• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#1 7 years ago

Bally Flip Flop Four flippers. All very weak. Right flippers will move the ball somewhat. Left flippers barely move at all. Flipper bats, rubber, buttons, and springs new on all flippers. Lower left flipper coil is new. Other flipper coils test O.K. Switch blades are clean. Flipper buttons on cabinet are clean and making contact. No clue what would be the cause.

#2 7 years ago

try this. Use a jumper wire with alligator clips to jump the EOS Switch closed. If the flippers are strong then the switch is the problem. If this is not the problem then the coils are suspect. Don't leave the jumper on as you can burn the coil by holding it on.

You want the EOS switch to stay closed as long as possible before coming completely open. VID1900 has a great topic on rebuilding and adjusting flippers.

#3 7 years ago

I am in need of a picture of the proper wiring of the top left flipper in Flip Flop (or Pinball Wizard). Wires that attach to the flipper coil. They were detached and I need to replace them to the proper solder tabs. Thanks

#4 7 years ago

Where do I access VID1900?

#6 7 years ago

it might be hard to get you a pic from those machines but they are mostly all wired the same. Here's a diagram online:
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/flip1.gif

You have 2 wires of matching colors going to the outer lug with the thicker coil winding wire. The middle lug is wired to the EOS switch. The other outer lug will have a wire from the switch and another colored wire.

Flip Flop has upper flippers right? If there are 2 switches in a stack on the lower flipper one is the end of stroke and the other controls the upper flipper on the same side.

#7 7 years ago

Here's an animation I made to simplify a flipper circuit:

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveFury:

Here's an animation I made to simplify a flipper circuit

Someone should sticky this to the front page. Nice work!

#9 7 years ago

Terrific animation! Very helpful. I am anxious to get to work!
Thank you

#10 7 years ago

It was necessary to replace and re-solder some of the wires that connect to the coil lugs. Likely, the wire I used is not the same gauge nor material as the original wire. I used copper for some of the wires, and typical silver colored speaker type wire for others. Could this cause problems?

#11 7 years ago

Is it necessary to dedicate a circuit to this pinball machine? The circuit it's plugged into now is pretty busy, but nothing too consuming.

#12 7 years ago

pins dont take too much juice. if you notice the lights dim, then maybe, otherwise, jam on!

Quoted from pinbrick:typical silver colored speaker type wire for others. Could this cause problems?

flips need heavier wire. dont skimp on that.

#13 7 years ago

Its an idea. I'm having problem with my left flipper I bought a pinball this week the left flipper has to be repaired because the bushing is cracked and broken the problem is that the previous owner glued or epoxied the crack broken bushing . now I can't get the flipper and the bushing off to fix it because of the hard epoxy or glue .does anyone have any suggestions how I can fix this

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbrick:

Is it necessary to dedicate a circuit to this pinball machine? The circuit it's plugged into now is pretty busy, but nothing too consuming.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-line-cords-plugs-wall-sockets-vids-guide#post-1945126

HOW MANY GAMES ON A SINGLE CIRCUIT BREAKER?

===========================================

By now you have probably heard that commercial arcades put 6 pinball machines on each 20A circuit.

How did they come up with that formula?

The National Electric Code wants circuit breakers to see 80% of their rated load. So for a 20A breaker, the ideal number is 16 amps.

Most pinball machines draw about 1.6 to 2 amps peak.

Some pinball machines with a ton of lamps may even draw 2.4 amps.

If you take any random 6 pinball machines at an arcade and measure their amperage draw at the breaker panel, you see that each breaker is seeing ~13 amps. Well under our 16 amp goal.

In your home, where you don't have to worry about employees moving games around and messing up your breaker loads, if you measured a 13 amp draw on a circuit, you could safely add one additional game and still be under your 16 amp target.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Diamondbed96:

Its an idea. I'm having problem with my left flipper I bought a pinball this week the left flipper has to be repaired because the bushing is cracked and broken the problem is that the previous owner glued or epoxied the crack broken bushing . now I can't get the flipper and the bushing off to fix it because of the hard epoxy or glue .does anyone have any suggestions how I can fix this

Do you have the flipper mech off of the playfield?

Pics?

#16 7 years ago

Here's a couple of pictures from my flip flop. Top left flipper. image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Happy to take more if you need

#17 7 years ago

The pictures of the Top Left Flipper wiring were perfect! Great help, thanks!

#18 7 years ago

4max your first photo the front wire looks
Like it has a rip in it

#19 7 years ago

Cleaned and adjusted everything, particularly EOS switches. Consider this issue RESOLVED. Thanks Y'all!

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

try this. Use a jumper wire with alligator clips to jump the EOS Switch closed. If the flippers are strong then the switch is the problem. If this is not the problem then the coils are suspect. Don't leave the jumper on as you can burn the coil by holding it on.
You want the EOS switch to stay closed as long as possible before coming completely open. VID1900 has a great topic on rebuilding and adjusting flippers.

My flippers are weak on my Williams solid n stripes. I rebuilt them. Everythong is new but the silinoid. Any ideas?

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Diamondbed96:

My flippers are weak on my Williams solid n stripes. I rebuilt them. Everythong is new but the silinoid. Any ideas?

Did you try the jumper to eliminate the EOS? Keep in mind that an EOS problem is likely adjustment and not the switch. You want the strong winding to stay on as long as possible for a strong flip but to cut off at the last second to prevent burning the coil. Vid's guide is the reference for how to adjust them

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 10.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flippers-powerless and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.