Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I am stumped. When right flipper button is pressed the upper flipper functions normally, the lower flipper very slowly moves to the eos position, when released both flippers retract normally. The left flipper functions normally.

Things I have attempted:

I have cut diodes to see if it was a diode issue on lower right flipper (problem still exists)
I have changed fliptronics flipper boards (problem still exists on right lower flipper)
I have changed the board in the head (used another fliptronics board from functioning DH), weird thing is, DH board when installed in WH2O I get the same lower right flipper issue but when installed in DH it works fine. To add to that the WH2O fliptronics board when installed in DH it works fine (meaning: both boards work fine in DH but not in WH2O).
I have pulled fuses on fliptronics board and all test fine
I have powered the flipper on and when game is shut off the flipper retracts (checking to see if a mechanical issue or electrical, which this test makes me believe it is an electrical issue).
I have made sure there is nothing binding the flipper, it does move freely with a new coil sleeve.

Not sure where to test from here and am hoping someone else can give some ideas.

Thank you,
Loren

#2 8 years ago

Replace the lower right flipper coil; the power winding is open.

#3 8 years ago

Move the flipper cabinet switch to the other side (including interrupter) and see if the problem moves.

Check to see if the flipper is wired correctly. Look at the left flipper, note diode orientation and thin/thick wire lugs to proper base wire colors. It could be that you are powering the hold coil. Just a thought.

#4 8 years ago

Already tried the flipper cabinet switch to the other side.

As far as wired wrong, I guess it could be but have not had a problem the last 4 years that I have had it.

I was going to either replace the coil or try new diodes to see if I can get somewhere with it.

What does it mean when the "power winding is open"?

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Already tried the flipper cabinet switch to the other side.
As far as wired wrong, I guess it could be but have not had a problem the last 4 years that I have had it.
I was going to either replace the coil or try new diodes to see if I can get somewhere with it.
What does it mean when the "power winding is open"?

Your high power winding is broken. The flipper is a dual wound coil, so there are two wires, one for the initial flip (power), and the hold (less power, and weaker). With the high power broken, the flipper will go up slowly, and when the button is let go act normal as the spring returns the flipper to the start position.

Check on the lugs, you may have a wire broken off causing the issue.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Your high power winding is broken.

That's a definitely possibility. Visually inspect the coil for broken wires or test with a multimeter my measuring the resistance of the coil windings. Compare to the working left flipper coil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 12.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fliptronics-wh2o-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.