Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by frunch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I was having an issue a few days ago that started and it was intermittent but now every flip it does it. The left flipper on my Flash Gordon stays up and will only drop under 3 scenarios. #1 if i use the right flipper it releases, if i turn the power off it releases, and if i just slightly push it clockwise it will drop back. After pushing it back by hand and then bringing it back up by hand it will not still in the upper position until i push the left flipper button again. I dont think its mechanical but if it was an electrical issue why will it not re-hold its position if i bring it up again by hand?

#2 4 years ago

The EOS switch seems fine and is set correctly. All wiring is correct. The coil is new but i have not swapped it out yet to see if the issues goes away. Think its possibly a diode on the coil ?

#3 4 years ago

If it was electrical it would go to the up position as soon as you turned on the game. My guess is you have a binding issue or a slight magnetized coil stop.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If it was electrical it would go to the up position as soon as you turned on the game. My guess is you have a binding issue or a slight magnetized coil stop.

It always drops as soon as I turn off power. I was thinking it was possibly magnetized but that would be confirmed by being able to lift it by hand and seeing if it would stay up and it should also stay up after the power is off im thinking.

This also happen just a few times during game play to the upper right flipper the other day but it seemed to stop having that issue.

#5 4 years ago

I doubt it’s electrical even though I cannot prove to you why that is the case. I just replaced a magnetized coil stop that would only stick if the game was on.

#6 4 years ago

I had a similar thing happen on my FG. I believe it was a magnetized coil stop.

Swap the coil stops between the two lower flippers and see what happens. When I did that my problem went away (I was actually expecting the problem to move to the other flipper, but I guess I got lucky!).

#7 4 years ago

Maybe you have a problem with that flipper's switch - have you examined it to be sure it's not fouled up somehow?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I doubt it’s electrical even though I cannot prove to you why that is the case. I just replaced a magnetized coil stop that would only stick if the game was on.

I've been assuming that some of the magnetism produced by the coil being activated electronically stays behind in the coil stop, which is why it will happen when the coil fires, but not when you hold it up by hand. I could be completely off though. In any case, I'd replace the plunger and coil stop just to cover all the bases--it at least *sounds* like a magnetized stop or plunger.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-sticking-in-upward-direction- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.