Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jdpilot
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2015-04-18 20.15.45.jpg
    2015-04-18 20.15.49.jpg
    image - Copy.jpg
    image (1) - Copy.jpg
    10539283966_8d786b968e_o.jpg
    tron-guy.jpg
    image-321.jpg
    image-909.jpg
    dscf1754.jpg
    US Magazine Tron 02.jpg
    image-749.jpg
    image-271.jpg
    it-moved-o.gif
    image-453.jpg
    image-488.jpg
    image-54.jpg
    There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 10 years ago

SIGN.ME.UP.

#52 10 years ago

dude..... bille..... that is f*ckin beautiful man. a tear just came to my eye as i was reading this thread!

BRUCE APPROVES OF THIS THREAD

US Magazine Tron 02.jpgUS Magazine Tron 02.jpg

#53 10 years ago

But no one approves of Bruce's Red Shirt in that photo.

#54 10 years ago

Awesome Job!

Thanks for sharing your pics!

#55 10 years ago

Awesome.....I'd love one!

#56 10 years ago

You have mad skills. That arcade sign is phenomenal.

#57 10 years ago

Amazing work. I'd love to be able to buy one for my husband for next Christmas - however I suspect he'll eventually see this post, and that the cost is going to be a lot more than we normally spend on gifts. Labor aside, what did it cost you in parts?

#58 10 years ago

BillE, you've got a lot of people sniffing for a price, you might as well name it and see what happens. and don't work for free, put a real price on it that fairly compensates you. You may not even want to do the work again, but if you do I think there are interested parties (myself included).

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

Amazing work. I'd love to be able to buy one for my husband for next Christmas - however I suspect he'll eventually see this post, and that the cost is going to be a lot more than we normally spend on gifts. Labor aside, what did it cost you in parts?

Hard to say since it was a lot of trial and error on some parts, testing colors, trying different types of clips to see what worked etc... I would guess that parts were around $300 - $400 dollars and labor would probably be $700 - $800 dollars, estimating $15 - $20 per hour of work which

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from BillE:

Hard to say since it was a lot of trial and error on some parts, testing colors, trying different types of clips to see what worked etc... I would guess that parts were around $300 - $400 dollars and labor would probably be $700 - $800 dollars, estimating $15 - $20 per hour of work which

I think $1,200 to $1,500 is more than reasonable for a custom fabrication like this. I was guessing $1,500.

#61 10 years ago

I would think there could be an easier way to mass produce 20 without losing some of the detail...

#62 10 years ago

Parts wise, that's really not that bad considering what all I see there. I hate to say it, but it's way cooler as a one of a kind piece. Best of luck if you do decide to sell some, and if you don't I hope yours enjoys many stunning years on your wall.

#63 10 years ago

Saw the early stages and plans for this, so I can't wait to stop by and see the finished product. As amazing as the pictures are, I am sure seeing the real sign is going to be jaw dropping.

#64 10 years ago

This is legitimately great. Now sure how I missed it for so long.

#65 10 years ago

Bad-ass work! I'm impressed.

At the risk of being that guy...
    you could "open source" the design for those with access to a WaterJet. ;D

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Bad-ass work! I'm impressed.
    At the risk of being that guy...
    you could "open source" the design for those with access to a WaterJet. ;D

Yeah, if you could cut 30 sets of letters the price would come down I'm sure.

#67 10 years ago

very nice "mod", well done

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah, if you could cut 30 sets of letters the price would come down I'm sure.

For me no. The price would go up linearly. I'm charged per minute on the WaterJet. so more set = more time.

#69 10 years ago

Wow, amazing craftsmanship. Truly a work of art! I want you as my fabricator! What attention to detail!

#70 10 years ago

That's an AWESOME job you have very good hands nice work

#71 10 years ago

That looks incredible Billy!
    Congrats. Your hard work really paid off.

#72 10 years ago

That is really really awesome! Great work!

#73 10 years ago

Very nice - you sir have mad skills

#74 10 years ago

Awesome work. That's a really nice piece! Absolutely one of a kind!

#75 10 years ago

Very cool indeed! Reminds me of little something down in our basement...

dscf1754.jpgdscf1754.jpg

But ours involved no creativity on my part and definitely is not a perfectly scaled down version. Again, awesome job!

#76 10 years ago

Thanks guys, was able to get some pics in the gameroom installed and powered up. Again the camera messes the color up some, it's a lot more vibrant in person.

