(Topic ID: 242241)

Flippers on in attract mode Bally Playboy.

By Marcus

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Marcus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1946 (resized).PNG
#1 4 years ago

I have a problem with a power supply/ solenoid driver board as-2518-22.
When I got this game I noticed that the flippers was active when the game was just power on and no game was activated.
The knocker coil was also cut. I reinstalled the knocker coil and took the board out of the game.
I tested the game with a board from my Viking game to isolate the problem. And with the Viking board everything works as it should.
Now back to the broken board. I tested al transistors. Q5 hade not the correct measurements. I changed Q5. I also changed Q3 and Q15 because they are related too knocker and flipperbats. I also changed the diods related to those transistors. Then a mounted the board. The problem still exists. The knocker coil energy’s and bats are on. Turned game off and pulled out the board again. I now put in a new flipper relay, but the problem is still the same.
Are there anyone how have hade this type of issue? Or have any solution for this?

Best regards
Marcus Jeppsson
And sorry if my english is a bit messed up, I’m from Sweden

#2 4 years ago

I've seen people thread about same issues and think if you did all that that it could possibly be a bad chip.

#3 4 years ago

Okay, I have search but maybe not so good, because I couldn’t find any with my problem.
I think also it might be U2, but it would be nice if somebody could confirm that before I change it!

#4 4 years ago
IMG_1946 (resized).PNGIMG_1946 (resized).PNG
1 week later
#5 4 years ago

Problem solved.
Changed first U4 on power board. Flipperbats not on in attract mode anymore. Knocker coil still locks on.
Changed U1. Knocker coil problem solved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 22.50
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flippers-on-in-attract-mode-bally-playboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.