10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by altan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

is there any way to tell if a flyer is original or copy/re-print ?

I have a collection, and will admit to being a purist,

thoughts/experience please ?

Thanks
    Ando

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

is there any way to tell if a flyer is original or copy/re-print ?
    I have a collection, and will admit to being a purist,
    thoughts/experience please ?
    Thanks
    Ando

Hmmm. I doubt there are many people faking flyers. How much does a "rare" flyer go for?

#3 10 years ago

I think you'd be surprised at what people do for money. I understand RA77's concern, especially when not in the USA.

I regularly see flyers for every machine for sale on sites by the same person who sells nothing but flyers.

And if they are printing at a cost of (rough conversion guess) 25c a piece and selling at $8-10...

Unfortunately I can't help with identifying RA77 sorry. I've been in the mindset of, if I want one and cant tell if fake, may as well print my own from the artwork.

#4 10 years ago

A magnifying glass will often show if they are offset printed or digitally printed.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks for the replies

I have a couple of hundred
    and like to keep the collection in folders in the order of Pinside top 100

I have a stack outside this
    including a rare flyer folder

Quoted from PEN:

Hmmm. I doubt there are many people faking flyers. How much does a "rare" flyer go for?

I have been silly enough to pay $20 - $30 AU for a couple, lol

#6 10 years ago

When the money was flowing on fleabay, I was able to sell Bally Fireball, original EM and the home model flyers for $150.00 US. No folds and no distributor stamp. Had a nice stack, picked up from Bally's print shop on the South side of Belmont just West of Rockwell.

#7 10 years ago

There are certain flyers which would be very difficult to print by the average person / printer ( Wms Indiana Jones for example with it's fold out style ) .

Some of the older ones I know people prefer them to have a dealer stamp on them as it usually means they are legit .

As far as the new machines flyers go then I wouldn't worry too much about if it's a re-print or original as I don't think there is any such thing as an "original" flyer anymore . A few machines back ( can't remember if it was Avengers or Metallica ) I know that AMD in Sydney ( the Australian Stern distributors ) asked Stern to send them flyers for the latest machine . Stern sent them a digital file and told them to print their own .

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

I have a couple of hundred
    and like to keep the collection in folders in the order of Pinside top 100

Mate , that is awesome . I try to collect one of every machine I have owned.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from MIL:

There are certain flyers which would be very difficult to print by the average person / printer ( Wms Indiana Jones for example with it's fold out style ) .

Oh my! You just reminded me I picked up an IJ flyer years ago... Had forgotten all about it and that it pops out. Now where did I put it....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flyers-real-vs-copy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.