Hi. I have a 70's Bally EM machine and the flipper that I rebuilt is underpowered and very noisy compared to the original/pre-existing. The pre-existing one has about a 1/16" gap that creates a green spark and is less noisy. It kicks the ball about 3/4 of the way up the playfield that is at about a 4.5 degree angle. That wasn't high enough so I replaced one side with a flipper rebuild and there is something that I must have done wrong.
The side that I just rebuilt is worse than the pre-existing side as the newly rebuilt side:
* Only tosses the ball 1/2 way up the playfield
* The coil when ball holding is very noisy with buzzing
* The rebuilt flipper was a good kit (flipper bushing, plunger spring, nylon ring on the plunger)
* The rebuilt flipper has a large blue white spark, yet still kicks only 1/2 way up the playfield
* I've had no tap and 1/8" gap on the end of switch and both only kick 1/2 way up the playfield
* The rebuilt flipper uses a plastic coil sleeve and I loosened and retightened the coil stop hoping that would fix the buzzing (it didn't), but there is not much play in the coil sleeve
Thank you in advance!