Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 months ago by thekiyote
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1F900862-EB21-411E-BE18-B44FBE9AE137 (resized).png
    3EEAAB62-B834-4E74-A486-29052372298C (resized).jpeg
    7C290222-533E-4763-8483-81E46FE54E9D (resized).png
    Flo.gif
    giphy (7).gif
    IMG_7730 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbeardsley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#50 12 months ago

I think FEMA also can provide low-cost loans for rebuilding, but I think those are designed to help cover the home-owner's deductible.

If your deductible is actually 100% (because you don't have any insurance), I doubt they will just give you what would be essentially a 0% down mortgage.

#52 12 months ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

B has no insurance and will be offered more assistance. Responsible homeowner A will be dependent on their insurance.

It is funny how we seem to go out of our way to encourage the wrong behavior.

My shed blew down in a storm a couple of months ago. Part of it flew into my next-door neighbor's house and damaged his gutters.

After a brief investigation, my insurance company declared that I had NOT been negligent with anchoring the shed, and that therefore they would not pay to repair my neighbor's gutters.

If I HAD been negligent, then the insurance would have paid him. Just seems wrong to me.

#54 12 months ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I think that falls under Acts of God. You didn't do anything wrong, it just happened. If a tree on my property falls on my neighbor's house, it's not my fault. They need to call their insurance. So many people do not get that.

Yeah. It just seemed strange that if I was negligent, it would be covered, but since I wasn't, it's not.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbeardsley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/florida-home-insurance-fu?tu=mbeardsley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.