(Topic ID: 217892)

Flipper Switch not working- Gottlieb System 3 Freddy NMOES

By Shredso

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I bought a project Freddy. It powers up, I played the last credit, flippers did nothing. Everything else seemed to be working. I think there may be a coil locked on, that's (maybe?) a different problem. I can get into test mode, but the flipper buttons do nothing so I can't navigate. I can no longer start a game because there are no credits. What I've done so far..

Checked every fuse I could find
Cleaned the switches
Bought the manual
Tried swapping flipper board

Any ideas?

#2 5 years ago

I swapped the CPU and driver into a working game and the problem did not follow, so the problem isn't with either of those boards. It has to be a connector or wiring issue.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I swapped the CPU and driver into a working game and the problem did not follow, so the problem isn't with either of those boards. It has to be a connector or wiring issue.

I think you answered your own question.
-Mike

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I think you answered your own question.
-Mike

Yup. Work your way from the flipper button, switch, wire and back to the board

#5 5 years ago

Oddly enough, the Freddy boards didn't kill Strikes N Spares, but the Strikes N Spares boards fixed Freddy. I had already reseated the connectors. I'm curious what will happen when I swap them again.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Oddly enough, the Freddy boards didn't kill Strikes N Spares, but the Strikes N Spares boards fixed Freddy. I had already reseated the connectors. I'm curious what will happen when I swap them again.

did you use the same ribbon cables from the freddy machine in your strikes N spares?.If not try it if you get the same results then do what northvibe suggested in above post.Check fuses too pull them out and test with meter

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-switch-not-working-gottlieb-system-3-freddy-nmoes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.