• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I went to remove the flipper bats on f14 and the upper left had two washers on the post. Seeing that I am trying to get this back to working well, what problem were they trying to solve.. what part should I be replacing. The bat looks ok? That flipper actually worked when I had it together

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Maybe trying to keep the flipper from dragging on the playfield because the bushing or bat is worn?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Maybe trying to keep the flipper from dragging on the playfield because the bushing or bat is worn?

In all honesty I've done this before. More of something temporary while I'm waiting for replacement bushings to come in so I can continue to play without having to worry about the flipper digging into the play field.

#4 5 years ago

Just what I was thinking^

Tip- flip the coil around.. having those terminals on the same side as the coil stop isn’t ideal.

#5 5 years ago

If you are rebuilding the flippers, make sure you read Vid's Upgrading Flippers guide before you order parts.

#6 5 years ago

I can flip the coil thanks.. If I am not rebuilding, at least yet, was it likely bc the flipper bat was bad more so than the below playfield hardware

#7 5 years ago

Or I guess more likely as bushing issue .. as I re read

#8 5 years ago

Just rebuild the whole thing.

You pay $2000 for a pin, you can certainly pay $20 to have it play like new again.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Just rebuild the whole thing.
You pay $2000 for a pin, you can certainly pay $20 to have it play like new again.

I can't argue with you there. Thats what I should and will do after I get the top back together. This was first play field strip, and I admittedly made some mistakes in planning how I was going to get this back together. My memory is not what I thought it was. (I guess thats something I will need to remember for the future.) In taking it apart it all looked so obvious where shit would go at the time. Looking at my bags of pieces now, and notes, I realize my hand writing is worse than awful.. unless half the pieces really are upper ramp...
thanks for help

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

I can't argue with you there. Thats what I should and will do after I get the top back together. This was first play field strip, and I admittedly made some mistakes in planning how I was going to get this back together. My memory is not what I thought it was. (I guess thats something I will need to remember for the future.) In taking it apart it all looked so obvious where shit would go at the time. Looking at my bags of pieces now, and notes, I realize my hand writing is worse than awful.. unless half the pieces really are upper ramp...
thanks for help

Nothing Beats 1,000s of pictures.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

thanks for help

If you get stuck, I can post a bunch of teardown pics on the Pinside F14 Gallery when I'm back.

#12 5 years ago

Thanks. I may take you up on that. Another Pinsider was kind enough to send me his but when you are looking for a specific screw hole or angle, more is better
And I still have missed spots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-with-washers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.