(Topic ID: 14672)

fluorescent light question

By Turkey_Robinson

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

My 86 Gottlieb Genesis has a 15 watt cool lamp light bulb as the main lamp in the back box. I personally think it's too bright. Can I get a lower watt light bulb or would that mess something up?

#2 12 years ago

You have to look at the ballast connected to it. It should have a sticker that tells you what bulbs you can use with it. If not, new ballasts are cheap at Home Depot. It may need a new starter too, which are also cheap at HD.

#3 12 years ago

The ballast says 14-15-20w. I'm not really sure I will have much luck without putting a new ballast,eh? I'm not really about to put that much work into it. I don't really care that much about it. Maybe I'll just try it without the fluorescent light in there for a while. I got the auxiliary lamps working so there's always that. What do you think?

#4 12 years ago

If it's a 24" bulb, try one of these:

http://www.pinballpal.com/warming/

#5 12 years ago

Ooooooh. I didn't know about those. Thanks phish! I may have to pick one of those up.

have you tried them at all?

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from Turkey_Robinson:

Ooooooh. I didn't know about those. Thanks phish! I may have to pick one of those up.
have you tried them at all?

The owner of pinball pal recently had a stroke and is currently recovering I don't think any orders are being filled as of now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fluorescent-light-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.