Off

image-321.jpgimage-321.jpg

On

image-909.jpgimage-909.jpg

#77 10 years ago

Great job on this I like it!

#78 10 years ago

Over the top

#79 10 years ago

oh that is sick! i am designing 1800 ft of gameroom in my shop themed after "flynn's" with motion control C-4 home audio so as when you step foot in the entrance it will turn on lighting, games and start cranking journey!
    great info on the sign work! thought i was going to have to drop large to get a neon shop to do this for me, but i can DIY this! thanks!!!!

#80 10 years ago

love it. LOVE TRON. Thanks for posting that. You could do a diy kit, where you ship just the parts, user would weld it together etc. Be cheaper I suppose.

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from ls1chris:

oh that is sick! i am designing 1800 ft of gameroom in my shop themed after "flynn's" with motion control C-4 home audio so as when you step foot in the entrance it will turn on lighting, games and start cranking journey!

That sounds sweet. Has anyone else done something like this? Any documentation online? Something like flip a switch, room lights switch off, black lights switch on, the machines turn on, all while some "startup" audio track is playing.

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from ls1chris:

great info on the sign work! thought i was going to have to drop large to get a neon shop to do this for me, but i can DIY this! thanks!!!!

In that case go Bigger! This sign is pretty large but for your shop you could go maybe 1/2 scale.

#83 10 years ago

Looks awesome. Great job!

#84 10 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

That sounds sweet. Has anyone else done something like this? Any documentation online? Something like flip a switch, room lights switch off, black lights switch on, the machines turn on, all while some "startup" audio track is playing.

not sure if i can post links but check it out
    http://www.control4.com/products/audio-video
    anything you can think of, this can do ( for home automation) it controls all my TV's,heat,blinds,garage doors,automatically uploads all my itunes music, full interface and movie storage with google TV ., controls my waterfalls system in my pond, outdoor lighting (some kind of frequency LED's so i can switch the colors if i want to say red& green lighting on my trees at X-mas) my controller is the HC-800 ( have 2 ) and u can run a ton of 12v stuff like relays , motion controls. and all of your light switches are rf frequency so you can program them do do whatever, for instance my onsuite,hit the light once just turns the lights on, hit it 2X and it dims to what you like, and turns on a spa theme music and starts the fireplace in there for my mrs bath time. it can controll stuff to the milli second and i was going to do a jumping water shot from tree to tree then to my pond, but what a job!
    my basement is being developed and in a hella mess or i would post pics of the rack.

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from BillE:

In that case go Bigger! This sign is pretty large but for your shop you could go maybe 1/2 scale.

i think what u have done is about right, when im ready in spring i'll pm you and if you have time have you build me one in your off time.

#86 10 years ago

Ya for sure, your gameroom sounds like it's gonna be sweet, that's bigger than most peoples entire home lol

#87 10 years ago
    Quoted from BillE:

Ya for sure, your gameroom sounds like it's gonna be sweet, that's bigger than most peoples entire home lol

for my shop, it's 2400sqft,(i want my boat and 5thwheel and all my crap inside) 2200sqft of it is lofted and it's going to be all just cool guy stuff, 2 bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen and rooftop patio. i am itching for spring and dig out my toothbucket and put some hours on my toolcat getting it ready for concrete.

#88 10 years ago

Wow! This is one of my favorite things about Pinside. Love the mods and applaud the creativity. Keep ip the amazing work.

#89 10 years ago

It's so unfair how some people are talented and stuff.

#90 10 years ago

Billy,
    Sign looks great especially with that pimped out Tron you have, but…

You gotta get rid of that LOTR

#91 10 years ago

Very awesome!!

2 weeks later
    #92 10 years ago

Tron guy approved!

tron-guy.jpgtron-guy.jpg

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Tron guy approved!

tron-guy.jpg 160 KB

HELP ME.....I'M BLIND!

#94 10 years ago

FANTASTIC

#95 10 years ago

That looks great. I love when people make cool stuff for their game rooms.

#96 10 years ago

Very cool indeed!

#98 10 years ago

Oozes cool. Looks amazing excellent work.

#99 10 years ago

BTW, I'd be careful because ENCOM corp. may send you a Cease and Desist letter for using that sign, I'm pretty sure it's part of their IP.

#100 10 years ago

Beautiful...

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flynns-arcade-sign-13-scale-for-my-gameroom/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.