Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Flipper Strength - JJP & Stern”

• No 5 votes
      23%
    • Yes 17 votes
      77%
    • depends on the title 0 votes

(22 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Animal:

I checked out a JJP recently and the flipper strength was weaker than Stern. Ive since hear from different sources that there is a difference and there is no difference, so I thought I would put it out here:
    Are JJP flippers noticeably weaker than Stern?

On location, and certain(t)y at shows, JJP flippers are often set up weaker.
    JJP flippers come with a lot of excuses from the factory folks, but they can be teaked to come close to Stern strength,

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

JJP flippers are definitely different that Stern flippers...

Williams/DE all over again

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Animal:

Thanks Zacaj, I just checked out a Dialed In and we went into the menu and turned flipper strength up to max (30). ...

The problem with DI is that increasing the upper flipper strength makes the sim card shot even harder. Balancing act with that one.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

Dialed In is a great example where the right flipper can barely make the left orbit shot and it bogs when trying to shoot Bob targets.

One of my only issue with the machine...I really dont like that. It's so confusing to me why a wide left orbit is the hardest shot in the game for me sans Sim

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I think the geometry of the left orbit is off just enough where it turns clunky. I think it's too wide.

I dont think width has much to do with it.
    It feels weird doubting PL's geometry, but seriously how many far left orbit shots has he done...like 1?
    NGG is the only one that jumps out at me, and that's big and maybe the smoothest orbit ever.
    EDIT: + Funhouse

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-strength-jjp-amp-stern?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.