(Topic ID: 110555)

Flippers Buzz when held

By PinballTom113

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Can anyone tell me what causes my flippers to buzz when they are held? The game is a 1972 Gottlieb Jungle! Also the ten points are awarded on the side of the game when hit (on the outside of where the specials lanes are), but not when the slingshots are not lit. The slingshots do score 100 points when lit. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Tom

Post edited by PinballTom113: Forgot second issue.

#2 9 years ago

10 point switch somewhere is gapped too close, flippers will buzz when coil stops are not set up with plungers correctly. (can rebuild/replace both, but there are whole threads on this)

#3 9 years ago

To add on flippers...EOS switch may not be adjusted properly...clean and gap.

#4 9 years ago

And replace the coil stops, ie the plunger does not sit cleanly on the stop causing a buzz.

#5 9 years ago

Just FYI... if you ONLY replace the coil stops and not the plunger, your going to make it worse.

Experience here- I have. Replace plunger and coil stop together = less buzzing.

Replace one and not the other... you have a mushroomed part hitting a nice flat part... buzzzzzz

#6 9 years ago

Thanks guys these reply's should get me going. I think I will try rebuilding both flippers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clarita, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flippers-buzz-when-held and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.