(Topic ID: 190191)

Flippers not working

By Dr_Holmberg

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I'm restoring a Bad Girls and have installed a new power supply (gulfpinball) and a new cpu-board (mypinballs.co.uk) and installed some new connectors since the old one had been damaged from battery leakage on the old board.

Now - the game boots up as it should. Pop bumpers, slingshots, droptargets, switches, lights, sound, displays etc works fine in game play - but none of the three flippers work. Checked all fuses - they all work.

So where do I start looking on this one?
Is it on the driver board - and does anyone know what transistor/resistor that needs to be checked?
Or could the problem be anywhere else?
Could this have anything to do with ground mods? None of those have been done to this game - but I read here somewhere here that it's not necessary on these late system 80b-games.

Any help on this would be great!

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Holmberg:

Checked all fuses - they all work.

How did you confirm the fuses all work? Do you have flipper voltage at these fuses? How about at the flipper coils? You'll need to measure these with a DMM/Voltmeter

#3 6 years ago

Did flippers work before?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

How did you confirm the fuses all work? Do you have flipper voltage at these fuses? How about at the flipper coils? You'll need to measure these with a DMM/Voltmeter

I checked the fuses with my dmm as usual, and they are all ok.
The coils seems to be ok as well according to my dmm.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Did flippers work before?

Don't know. The game was dead when I got it and had been in storage for many years.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Holmberg:

I checked the fuses with my dmm as usual, and they are all ok.
The coils seems to be ok as well according to my dmm.

Was voltage present at both the fuses and coils? According to your DMM, what was the measurement of voltage?

1 week later
#7 6 years ago

Problem with the flippers is solved - it was a loose connector that simply fixed the problem.
However - I now have some issues with the solenoids for the droptargets and the solenoid kicking the ball in to the ball through. These worked before but has now gone dead.
Are they connected in some way?
All other solenoids work as they should and all the fuses is checked and ok.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Holmberg:

These worked before but has now gone dead.

Well, considering this....

Quoted from Dr_Holmberg:

it was a loose connector that simply fixed the problem.

I would highly suspect you have more connector issues.

7 months later
#9 6 years ago

What’s a connector and how do I check it ?

I have the same problem

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Calgary, AB

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flippers-not-working-2?hl=alistaircg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.