Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Flipper Strength - JJP & Stern”

• No 5 votes
      23%
    • Yes 17 votes
      77%
    • depends on the title 0 votes

(22 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider animal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I checked out a JJP recently and the flipper strength was weaker than Stern. Ive since hear from different sources that there is a difference and there is no difference, so I thought I would put it out here:

QUESTION:
    Are JJP flippers noticeably weaker than Stern?

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

JJPs have a flipper strength setting, and from the factory they put it a bit low for some reason. It's possible the one you played was like that. You can turn it up and make them noticeably stronger, although I'd say they're at best even with stern strength when you max them out

Thanks Zacaj, I just checked out a Dialed In and we went into the menu and turned flipper strength up to max (30). What may be influencing me is I recently swapped out flipper assemblies for my STLE and the ball flies!! As well, I have a fairly new MBr and that too has very strong flips.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

I have wondered if a blue fl-11629 coil might work better?
    Rob

Has anyone tried this? ...or tried putting a Stern flipper assembly in JJP?

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Imagine having a collection of machines across all different manufacturers and eras. Would you do this so that all of your machines felt the same?

No, I wouldn't... So, Im interested in getting a Dialed In and checked one out and a difference in flipper strength/feel was my biggest negative take-away. Ive never owned a JJP, but have owned a number of Sterns, CGC and Bally and didn't see as big a difference. So, I wanted to put it out here to see what the feedback is. Im not apposed to getting a JJP just based on this, but if everyone was saying "no difference" between the two, then I would plan on swapping assemblies to bring it back up to that "NIB" feel.

#28 3 years ago

Ive tried to find it on STLE, but couldn't...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider animal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-strength-jjp-amp-stern?tu=animal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.