers have had. Well documented or not! Much easier to attack!

I myself will not give mad a dime and wish you guys well. Please don't assume everyone knows what you know.

#100 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

Why do we attack people without asking questions? I bet lordloss had no idea about the troubles our overseas brothers have had. Well documented or not! Much easier to attack!
    I myself will not give mad a dime and wish you guys well. Please don't assume everyone knows what you know.

"Most people won't bother with mad, but i had a good experience."

He knows most people won't bother with them-knowing that, I myself would want to know why.

There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/folks-cheated-by-mad-amusements-the-nj-attorney-general-wants-to-hear-from-you/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.