foto-patricia-ok (resized).jpg
Hello (resized).jpg
3e7b4b9f212326a50eba431c77a93c47 (resized).jpg
892C6B98-7148-4833-AF2B-5C0D92A64BFB.gif
20220215_174851 (resized).jpg
E5F64455-239A-4900-BB4D-DFC4745DB9EF (resized).png
Pinball-games-banned-in-L.A.-1940 (resized).png
7A1BE0D3-8C42-4A9E-9E76-BF7849C76BD9.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Pinball prices have been driving real pinball enthusiasts out of the hobby

Not one. I'd still be in this hobby if I only had my very first game still (oh, yeah, I still miss EK).

If I was a pinball enthusiast, I could get into this hobby right now. Could I get the latest greatest games? Nope. But I'm a pinball enthusiast, so I can just go buy an SS or an EM and play some damn pinball. Could I get a great game for less than 2k? Absolutely. Would I invite friends over to play it? Yup. Would I have pizza and beer? Of course I would. It would be a pinball party.

And I'll also say the opposite. If someone invited me to their house for pizza and play on some shitty EM would I go? Of course I would, and I'm quite sure we would have a blast.

Don't be so privileged. You don't need an 8000 dollar pro Stern to have fun as a pinball enthusiast. There has been a 1600 dollar Gorgar in the marketplace for days. If I didn't have too many damn games already I'd have gone and visited Colsond3 (nice guy btw) to grab that (12 hour round trip for fun).

Just my opinion. I don't like flippers either... but now at these prices almost everyone is a flipper. If you don't like the new prices... don't buy.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

In all, the industry needs 30 more pinball manufactures to help saturate
the market with hundreds/thousands of pinballs.
In that way, every one can get a pinball game at an affordable price.

Pinball is easy! And the best part is, at these prices, building them is VERY profitable.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

If we need a villian, my vote is for everyone that owns more than two pinball machines. Collectors with 4, 6, 10+ pins are severely limiting supply.

Actually, we are keeping the supply out of the flippers hands. So I'm doing you a service by having too many machines. You're welcome.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

And 8 others complaining about it.

Are they masturbating as well? Asking for a friend.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from Datsun_Z:

A machine that's still in production and there a ton out there.

False (in my opinion). DP is tough to get. There have been a lot of times Stern said they were making more, and they got pushed back.

My big question is, what will be the first stock Pro that sells for 10k. Not the crazy one off sales (blue birds), but regularly. Because of (forbidden topic) and (forbidden topic), we are heading for the moon!

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

So, with Rush Pro at 115 in the pinside ratings maybe those who don't like the practice of pinball flipping just may see the flippers stuck with some LE's on their hands. Who knows? Time will tell, particularly since Stern has manufactured 1000 of 'em.

While that would be hilarious, but it won't happen. They could just drop the price and they would disappear. Imagine being able to acquire a RUSH LE for only 1000 dollars over list price. Poof, gone, sold, next. List it for 12000 (a tidy profit) and it would be gone in a day. Nobody is getting stuck with anything.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Well, that changed today.

People are freaked out about the possibility of ... crap, is this allowed to say here? Well the first word is World, and I will let you guess the second word. It's an unsure time, and will take at least another month to work itself out one way or the other. If I was rolling in money right now, I could figure out better things to grab right now than a Jeep Gladiator. Like making sure my ham sandwich supply chain was solid.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinball machines are exactly like cars. The bubble will burst. Pinball machines will be worthless in two years.

Hello (resized).jpgHello (resized).jpg

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Some of you should learn to be happy with what you have right now.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s so true. Everybody here is doing at least as well if not better than about 95 percent of the people on the planet.

I've said it before, I'm absolutely thrilled with my absurd collection in this absurd hobby. That's the same thing I said when I had one game (Pinball... in my HOUSE!?!?!).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipping-for-profit-part-of-the-problem-in-our-hobby?tu=daveh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.