(Topic ID: 167421)

Flipper stopped working on bally Night Rider

By pinhead_jack

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead_jack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I was playing night rider this evening and the right flipper suddenly stopped working. I popped open the hood and saw that the middle wire on the right flipper coil, which connects to the flipper assembly switch, had come off. So I soldered it back onto the middle coil rung and assumed life was good. But when I fired the game back up the flipper still will not fire.

If I hold the right flipper button down and manually move the flipper with my hand I can feel that there is some level of power in the coil but not enough to make it fire. I tested the coil with a multi-meter and it looks like it is OK.

Can anyone help to point me in what I should look? Did something get killed on the solenoid driver board?

I appreciate any help you can offer!

#3 7 years ago

Thank you for the advice Ken, I will check out the end of stroke switch and see if it looks damaged or "fatigued" in any way. It was working fine and in the middle of a game it just stopped. That is when I found the wire had come off. Could that have damaged the switch?

#4 7 years ago

Just to follow up on this topic, Ken is a genius! The end of stroke switch was in fact the issue. I tried cleaning the existing one but it seems to have burned out or excessively corroded when the wire came loose.

I bought a new switch for $4.50 from Marco Specialties, spent 5 minutes to change it out, and bam! We are back in business!!

Thanks Ken

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 199.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead_jack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-stopped-working-on-bally-night-rider?tu=pinhead_jack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.