Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210831_201227 (resized).jpg
20210831_201222 (resized).jpg
20210831_192814 (resized).jpg
20210831_192849 (resized).jpg
20210831_192804 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clearstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hi, my first post, but hopefully quick question for the community. I just picked up JP Premium NIB a few weeks ago, and noticed the left flipper was a little weird ("gives out" / "weak" when you try to catch fast balls).

I finally did some inspection and found the following (pics 1 & 2). Seems I'm missing a screw and the metal bracket is now twisted?

Question, is this a quick fix? Push it back in and buy a screw? Or should I contact my distributor?

**Third picture is of the right WORKING flipper.

Thanks!

20210831_192804 (resized).jpg20210831_192804 (resized).jpg20210831_192814 (resized).jpg20210831_192814 (resized).jpg20210831_192849 (resized).jpg20210831_192849 (resized).jpg
#4 2 years ago

Thank you both! Will report back.

#5 2 years ago

OK - well good news, bad news, and weird news.

Good - No broken bolt in the playfield/flipper

Bad - Can't find the bolt that goes in there. So do I buy a new one I assume?

Weird - I did find two bolts on the bottom of the cabinet (again not the ones I need) but now makes me wonder if I'm missing something else somewhere. So far I haven't seen anything and thankfully the past two week gameplay has been flawless (besides the flipper).

20210831_201222 (resized).jpg20210831_201222 (resized).jpg20210831_201227 (resized).jpg20210831_201227 (resized).jpg
#14 2 years ago

Yea. I threw my distributor a note, but I'm headed to the hardware store to get this replace, so I can play on.

As for how it was flipping before, honestly, I think it might just have gotten worse. It may have always been missing the screw, just didn't notice it as I was "glossy eyed" from the wonder of this machine.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Call a distro over a screw? Wow

Ya, well my distro is a really good guy and local. He immediately got back and said he will send me a few screws. It's about the fact that the Premium is $7600+ and Stern somehow literally forgot to put a screw in the thing (or it somehow fell out during shipping). Regardless, that's what he's there for (his words) and probably why he has serviced this area for the last 20+ years. Also, I was asking the question should I contact him, I was good and ready to go buy the screw...which I actually did already.

Quoted from roar:

At some level it is the principal of the matter… you just spent $6,000 on something you expect to have all the parts included. Sure you may be able to go buy one somewhere else but why should you? If your distro is local and you can get one from them with the same effort as going to the hardware store why wouldn’t you? If they can drop one in the mail just as easy as ordering from Pinlife why wouldn’t you? They left a part out on a brand new luxury item. The distro should say sorry about that and get you one.
Do both if it isn’t convenient to work with your distro to get one quickly, go buy one and call to get one sent to you. To have an expectation of a distro to support their product be a bad thing I just don’t get at all.

Exactly! Everything you said is my situation. #1 My distro is local, #2 One of the best in America, great guy. #3 He helped me immediately. I was a bit hesitant to bother him myself as it's just a screw, and I'm a capable individual. However, it's more so, I'm newer to pinball repair and I'd rather ask a simple question here, before doing something I regret on a $7000+ machine.

#15 2 years ago

Thanks all - repair complete. Suggesting thread is closed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clearstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-weak-jp-premium?tu=clearstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.