Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by gambit3113
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

This is my second pinball (Transformers LE) and I bought it NIB. When I installed the game I had code update problem (still have it) and I think it was caused by a deffective CPU board.

Besides that the game used to play normally until today. Now when I turn on the game, the attract mode activates, I can push the start button and the game starts (asking me to choose between Autobots or Decepticons) and I can use the flipper buttons to change between the 2 options, however, the ball doesn't come out to the shooting lane and the flippers don't move. I went to the service menu to check for technical alerts but it has none. Can somebody please help me find out what is wrong?

#2 11 years ago

You'll need to check under the playfield by the flipper coils, and the big board in the head.

Pull fuses and check with a meter. You likely blew a fuse.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

What LTG said. You probably blew your main coil fuse because the flipper coils aren't firing as well as the kick-out coil that puts the ball into the shooter lane.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

What LTG said. You probably blew your main coil fuse because the flipper coils aren't firing as well as the kick-out coil that puts the ball into the shooter lane.

In that case, how do I repair this?

#5 11 years ago

Make sure that the coin door interlock switch is fully engaged. You have lost power to the coils entirely, and I have had this happen when the bracket that closes with the door and engages the interlock switch was bent back a little and not fully depressing that switch.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from chuck1972:

In that case, how do I repair this?

Read gambit3113's post first, be sure the high power interlock switch on the frame inside your coin door gets fully depressed.

If not that, then you need to check the fuses on the biggest board in the head of your game and replace any that are bad.

#7 11 years ago

Thanks a lot for your help, I will check the interlock switch and see if it works...

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Make sure that the coin door interlock switch is fully engaged. You have lost power to the coils entirely, and I have had this happen when the bracket that closes with the door and engages the interlock switch was bent back a little and not fully depressing that switch.

I saw that the coin door is clearly bent compared to the one in my other pinball. This might be the problem. How do I pull the interlock switch without using the coin door, just to test if it works? I noticed that the slingshots and pop bumpers don't work if I throw a ball using my hand with the game started.... does it help to find the problem?

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from chuck1972:

I saw that the coin door is clearly bent compared to the one in my other pinball. This might be the problem. How do I pull the interlock switch without using the coin door, just to test if it works? I noticed that the slingshots and pop bumpers don't work if I throw a ball using my hand with the game started.... does it help to find the problem?

Look at where that bracket in the door is depressing the interlock switch. Just use your finger and push the white cylinder into the body of the switch. While holding it in fully, press START and see if the ball loads and the coils receive power. If that works, bend the bracket so that it fully depresses the switch mechanism. If not, come back here and look at the fuse advise above.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from chuck1972:

Usually with door open you can just pull the high power interlock out to turn it on.

Carefully bend the flap on the door to close that switch more. And be sure coin door harness doesn't get between the door and the switches.

#11 11 years ago

Push it or pull it out to the "lock" position - either should work.

I couldn't remember if Sterns used the pull-lock interlocks, or not.

#12 11 years ago

Ok, I pulled the interlock switch to "lock" position, pressed start....but nothing happened, still no power to the coils whatsoever... but I know that my problem has something to do with this because in my other game when I close the coindoor it instantly changes the display from "50V / 20V Disabled" to the regular game screen, however in this machine I close the door and nothing happens (keeps displaying the "50V / 20V disabled".....I am lost again...

#13 11 years ago

Your switch at the coin door is not depressing or something has come detached. It is not recognizing the door being closed and your getting that message saying your power is disabled. Look for a cut wire or connector that has come detached at the coin door switch.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from chuck1972:

Ok, I pulled the interlock switch to "lock" position, pressed start....but nothing happened, still no power to the coils whatsoever... but I know that my problem has something to do with this because in my other game when I close the coindoor it instantly changes the display from "50V / 20V Disabled" to the regular game screen, however in this machine I close the door and nothing happens (keeps displaying the "50V / 20V disabled".....I am lost again...

It's that switch. That warning tells us that much. Did you also try pushing it all the way in? If neither position works, start checking the connections on that switch and see if something has come loose. You might need a new switch/ They are readily available and pretty easy to swap out.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It's that switch. That warning tells us that much. Did you also try pushing it all the way in? If neither position works, start checking the connections on that switch and see if something has come loose. You might need a new switch/ They are readily available and pretty easy to swap out.

Gambit can you give the link to where I can buy a replacement interlock switch? Thanks again!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flippers-dont-work-in-a-new-gameplease-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.