Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Eric_S
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I have a Time Warp that I'm trying to get working. Right now, I have an issue where when a game is in play, activating the flippers (either side) causes the game to go into Game Over mode. Not sure where is the most logical place to start, but the power board was outputting the proper voltages. It also has a brand new Rottendog MPU/Driver combo board. Maybe a coil issue? Something may be shorted too, I suppose, but not sure what that would be. This ever happen to anybody else?

#2 2 years ago

Troubleshooting further, the HV fuse was blown, so I'm thinking maybe the diode on one or both flipper coils are bad. Going to get some fresh diodes and swap them out on coils to see if that helps.

#3 2 years ago

Check the flipper coil diodes to make sure they aren't missing, broke or have cold solder joints. Check tilt switches to see if the flipper vibrations are closing them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flippers-causing-game-over-any-ideas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.