7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Don_C
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bdPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I play an Elvis on location at the Orbit 19 Liquor lounge, and I really love the game. For the first few balls, the flippers are reasonably strong, and you can make it up to the hotel level. However after several balls- Maybe 2 games, if you've had any time on the game at all- suddenly the flippers get REALLY sluggish.. I mean it can't hit the ball up the spinner let alone START up the Hotel ramp. And then, if the game sits for a period of time- I'm not really sure how long, but for sure the next day the game is okay for a few balls. In addition to the flippers being very sluggish, the start to stick! You can get them stuck in an opposite "up" pattern, where one will be stuck, and if you hit both flippers, the other one will stick, but release the first one, and they'll just continue to be stuck this way. REALLY screws up the game.

I think this must account for why they don't acutally get the game fixed. They play a ball, flippers are fine, but they never play it long enough to have it demonstrate the issue.

-Brian

#3 7 years ago

Well, if I know to put abougt a MM of play in the flipper shaft, I would hope they would.

I'll check out the service bulletin.

Unfortunately I know this operator. The guy is sort of a- how shall I say- Less than interested in much of anything I say to the guy. Turns out he came to my house a few months ago and picked up a Williams "Gay 90s" for someone. A few months before that I needed some coil sleeves, and he was nice enough to sell me a couple at retail. heh. And finally, the game that was in this spot before was a Spider Man. I loved that game, and missed it when it came up for sale by 6 hours. Either way though, I ask the guy hey, this is the guy who bought the coil sleeves, that you came to my house and picked up a pinball machine- I was curious how much you got for the Spidey.. No response.

I've spoken to the people that run the bar, but it seems like nobody plays the game for long enough to get it to demonstrate the flipper issue. I specifically asked a bartended who I know plays it from time to time, and she said she thought the flippers were just fine. And they're passable- For the first 10 or so balls. If you try to get "busy" with this pin, like I said the flippers start sticking, and the power just is non-existent, and then, the next day it sort of resets itself!

I'll take a look at the bulletin.

-Brian

3 weeks later
#5 7 years ago

This guy is the apathetic type.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bdPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flippers-fail-after-several-games?tu=bdPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.