Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Chooch249
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Recently picked up a 1961 Gottlieb Flying Circus which is missing the entire mechanism that operates the "gate posts" at the top of the boost-a-ball captive ball playfield insert. I have never played nor seen this game in person before.. can anyone tell me what exactly goes under there? Looks like a modified pop bumper assembly with the ring cut off.... The dimensions look the same. Could anyone who owns this game please post a couple of photos (I have the ones from IPDB) was looking for something closer and also from the top. It looks like 2 posts hold 2 of the balls captive at the top while the remaining 3 are in either lane. I know 5 in one lane scores a special. Can anyone also tell me what is supposed to trigger the special lights, or are they on all the time (mine come on from the time you start a game without earning them), and would the game still function OK without it (just going from lane to lane on momentum) or does it require the "stop gap" at the top to boost them around? Not sure exactly how the whole boost-a-ball works or what is supposed to activate it, as I have never seen one before. It has a few other issues but this is the one that's a bit baffling, as it is missing completely. Thanks in advance.

5 months later
#2 3 years ago

If you are still looking for info, I have a Flying Circus I could take a look at. Could you provide a picture of the area that is missing parts?

#3 3 years ago

We have come to find out the missing posts were energized to the down position during game play and pop up after game over... they were a cheat deterrent so you couldn't "pre load" the balls to one side before play to get an easy special. I am just leaving them off.... that will never happen to the game here. Thanks, though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flying-circus-boost-a-ball-mechanism and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.