Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by calvin12
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

soda.jpg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #52 10 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Is Pinball Pete's still owned by Tim Arnold?

You mean Ted Arnold?

#53 10 years ago

I think someone in the Arnold family owns them, not sure which though. Definitely not Tim though.

#54 10 years ago

Tomorrow's headline could very well read "Flood at Pinball Gweem's".

There is supposed to be a major thunderstorm hitting us tomorrow. When you couple that with the ice dams all around my roof, and all the snow that's already on the frozen solid ground, it's almost the perfect storm.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Tomorrow's headline could very well read "Flood at Pinball Gweem's".
    There is supposed to be a major thunderstorm hitting us tomorrow. When you couple that with the ice dams all around my roof, and all the snow that's already on the frozen solid ground, it's almost the perfect storm.

Yeah, everyone here is excitred that it will rain, but I just see flooding

Hope you make it through OK Gweem!

Chris

#56 10 years ago

I just made sure my sump pump kickout areas in the back yard were free and clear from snow and blockage in anticipation of the big rain/melt tomorrow. The last thing I need is another flood after the big one I had last spring.

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from MXV:

I just made sure my sump pump kickout areas in the back yard were free and clear from snow and blockage in anticipation of the big rain/melt tomorrow.

I live in the Chicago 'burbs, too. I've been making sure that my sump pump kickout has stayed clear, but I just spent twenty minutes at lunchtime using a blade shovel to try to uncover the drain grate at the curb in front of my house and I couldn't even find the curb under the pile. The bottom layer is still a solid block of ice. And with the huge snow/ice piles at the sides of the roads, I can't tell exactly where the drain grate should be (it might be off to the right or left of where I was digging). Now I'm really worried about the rain and melting we'll be getting tomorrow!

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Yeah, everyone here is excitred that it will rain, but I just see flooding
    Hope you make it through OK Gweem!
    Chris

Good luck Chris. You are not far from me and everyone in my TV repair shop is very worried about the flooding from blocked drains and so much melting. I live on top of a hill, so I THINK I will be fine. If my parents sump pump fails........they are not on top of a hill!

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I live in the Chicago 'burbs, too. I've been making sure that my sump pump kickout has stayed clear, but I just spent twenty minutes at lunchtime using a blade shovel to try to uncover the drain grate at the curb in front of my house and I couldn't even find the curb under the pile. The bottom layer is still a solid block of ice. And with the huge snow/ice piles at the sides of the roads, I can't tell exactly where the drain grate should be (it might be off to the right or left of where I was digging). Now I'm really worried about the rain and melting we'll be getting tomorrow!

Yeah, that's the problem. Half the sewers are covered by mountains of snow and ice. If it rains really hard, I just don't see where all the water is going to go. That, of course, assumes that the city's sewers could even handle it all in the first place. It's going to be a real mess.

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I just spent twenty minutes at lunchtime using a blade shovel to try to uncover the drain grate at the curb in front of my house

I did the exact same thing at lunch today. Luckily, I was able to find the drain and cleared the snow around it.

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from cougtv:

Good luck Chris. You are not far from me and everyone in my TV repair shop is very worried about the flooding from blocked drains and so much melting. I live on top of a hill, so I THINK I will be fine. If my parents sump pump fails........they are not on top of a hill!

Thanks. we have had the basement flood before. Not a fun time

Chris

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

soda.jpg 10 KB

The paint on the marquee glass easily came off with steel wool. I *may* have modified a machine or dozen to read: "OLD INK".

Mr. Vendo is rolling over in his grave.

#63 10 years ago

Pete's was open tonight when I drove by, I couldn't stop in but they were open for businesses. Good sign atleast

1 week later
    #64 10 years ago

Stinky Tony says he was in Pete's last night and it is all cleaned up and running again!

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Stinky Tony says he was in Pete's last night and it is all cleaned up and running again!

Yeah, someone started a new thread the other day to report it was back too, said they only lost like 5% of the games I think. Good news.

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

I think someone in the Arnold family owns them, not sure which though. Definitely not Tim though.

Tim sold his share when he moved to Vegas. If memory serves he was in the biz with his brother??

#67 10 years ago

The brothers hate each other, lol.

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Yeah, that's the problem. Half the sewers are covered by mountains of snow and ice. If it rains really hard, I just don't see where all the water is going to go. That, of course, assumes that the city's sewers could even handle it all in the first place. It's going to be a real mess.

fortunately water is a great melter, It will carve out paths to the drains

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flood-at-pinball-petes/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.