5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by arqpuebla
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Greatings!.

Trying to debug a problem, I have narrowed to the fliptronic II on a NO fear.
    When I connect the ribbon cable To fliptronic J903, game delays power up, (stay more time showing Testing) and sound board doesnt work, I mean NO sound, and Sound interface error on test report, And! I got vertical lines on the DMD display.

If I remove J903 from the fliptronic, sound board works (with sounds and all) and DMD display Its perfect.

So I guess the logic part of the flitronic board is confusing the other boards.
    Tried with a working new ribbon cable, (same results).
    Reflowed J903 and ribbon connector from the MPU (same results).
    On my desk, I noticed that I got continuity from J904 pin1 (5v) with J904 pin 5 (ground) So I narrowed down the problem, and removed U5 (74LS244) and the continuity went away.
    I replaced U4 and U6 (LM339s) no luck.
    If I test with diode test j094 pin1 with pin 5 and now I get .247

Test all the Tip102 and Tip36c, and test good on board with mi DMM.

Any ideas?

THANKS!

#2 5 years ago

Did you try with another ribbon cable?

#3 5 years ago

Bad 74HCT374 or 74HCT244 on fliptronic board near the ribbon cable from CPU board that is pulling a data bit high or low and which fudges up other devices?

with a logic probe you could check all the data pins. Then hook up the ribbon cable and check them again to see if you have one stuck high/low.

#4 5 years ago

Solved!!! Was U2 . had some kind of luck and suspected. About that ic. All good now!!!

Thanks everybody

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fliptronic-ii-when-connected-sound-error-dmd-vertical-lines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.