(Topic ID: 316890)

Flippin The Script on Autism at Pinball Expo 2022

By LoserKid_Pinball

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221020_221504 (resized).jpg
    20221020_193337 (resized).jpg
    20221020_150725 (resized).jpg
    20221020_134537 (resized).jpg
    20221020_094546 (resized).jpg
    20220111_190200 (resized).jpg
    B22F5C03-4F08-4AFE-B957-D10F3B41FC18 (resized).jpeg
    46E04DA9-EC9E-4D16-BC65-D7C077702C9E (resized).jpeg
    received_432335232322081 (resized).jpeg
    received_422209853363730 (resized).jpeg
    imagejpeg_0(3) (resized).jpg
    IMG_1219 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1201 (resized).jpg
    Pinball Unite (resized).jpg
    Epic Handshake 11082022144656 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1656003234279 (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

We are excited to announce LoserKids and TPN teaming up to help childen with Autism! Flippin the Script will be a 12 hour charity stream. So mark your calendars for October 20th (Thursday) at Pinball Expo in Chicago. The stream is directly going towards Learning Solutions. An Utah based organization that helps with early intervention Autism therapy for kids that are as young as 2 all the way to late teenage years. The organization helps kids with Autism by giving them a one on one teachers to help develop skills like: Speech, social, and positive reinforcement to name a few.

Stern, JJP, American, Multimorphic, CGC, Haggis, Lit Frames, Flip N Out, The Pinball Company, and others are donating products that will be auctioned off during the stream. LoserKids, TPN, Poormen, and others with be hosting the stream and interviewing some of your favorite people from the pinball industry including Keith Elwin and Eric Meunier to name a few.

We hope you join us October 20th at Pinball Expo! (Thanks also to Michael Barnard for this awesome logo!)

received_313219580968192 (resized).jpegreceived_313219580968192 (resized).jpeg
    #2 1 year ago

Bumping this for a great cause, and I can't make it to Expo!

#3 1 year ago

Calendar marked. Amazing cause!

I have a son with autism and pinball is fantastic for him for many reasons. Thank you!

#4 1 year ago

A huge thank you! The response to "Flippin the Script on Autism" has been overwhelming positive. With tons of support pouring in and people volunteering anyway they can help. We are truly humbled by the support we have seen and can't wait for Expo! We hope to see you there.

FB_IMG_1656003234279 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1656003234279 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #5 1 year ago

Has there ever been a more epic collaboration in pinball with so many coming together to help with a noble cause?

Join us in this epicness Oct 20th at Pinball Expo in Chicago. Flippin the Script is going to be 12 hours of streaming excellence with some of your favorite people/celebrities in the pinball industry. Also there will be exclusive items for auction only available at Expo.

Also the biggest thing you can do to help is just share this post. The more people that know, inside and out of pinball, the merrier!

Epic Handshake 11082022144656 (resized).jpgEpic Handshake 11082022144656 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #6 1 year ago

We have some sweet auction items coming your way for Flippin the Script. Playfields, translites, banners, Lit Frame, Pinstadium Atom, shirts, hats, mugs and many more! Also some of these items will be signed by the teams that made these products.

Mark your calendars for Oct 20th from 10 am to 10 pm so you can get your hands on some of these sweet items. Don't forget there is going to be some of these items exclusive to Expo, so come join us live!

Pinball Unite (resized).jpgPinball Unite (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #7 1 year ago

Want to be part of Team #FlippinTheScript? We're taking pre orders on these shirts! We'll have them ready for Pinball Expo and all the profits will go to Learning Solutions. For preorder, gray tees are 25 and baseball tees are 30! If you would like a shirt, email us at [email protected]. We will be bringing them to Expo but if you want them shipped, we can work that out as well.

IMG_1201 (resized).jpgIMG_1201 (resized).jpgIMG_1219 (resized).jpgIMG_1219 (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #8 1 year ago

Are you ready for Flippin the Script on Oct 20th? We have some insanely cool items coming to auction that you won't find anywhere else! What insanely cool items you ask?

How about a two of a kind, Attack From Mars black and white playfield. CGC was gracious enough to donate this item to help Learning Solutions in their quest to help childen with Autism.

This item and many others will be available on Oct 20th during our live stream on the TPN Channel. Make sure you add them via Facebook, YouTube, and Twitch.

