Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161005_101528 (resized).jpg
20161005_101513 (resized).jpg
20160809_232109 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sneakerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hello,

I am trying to tackle a weird anomaly with my High Speed.

My flippers are working from power on. I don't have to start a game. This is annoying, but that's about it.

The MPU boots fine, beep from music board along with some weird "test" sound from MPU board are heard. Game goes into Attract. RAM has been replaced with SRAM and no more batteries are needed. RAM keeps settings OK.

Flippers work, DOH! They are only supposed to work when game is started obviously.

I'm checking the power supply now and will report any voltage anomalies to the forum. I have the game schematics, a DMM but no logic probe (yet). I used to have a logic probe and will obtain another this week.

FWIW, my MPU was repaired, but three minor anomalies are occurring, including the flipper bug. This is the first thing I would like to tackle. It started after I plugged a Pinscore into the mix, which does work btw...

AFWIW, I repaired the service mode switch bank last night, previous owner re-wired it wrong. Fortunately, it was never plugged into the repaired MPU board until I fixed it. Service/Diagnostic mode works perfectly now.

Thanks everyone.

#4 7 years ago

Hello johninc,

I will look into the transistor as it might be easy to remove. I don't have a spare either way.

About the relay, when does it actuate? My relay engages immediately on power up (MOST OF THE TIME). Occasionally, it does NOT engage, and the game plays with NO FLIPPERS...

#6 7 years ago

So, this relay actuates on game start? (not on power-on, right?)

PIA issue?

I think the only ways to diagnose those are:

A. Take the board back for repair (I emailed shop already about this)

B. Logic probe, test EPROM and some spare parts...

This machine is sure giving me fits. Glad I talked the seller down to earth on this.

I'm so close...

Tim

#7 7 years ago

Another thing I noticed is a little bit (5% sound increase) of hum in the speaker if I hold the flipper. Not sure if that is related or normal.

Thanks Guys

#9 7 years ago

I need to get a probe asap!

I do have the schematics. I'll investigate late this week when i get a logic probe off the net. Radio Shack claims they are the "Maker Store", but they just don't sell the useful things like years ago

Thanks

#11 7 years ago

Yup,

bumpers and slings activate...

Thanks for helping me along!

#13 7 years ago

oooh, I don't think my board was hacked this way, but in a couple of days, It'll be removed and inspected. I'm familiar with these components, so I'll note anything obvious!

#14 7 years ago

Hello,

Can anyone share a picture of the UNDERSIDE of their System 11 board?

I found these components (zener diodes?) soldered directly to the capacitors (C70, C71, C72, C73, C74, C75) at Molex connector 1J18

Looking at the schematics, I do not see part numbers for these diodes. Maybe this was a repair 'hack', or maybe Williams put these components on the board post printing, for some kind of voltage protection. Looking at this excellent System 11 repair guide: http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wms11/index1.html I noticed that Willimas did in fact add zener diodes to the special solenoid section of the 11A board...

I attached photos for your enjoment.

Unfortunately, this may not be linked to my relay, which has not been 'hacked' in any way. It just actuates on power up.

I'm taking my board to an expert today, so I won't be able to do any testing (playing the machine) for a while

Thanks everyone.

20161005_101513 (resized).jpg20161005_101513 (resized).jpg

20161005_101528 (resized).jpg20161005_101528 (resized).jpg

#16 7 years ago

Hello snyper2099.

Yes, I'm aware this is an 11nothing board, I was just referring to the notation in the write up, that the 11A has added zener diodes, and possibly this is a similar thing.

You cleared up my confusion, however. I'm happy to know that these diodes are supposed to be here, and for what purpose.

Thanks!

4 weeks later
#17 7 years ago

* UPDATE *

I bought another 11nothing board, very clean, and very expensive Solves every problem, and it's happily in HS now.

I also bought a decent Road Kings, so now, I have the original problems, now in a different machine

This old MPU board will see some bench test action soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sneakerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flippers-are-working-before-credit-inserted-or-game-started?tu=sneakerpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.