(Topic ID: 225514)

Flippers War on Kickstarter

By Floydpr

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SeaDiver1 (resized).jpg
    1792016047Hungry-Hippo-L.png (resized).jpg
    flippers_war_borad_expantion1 (resized).jpg
    flippers_war_borad5 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Hello Everyone, I just want to share with you my project which is live on Kickstarter. The project is a board game related to Pinball. Please follow the link to learn more https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1698770665/flippers-war-tm?ref=bmeynv Thank you for your support!

flippers_war_borad5 (resized).jpgflippers_war_borad5 (resized).jpgflippers_war_borad_expantion1 (resized).jpgflippers_war_borad_expantion1 (resized).jpg
    #2 5 years ago

Love the downvotes with no comments. /facepalm At one point, I was really against the idea of just removing the voting system, but really I think it would be the best thing for everyone.

THAT SAID... the price is just WAY WAY WAY too high man. You need to realize that for the full thing, you're asking what super-high-end complicated indie board games go for. Or a PS4......that's just a non-starter for most people given this is just Crossfire with flippers instead of a gun and a motorized ball return.

I realize that you've got a lot of parts here that need molds to be made for production scaling, but it's TOO MANY, and TOO BIG for a practical small scale run, IMO.

#3 5 years ago

This is a very good idea. Think it could be created much cheaper. Think 30-50 buck end price and you'll have a hit.

Not sure why everyone is voting you down. More power to ya.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Not sure why everyone is voting you down.

Because pinball Kickstarter projects have a poor track record (VonnieD https://creditdotpinball.com/2014/07/03/news-vonnie-ds-bad-week/ , Paperflock). And because Floydpr first post here was an advertisement, indicating they came for the money rather than to the community they love being a part of hoping to share some of the passion they have for pinball.

#5 5 years ago

I'll give you a thumbs up man to offset the Lame-os. It looks like a fun game to me, sort of a fancier take on the old school Hydro Strike. Price point is definitely crucial for something like this. For between $50 and $100 for a two-player unit I'd consider it. I'm sure that my sons and I would have fun with it.

Good luck to you man.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Love the downvotes with no comments. /facepalm At one point, I was really against the idea of just removing the voting system, but really I think it would be the best thing for everyone.

A big point of the system is not having to say rude things. Like, why the hell is someone that has nothing to do with this site coming on here begging for monies?

Oh here, let me point out that I'm giving you a thumbs down because I have no idea WTF your little cry-fest aboot voting has to do with the thread at all. Is that enough for you to be satisfied?

#7 5 years ago

Hi guys! Thank you for your honest comments. I understand what you mean and why you have downvoted. I'm actually not a big person participating on forums, I just thought that it was a good idea (which I know now that it wasn't) to share this project with people that like pinball like me (which is why I wanted to created something innovative that relates to pinball). I apologize.
    I'm aware of the high costs, I tried all that was possible to bring it down as much as possible. But, molding and manufacturing prices are very very high. This game has 24 different parts and each needs a specific mold to be manufactured.

#8 5 years ago

I had a toy like this when I was young.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh here, let me point out that I'm giving you a thumbs down because I have no idea WTF your little cry-fest aboot voting has to do with the thread at all. Is that enough for you to be satisfied?

I guess it's just too hard to...you know...not be a twat about everything you'd give a thumbs down to?

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

Thank you for you comment, but this game are very different in all ways. look the videos to see how you can assembly and disassembly to play from 1 to 4 players.Also you can see how the ball spawn if you loose the ball after the flippers by a motorize system that I called return system.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I guess it's just too hard to...you know...not be a twat about everything you'd give a thumbs down to?

Yeah sure, let's all agree not to just spew whatever we're thinking from our month's, don't think that's your strong suit either.

#12 5 years ago

Looks like it could be fun.

I think Flipper Wars would be a better name. Flippers War is weirdly difficult for me to process and pronounce.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah sure, let's all agree not to just spew whatever we're thinking from our month's, don't think that's your strong suit either.

Are you quoting and then arguing with yourself?
    Edit:pinside glitch now corrected

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Are you quoting and then arguing with yourself?
    Edit:pinside glitch now corrected

I'm starting the think the glitch is now planned when people are manning at each other

#15 5 years ago

1792016047Hungry-Hippo-L.png (resized).jpg1792016047Hungry-Hippo-L.png (resized).jpg
    #16 5 years ago

I had a Sea Diver. Hungry hungry Hippos was too high tech.

SeaDiver1 (resized).jpgSeaDiver1 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flippers-war-on-kickstarter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.