Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jwo825
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwo825.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago

Flippers twitching is almost a surefire indication of dirty optos. Clean those up first and them report back on the problem.

The next thing I would check would be the end of stroke switches. B/W coils have both high power (flip) and low power (hold) windings. When it hits the end of stroke, power switches to the low voltage winding to hold the flipper up. This way you don't burn up the coil. If you're not activating the EOS switch, you may be staying on the high power winding and blowing fuses to protect the coils from melting. This might explain why the coils are buzzing.

Long winded, but that's what I would suggest. Clean optos then check EOS in switch test mode.

#6 9 years ago

I'd check to make sure the connectors on the opto boards are good, then I'd reseat all the connectors and/or ribbon cables on the fliptronics board in the backbox and see it that helps

#8 9 years ago

Definitely keep us posted. Do reseat all the connectors first, though. A lot of times all it takes is that as the pins can develop a patina on them over time which weakens the electrical connection or sometimes just become loose. Especially if the game was moved recently

#10 9 years ago

put the machine in switch edge test and move the flippers to the up position by hand. do the EOS switches test ok?

#13 9 years ago

Yeah. If you're getting intermittent power to the optos, I'd first look at the connectors which have the 12V in and out to the optos. Should be J904 and 905 on the board. Then, I'd start tracing the wires underneath

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 37.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwo825.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flippers-fusing-and-twitching?tu=jwo825 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.