12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jws64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 12 years ago

While we're on the topic of flippers, mine are both making a buzzing sound when I use them.
Also on sega x-files. I can hear the sound from the speakers.

I noticed yesterday that the left flipper will rise and slowly fall down, sometime it's intermittent.

I'm thinking about having both flipper coils replaced and look for improvement.

Add to the flipper issue is the general illumination lights are out. Checked and replaced all the
GI fuses in the backbox. Powered it up, lit up perfect. Started a game and within 5 seconds they went out again. Opened the backbox up again to check the GI fuses and they look perfect.

I bought 3 sets of 4, and opened another pack and put another new set of 4 in, powered it back up, no GI lights.

Looking at the mainboard I don't see anything abnormal that catches my eye.

I think the next step for me to take is to replace fuses for the flippers and there's 1 fuse in the backbox that controls the primary high power coils/flippers in the F6 spot on the board.

I hope you don't mind me piggybacking on your thread Henrik, but since we both have the same pin maybe we can both benefit from the knowledge john and robert will provide if they return back to the thread.

Thanks for the assistance

#7 12 years ago

I fixed my left flipper issue. Took the coil down and cleaned the sleeve. It was pretty
filthy. Installed everything back and it's working great now, now slow rising and falling.

The buzzing sound is still there, but if that's normal for a whitestar system then I'll
leave that be right now.

Still working on the GI issue, still an open case...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jws64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flippers-not-working?tu=jws64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.