Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by toberlindacher
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I have a World Cup Soccer 94 that plays great when it is the only game plugged into the circuit. If I plug other games into the same circuit, the flippers become weaker and weaker. Would this be a transformer wiring issue? I really have no clue and any help is greatly appreciated.

Torin

#2 2 years ago

The other games still play fine?

#3 2 years ago

Two choices that I can see.

Call an electrician asap and see if you have a wiring issue or circuit overload at the house.

Dont call an electrician and let the fire department put out a fire at your house.

#4 2 years ago

The other games work fine. This isn't an electrical circuit issue because this game did the exact same thing at our old house. We just moved and same issue.

#5 2 years ago

What incoming voltage is the transformer jumpered for?

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

What incoming voltage is the transformer jumpered for?

Good question. I'm thinking this must be the source of the issue. I built this game up from three boxes of parts and an unpopulated cabinet and playfield. I wired the transformer jumpers myself. I'll bet I screwed it up.

#7 2 years ago

I had a similar problem I still haven't solved and I know my transformer was wired correctly. Good like voltage, good solenoid voltage, but everything weak when on a circuit with other games (which were fine). I'm at the point of replacing bridges and caps on the driver board and repinning connectors

#8 2 years ago

I solved this by re-wiring the molex jumpers for the transformer. I think this was wired wrong and one jumper was loose. I made sure it was wired for 110v. The fuse was also wrong which tells me it was wired for Europe originally. I swapped out a 5A for the 8A. So far, I haven't noticed any weakness in the flippers anymore. Thanks for the help y'all.

1 year later
#9 1 year ago

So, one year later and we had a Halloween party and this issue happened again. There is still something about this game that is not right. At this point I might have to start looking at bridges, caps and connectors. Could the thermistor or varistor be the problem?

#10 1 year ago

After some looking, I think this might be caused by low line voltage after all. I'm getting 114V at the outlet when games are on and 117V when they are off. I have three separate circuits in my garage with 20 arcade and 2 pins. At 114V, the WCS94 plays extremely slow. At 117V it plays as it should.

My DE Star Wars plays fine at either voltage.

Are WPC pins more sensitive to low voltage?

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from toberlindacher:

After some looking, I think this might be caused by low line voltage after all. I'm getting 114V at the outlet when games are on and 117V when they are off. I have three separate circuits in my garage with 20 arcade and 2 pins. At 114V, the WCS94 plays extremely slow. At 117V it plays as it should.
My DE Star Wars plays fine at either voltage.
Are WPC pins more sensitive to low voltage?

I'm a licensed electrical contractor in NJ.
114v isn't really that low.
Most power companies guarantee you 110v and 208v so most things are designed to work at these numbers.

#12 1 year ago

So, something in my machine then? This was a European to US conversion. I have verified the correct molex jumpers and that the fuse is correct. The only other change is the Thermistor, I believe. I'll have to check it and the voltage coming out of the filter box.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside