Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by RandyW
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pocket_glow1-800x800 (resized).jpg
    new Titan Pinmat (resized).JPG
    3-yr old HemingWeigh pinball mat (resized).JPG
    f9da74d3caab1d0a3aaa44a85d8dce23 (resized).jpg
    1F5E6DB9-9BD5-4115-8818-2880BC63DDB6 (resized).jpeg
    060CC74A-552D-4D18-AD9C-041B3577656A (resized).jpeg
    D2821A17-15C0-4A6A-9A8D-BE827AF4F9C9 (resized).jpeg
    light-12 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

Had a nice mat that I used until I had a Titan mat gifted to me. Will never use any other mat ever again. Not even a contest. Totally worth it, and I’m a cheapa... erm, frugal guy.

Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Seconded on Titan mats. Best/most comfortable I’ve ever used.

I always use a mat when I play at home - primarily due to leg joint issues. I've seen Titan's mats on their website, and although I've been tempted to buy one, I've held off given their comparatively expensive price. They certainly look nice, but I'm genuinely interested in hearing what makes them worth the extra cost.

This is the mat that I've used for a couple of years now and it has been great so far and costs half as much:

https://www.amazon.com/Sky-Fatigue-Standing-Perfect-Kitchens/dp/B00M122G/ref=sr_1_14_sspa

How long have you all had yours and how well are they holding up wear/tear-wise? What factors make Titan's mats worth twice as much to you?

Aside from any potential Buffalo Pinball sponsorship discounts (Kevin).

6 months later
    #44 3 years ago
    Quoted from DylanFan71:

... like walking on a cloud of puppies.

f9da74d3caab1d0a3aaa44a85d8dce23 (resized).jpgf9da74d3caab1d0a3aaa44a85d8dce23 (resized).jpg

3 months later
    #45 3 years ago

So I just recently purchased a "Pinmat" from Titan Pinball and can now provide a comparison to the anti-fatigue floor mat that I had previously been using while playing pinball.

Old HemingWeigh brand mat:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D1YF2TA/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6

Pros are price ($40 + tax & potential shipping), good comfort (3/4" thickness), size (39" x 20"), tapered edges, and available color choices.

Main con is durability. This mat has an outer layer which has constantly torn over time and as can be seen in this current photo, I've had to apply a lot of black duct tape as maintenance since purchasing it new three years ago. The comfortability factor of this mat has held up pretty well over time though.
    3-yr old HemingWeigh pinball mat (resized).JPG3-yr old HemingWeigh pinball mat (resized).JPG

New Titan Pinball "Pinmat"
    https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=144

Pros: Excellent comfort (1" thickness), size (36" x 24"), apparent more homogenous construction, color marking choices (including glow-in-the-dark which I purchased), and stylish striped tapered edges.
    Con: Price ($118 shipped)

new Titan Pinmat (resized).JPGnew Titan Pinmat (resized).JPG

Bottom line:
    I can now attest to the Titan "Pinmat" as being the higher quality mat out of the box - more comfortable, better looking, and hopefully, more durable. Time will tell yet on the last factor, but I'm anticipating that it will hold up better over the long run from the feel and look of the material(s) used.

Given the price difference between the two mats, your choice may vary, but at this point, I'm liking the Titan Pinmat's comfort and looks a whole lot and my (often achy) leg joints are not complaining about the additional comfort versus cost!

2 years later
    #50 1 year ago

I can report that after more than 2 years of use, my Titan pinmat has held up very well and still feels great.

Having tried the cheaper alternatives as well (which don't hold up long-term), I am sold on Titan's mat. The comfort level is much better and the higher price is more than justified over the long run.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from cookpins:

The Titan mats seem to big to me? Need to have your pins spaced a good bit apart for them to lineup properly.

This would depend on how you position the mats. I prefer to have the short end against the game as it allows me to move my feet out further, if I wish, as I play. Since the mat is 24" x 36", positioning multiple mats in this orientation would not require additional space between your games.

This is a moot point for me though, as I just have one mat and move it from game to game as desired. Besides the huge cost, having multiple mats in the way of vacuuming my gameroom's carpeting would be too much of a hassle.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foam-anti-fatigue-mats-recommendations?tu=tuna_delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.