• Latest reply 14 years ago by Leigh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Day_care.jpg
#1 14 years ago

I have the chance to buy a Stern Spiderman Pinball machine that was in a flood. The price is $50 pickup or $75 delivered. What do you all think ? Would it even be worth the price to sell off the plastic parts and backglass that weren't affected ? I really can't tell much from the pictures I was sent other than it's not worth restoration.

#2 14 years ago

If you have the space, I think you should take it. You may be able to restore, and if not economical, you'd certainly make some hobby money parting it out on eBay, for example. It's a lot easier to justify indulging a bit on a hobby if you have a little slush fund going on the side...

EDIT: Here's another thought: If you weren't able to restore it, you could at the very least convert the backglass and lamp board behind it to a cool wall mounted display... it would be unique wall art! And a little less macabre than a dead moose head...

#3 14 years ago

The flood only got up to about the playfield so the backglass and boards are supposedly good above that point. I'm getting it dropped off tomorrow for a compromise of $60. It was along a river in Illinois a couple years ago that flooded so it's also had time to "age" ewwwww..... I guess for the price of a couple pizza deliveries it's worth the chance. The person is clearing out a storage place this weekend in town.

#4 14 years ago

With the money I saved tonight on the babysitter it'll work out even .. LOL

(copied from weirduniverse.net)

Day_care.jpgDay_care.jpg

#5 14 years ago

I think that is a great deal! LOL at babysitter u must be a genious or really tight

#6 14 years ago

Hi all !

I prefer to mend pins as sale them ! Try to restore it as best as you can . In case of difficulties , rename it Water-Spider . Why not ? Unique and yours !
LOL.

At this price , i hesitate to come from Europe !

Bye.
Lionel

#7 14 years ago

nice brokedad how can you lose seriously. worst case you have landfill. you should make your money back on this easily if that is your prime objective. a challenge would be to get this thing working which might be futile.

gl with it.

#8 14 years ago

Buy it! All the ramps, plastics and all of the undamadged goods you can sell, will make this a good deal... legs, lockdownbar....I belive you can make hundreds of dollars in profit. Especially if the circuit boards are all ok....

Lucky bastard

Have a nice Saturday, with hopefully lots on pinball playing

#9 14 years ago

I had to wake up early for the delivery. I HATE waking up early .. but.

It appears somebody started making an effort at saving it as from what I can smell it has been sprayed all over with what I assume is WD-40 (Noooooo !!!!) . The first thing my son asked is why is Spiderman black instead of red. I had to look that up. Considering that maybe I might try a slow restoration.

It appears to be serial #216081 from what I can make out.

#10 14 years ago

WD-40 may have protected some metal parts from corroding, doesn´t have to be that bad. Again...good catch... Spiderman black....

#11 14 years ago

The comic used to hide a spider logo like on his back, or chest in the black costume on every cover when I collected them back in the 80s. That was one fun thing to do was try to find the hidden spider on the front or back of the cover.

Wonder if they hid one somewhere on the backglass?

#12 14 years ago

Any Picts brokedad - nice score btw

#13 14 years ago

Before and after pictures Brokedad,We know U are a master craftsman,we want to see the results!!

#14 14 years ago

Very, very curious for before/after pics!

#15 14 years ago

Come on Brokedad, get the camera out and get some pics to your followers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flooded-stern-spiderman-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.