Also make sure to like the Flippin the Script page so you can bid on items during the live stream

facebook.com/flippinthescriptonautism

imagejpeg_0(3) (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0(3) (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #9 1 year ago

Are you excited for Pinball Expo and Flippin the Script?! We definitely are! We are so excited to be sharing this with you now. This is the official Flippin the Script Auction Site. Go check out the items that have been donated and also there are still more items waiting to be added. We want to say thank you to our sponsors and those that have been putting in so many hours to get this charity event to where it is! Also if you want to start donating now, you can via the donate button on the website.

Check it all out at:

https://www.32auctions.com/flippinthescript

#10 1 year ago

New item alert!

Have you checked out 32auctions.com/flippinthescript yet? There are some pretty awesome items on there including an Autographed Sheet Music page from the movie Transformers!

Who is it signed by you ask? The composer himself, Steve Jablonsky and the director Michael Bay!

So what are you waiting for?!

received_422209853363730 (resized).jpegreceived_422209853363730 (resized).jpeg
    #11 1 year ago

Thank you to Tony Scudiero for donating this awesome Wonka LE signed by Pat Lawlor, Eric Meunier, and Jersey Jack himself. This and much more at:

32auctions.com/flippinthescript

received_432335232322081 (resized).jpegreceived_432335232322081 (resized).jpeg

#12 1 year ago

BUMP for a great thread and cause.

#13 1 year ago

I’m following

#14 1 year ago

Bump for a great cause! See you at Expo!

#15 1 year ago

I had it framed! It’s going to look Awesome in someone’s game room! Please bid for a great cause and great people. Let’s Flip the Script

46E04DA9-EC9E-4D16-BC65-D7C077702C9E (resized).jpeg46E04DA9-EC9E-4D16-BC65-D7C077702C9E (resized).jpegB22F5C03-4F08-4AFE-B957-D10F3B41FC18 (resized).jpegB22F5C03-4F08-4AFE-B957-D10F3B41FC18 (resized).jpeg
    #16 1 year ago

31 kids. That's is how many is waiting for funds to finish up their diagnosis. If you haven't been to 32auctions.com/flippinthescript yet, go take a look at some of the items we have available and consider bidding or donating.

Our ultimate goal is helping these 31 kids finish their diagnosis so they can start receiving these amazing, life changing therapies.

Thank you so much to this community and those that have contributed to the auction so far. You're giving these kids a future that other wise wouldn't have been possible without your help!

#17 1 year ago

Happy to help this cause. See you at expo!!!!

#18 1 year ago

Wanted to say how much this cause means to me. I've listened to your show a few times and love that you're doing this. My son, Grayson, is autistic and loves pinball. He's in the picture here with his favorite game, I think he's still a little mad at me for selling it. He's very good and can pick up rules in no time. He watched one video of TNA and understood the rules better than I do when I've played the game several times.

I won't be able to make it to Expo this year, but I'll put in a bid or 2 and if there's any other way I can help, let me know.

Thank you for all you're doing!

20220111_190200 (resized).jpg20220111_190200 (resized).jpg
    #19 1 year ago

That is awesome @SgtPin18! Thanks for sharing and I appreciate you helping our cause

#20 1 year ago

We're a week away! If you haven't checked out 32auctions.com/flippinthescript you really should because we have been adding new items everyday!

Like what you ask? How about a pinball machine! Okay it's an American Girl Flip Side pinball machines but still!

Also we had a couple of questions this week I wanted to answer here.

1st - I saw your goal is now $25,000, is that the ultimate goal?

Yes that is our ultimate goal for this auction. We're hoping we can reach that goal for the 31 kids we posted about on Monday

2nd - Where is the money going?

The money is going directly to the 31 kids that are currently waiting to finish the diagnosis process. The process usually takes a year or more to be diagnosis and isn't cheap. These 31 kids can't receive benefits or insurance help for their much needed therapies until their diagnosis is done.

We can't wait to see you at Expo next week and arr excited to hang out with all of you.

#21 1 year ago

I just wanted to jump in and say “thanks” to everyone involved with this. One of my life long friends son is autistic…. He LOVES to come over and play the pins.

Good luck with the auction. I will do my best to support it! Unfortunately for me….but good for you…is I probably wont win any auctions but succeed in driving up the bids!

#22 1 year ago

As a father of an 8 year old with ASD who struggles every day at school, I certainly appreciate what your doing. My family thanks you! Thanks!!

