Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Coyote
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

So, the other odd issue I'm experiencing, that's finally gotten on my nerves..

Flipper inconsistency. ONE flipper on the game - upper-left - can't seem to stick to a 'stregnth'.

Since rebuilding it about 6 months ago (new bushing, new link, new stop), sometimes it will be quick and responsive - you'll make your shot. When it's not, it's slower, and you'll miss. It doesn't seem to get worse after 'x' games - it's just completely random if it will hit hard or weak. About three months ago, I replaced the link again - in case that was causing issues, and didn't seem to change anything. To rule out the flipper opto board, I swapped L<->R, and same issue.

Should I just rebuild the whole thing again? Or could it be something else?

#2 6 years ago

I'd check the up/down play of the flipper bat. Too much or too little can cause this.

And go over the bracket and coil stop holding the flipper coil. Lined up nice and straight ? Not misformed and leaning in or out, but straight up and down ?

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd check the up/down play of the flipper bat. Too much or too little can cause this.
And go over the bracket and coil stop holding the flipper coil. Lined up nice and straight ? Not misformed and leaning in or out, but straight up and down ?

I forgot to mention - I did check the up/down play; I even used the proper spacer when putting the new link in. Whohoo!

I'll check those other things, though. Even through I went through them, it's possible something is still off, yeah.

Thanks!
-Mike

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I did check the up/down play; I even used the proper spacer when putting the new link in.

And sometimes you need a little more. I never use the plastic spacer, I eye ball it.

The coil pulls the plunger to one side and back, not straight back. So getting things in a straight line can be a challenge.

#5 6 years ago

Tried swapping fliptronic boards?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Tried swapping fliptronic boards?

Can't, unfortunately - don't have a second board.

I'm finishing up dinner, and will go take the flipper apart, and check everything out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 79.50
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-variance and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.