Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinmike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

New to this hobby and trying to repair all problems on my Fireball 2 pin. Teaching pin repair myself and have lots to learn. I enjoy the challenge as retired and need something to fill my time.my problem is 3rd flipper on top of play field flutters when you hold down left flipper switch. I understand how the coil works and checked small wire on coil and seems ok. Is this hold coil activated by contacts on lower flipper ? where should I look ? This form is awesome wealth of knowledge and would be lost without it.

#2 6 years ago

Check the EOS switch on that flipper

#3 6 years ago

Sounds like the low power coil isn't being used.

There are three wires coming from the coil, a common (power), and two drive wires (1 for high power for the flip, and one for low power to hold it up). Check that both of those wires are connected properly, and check that the low power coil isn't an open circuit or something.

Someone's probably going to suggest the EoS switch, and that should be checked, but if the flipper is fluttering, the EoS switch is probably working fine - the flipper is falling, the machine is detecting it, and using the high power coil. The problem is the low power coil should be on, so the flipper won't fall.

#4 6 years ago

Checked the EOS switch ,work fine .what I'm asking is what activates the low power coil? EOA switch contacts are set closed on the upper flipper .there are only one set of contacts on EOA on this flipper.

#5 6 years ago

Is the wiring on the correct lugs of the coil?Is the nylon coil frame in
go shape?Did you test the coil/diode with a meter?Also a worn coil stop can
cause these kinds of issues.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 329.00
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside