(Topic ID: 123494)

Flipper troubles Gottlieb Carhop

By jewboyflowerhead

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jewboyflowerhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I'll try to be brief, but I am stumped:

Working on a Gottlieb Carhop. Left flipper coil gets incredibly hot after a ball or two. All the components appear to be new. Poked around for a while and couldn't find a problem. Finally, I swapped everything (happened to have an entire working but used flipper rebuild on hand including coil). Still no change, but I did notice the plate that houses the flipper had a huge burn/melt thing going on, so clearly there had been quite the fire before I came in to possession of it. The EOS doesn't appear to be working, as the voltage doesn't drop like it does in the opposite flipper. What am I missing? I swapped in a new driver board out of desperation, but that didn't help things either.

#2 9 years ago

Also, there doesn't appear to be a short in the wiring, and the wiring has been checked and double checked against my other Gottliebs

#4 9 years ago

Thanks peter

I have the manual and double checked the wiring for all the flippers against the schemetic rather than against another pin(which i probably should have done in the first place). Everything is wired properly. I am ready to admit defeat. The flipper is working fine other than it progressively gets weaker as the coil heats up. Is there something else that would cause the eos not to work? It seems the gottlieb flipper design is pretty simple and straightforward. When i get stumped with regards to pins, 9 times out of 10 I've missed something obvious. I think I got my "duh" bases covered, but clearly I am missing something

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jewboyflowerhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-troubles-gottlieb-carhop?tu=jewboyflowerhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.