10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

I'm assuming from his 'collection' it's sega x-files, a whitestar. Check the under PF fuses....Each flipper has a separate fuse. If those are good, check the main 50VDC fuse in the backbox.

#5 10 years ago

Buzzing flippers have been a plague on whitestar systems....My TSPP suffers the same fate, and to my knowledge, no sure fix has ever been found. It's just the nature of the beast and the method that the board uses to apply low power to the coil.

Your GI problem sounds like a continuity issue on a connector. Bad female to male connection or a bad solder joint on the male pin on the board. Have you tried wiggling the GI connector when this happens. Unfortunately, whitestar documentation is the worst from Stern and Clay never did a pin repair guide for them. I have my TSPP manual which is whitestar, but not sure how comparable it is to X-files....The GI connector is J15 to the PF, serviced by fuses F24 to F27....If ALL the GIs are going out, then you have either a problem at J14 which is the transformer connection OR on TSPP (don't know about x-files) there is a relay that the GI power goes through. The relay needs 20V to energize and a ground which comes from Q200 on the power driver board. Even if energized, the contacts could be bad.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, OH
Boards
PinSound
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 74.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!