4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by GRUMPY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fps (resized).PNG
    #1 4 years ago

Still a newbie here, I have a Williams Road Kings game.

I was playing it, the flippers stopped working for about 5 seconds during a game, then started working again.

A few games later, the flippers have totally stopped working, I checked the flipper fuse, it's not blown.

Then I also noticed that the lane kick out on the left side quit working and the ramp ball drop kickout at the end of the ramp won't kick the ball back to the playfield. Both these kickouts are on the left side of the machine, not sure if that matters or not.

Did a diagnostic switch test, the kickouts didn't fire during the test.

This all happened at once

What would be the cause of this?? Is there another fuse in the machine that could of went out??

any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from sudbeckrn:

What would be the cause of this??

Check the output of the flipper power supply board. There should be @ 65 volts DC volts on both the blue and grey wires to ground.

#3 4 years ago

how do you check that on the flipper board??
    never done that before

#4 4 years ago

Set DMM to DC volts. Take black lead and stick it under the ground braid in the back box. Turn on the game. Use the red lead to test for voltage on the flipper power supply connector J-3 blue and grey wires. Page 36 of the manual will show you where the flipper power supply is located in the back box.

#5 4 years ago

any pics to share on this??
    This is still sounding pretty greek here! LOL

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from sudbeckrn:

This is still sounding pretty greek here!

I'm at work so I can't take an actual pic, but here is a pic from a manual showing the pins to check. Do you know what the ground braid is?

fps (resized).PNGfps (resized).PNG
    #7 4 years ago

No idea what that is or where it’s at

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from sudbeckrn:

Better call a tech in to look at it before you cause worse damage. Watch what he does and learn.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from sudbeckrn:

It is a circuit board in the back box. Remove the backglass, unlatch and open the insert board. You will find this board in the lower right corner.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flippers-lane-kick-out-ramp-kick-out-stopped-working- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.