2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SLAMT1LT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hi Guys,

I own a Whirlwind Machine (Williams) and fully restored it, but thats not enough… so i added some blue LED under the machine and some flashers in the fan case- they are pighting when the flash is going…looks very cool.

Ok… so today I ask mysef, how could I pimp up my pinball machine a little bit more?
    Suddenly, an Idea sprrang to my mind… how nice would it be if, parralel with the flash and LED‘s, a FOG MACHINE turns on and prodzces some fog on the playfield- only for a short time so you still see something.

But then I thought about the damage such fog (liquid) could cause to some parts.

Do anybody had some expierience with fog machines built in pinball machines in the past or does such machine exist already?

Would be great if you would post your expirience‘s and comments.

Thanks
    Chris

#3 2 years ago

Definitely not something I'd ever want to consider under the glass in a pinball machine. "Fog Juice" is really just glycerin and water. Just the water vapor alone would be something that would cause wood swelling, playfield planking, and corrosion. The glycerin would leave a horrible residue over everything else. Just a bad situation regardless of how you want to approach it.

Compromise: Why not use the fog machine to burst some fog out of the fan topper at the player every so often? That would be totally harmless, and actually pretty cool.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Compromise: Why not use the fog machine to burst some fog out of the fan topper at the player every so often? That would be totally harmless, and actually pretty cool.

That's where I thought it was heading........

I would not do it on the playfield for all of the above reasons, but in addition to having it come out of the topper, I'd run another hose and have it burst out from under the cabinet too..........

You could put 2 outlets on either side of the speakers on the backbox and have it BLAST out of there, ala Three Stooges fire extinguisher style.....that would be hilarious....

#6 2 years ago

Fast dissipating fog juice leaves much less residue . Worth testing for "under glass" use. But i would be tempted to have fans blow it out also.

https://www.froggysfog.com/velocity-fast-dissipating-fog-machine-fluid-fog-juice.html

Here i am using it . I did not find residue on the glass afterwards.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from ezeltmann:

Fast dissipating fog juice leaves much less residue . Worth testing for "under glass" use. But i would be tempted to have fans blow it out also.
    https://www.froggysfog.com/velocity-fast-dissipating-fog-machine-fluid-fog-juice.html
    Here i am using it . I did not find residue on the glass afterwards.

Holly crap where did you get that T Rex. That’s awesome!

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Holly crap where did you get that T Rex. That’s awesome!

Only the best Chinese dinosaur company ever . mydinosaur .. lol ..this is about fog juice though.

i do have a thread for the dino.

Jurassic Park Ultimate topper

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from ezeltmann:

Only the best Chinese dinosaur company ever . mydinosaur .. lol ..this is about fog juice though.
    i do have a thread for the dino.
    Jurassic Park Ultimate topper

I will search for it. Just to cool my grandkids would love that.

#10 2 years ago

We were going to use a fog machine in Alien at Heighway, then beam a laser through it....to produce the effect seen in the movies. I joked it would also hide the smoke from failing motors and burning wires.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fog-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.