#23 1 year ago

Glad to see you are doing this. We are lucky enough to live in Houston, Texas, where our diagnosis for my currently 19 year old daughter with Autism when she was 2, was completely processed and handled within the excellent public school system in our community... and out of pocket expense was nearly 0. Which included yearly analysis, SCD and PPCD (special programs for special needs for transitory application to on level learning), aids and assistance daily in class monitoring. In addition, daily transportation was provided for 5 hour sessions per day from age 2 until entry level grade school was appropriate.
    Many aren't so lucky to have our states'/location benefits. I know my sister in law, who is an educator in Michigan, was shocked at how much support we received from Texas, which would have been thousands upon thousands of dollars elsewhere. Thanks to early intervention, which I believe is the key to treatment, my daughter is currently enrolled in college courses and has progressed above the ASD threshold in some areas. It is a constant analysis and growth concern and testing and treatment while young gives these kids the best chances as they migrate into adulthood.

Awareness and programs such as Flippin the Script, hopefully gives more families the chance to make forward progress. Bravo.

#24 1 year ago

Less tham 48 hours away! Expo can't get here fast enough for us. Here's the live stream schedule.

- 10 am Introduction
    - 10:30am to 12pm Poormen Drew and Rachel with guest Josh Sharpe
    - 12 pm to 1:30 LoserKids with Steven Bowden
    - 1:30 to 3 pm Free Play Amanda with Keith Elwin
    - 3 to 4:30 pm Craig Bobbie with guest Eric Meunier
    - 4:30 to 6 Don't Panic Flip George Fisher with Dwight Sullivan and Jerry Thompson
    -6 to 7:30 No Coin Drop Required Jen Ruper with guest Roger Sharpe
    7:30 to 9 Zach Meny with guest Marc Silk
    9 to 10 LoserKids with Justin Benson of Learning Solutions and wrapping up show.

You can watch via Pinball Network's YouTube, Twitch and Facebook page.

#25 1 year ago

Excited to go to expo, excited to be able to participate in this amazing cause.
    Looking forward to tomorrow!

1 week later
    #26 1 year ago

It was an amazing Pinball Expo 2022! If you haven't heard, Flippin the Script on Autism was a resounding success! We were able to meet our goal of $25,000! We are truly humbled and teared up at the generosity of this wonderful community. It was amazing to see people from all different parts of the industry come together for this cause.

Thank you so much. All of you are awesome!

20221020_094546 (resized).jpg20221020_094546 (resized).jpg20221020_134537 (resized).jpg20221020_134537 (resized).jpg20221020_150725 (resized).jpg20221020_150725 (resized).jpg20221020_193337 (resized).jpg20221020_193337 (resized).jpg20221020_221504 (resized).jpg20221020_221504 (resized).jpg
    #27 1 year ago

We were going to talk about this next podcast (and probably still will) but we've had a handful of messages asking about what happened so I figured I would post it here.

Saturday night as we were packing up Flippin the Script on Autism, a pile of our stuff went missing. Since we were packing we didn't know if the items were missing or just misplaced. Come to find out they were in fact stolen along with some personal items of Brian Cosner.

But here is the awesome part. American, Stern, and Pinshades have all stepped up and replaced the stolen items from the auction. I want to give a major shout out to those 3 for not even flinching when I told them about the situation and asking for them to cover the items.

Sadly Brian Allen isn't as lucky as we are. If you haven't heard, he had roughly $2500 stolen from his booth as well. He was only 2 booths over from us. If you would like to know more or help out, head over to his Facebook page and read up on the stolen items so you can keep an eye out.

1 week later
    #28 1 year ago

Is there a list of what went missing for us to keep an eye out for?

1 week later
    #29 1 year ago

WOW! That is shocking news to hear that you had items stolen as well. Rob and the Expo crew need to make some major changes for improved security.

I am so glad that we decided to breakdown our PPC booth on Saturday evening since we were located near to your booth and Brian's booth.

Congratulations on your successful fundraiser. I wish you continued success on your future endeavors as well. Let me know if we can help in some way.

Best wishes,

Daniel Spolar

#30 1 year ago

Thanks for running this auction, guys. I received my Zilla bridge. Looks great and happy I could be apart of your fundraiser!

#31 1 year ago

Being the father of an Autistic child, I was so happy that this event was raising awareness. I bid on several of the items and actually won one. It is in the mail and should arrive on Monday. I had no problem with them asking me to cover the postage. Looking forward to this event in the future.

#32 1 year ago

My future daughter in laws son who was diagnosed with autism last year. As a result I have learned quite a bit about autism.

Keep up the great work.

1 week later
    #33 1 year ago

Thank you everyone! We had so much fun doing Flipping The Script on Autism and we appreciate all of those that supported this event.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flippin-the-script-on-autism-at-pinball-expo-2022 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.