(Topic ID: 228188)

Flipper staying up/slow to close Williams NGG

By Schamattack

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schamattack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hello everyone. I have a 1997 williams no good gofer. The Left bottom flipper seems to stick/stay up sometimes. I opened the machine up and everything looks ok, I moved the return spring of the flipper to the other side of the bracket it mounts to which made the spring tighter and seems to have resolved the issue. Do these springs tend to go bad? I cant tell if there is a bigger problem and have a tighter spring is only hiding the issue.

#4 5 years ago

A little play is present in the up/down movement but seems to be similar to the other flipper. I will most likely need to rebuild the assembly. I can feel resistance in the actuation when moving the flipper compared to the other one. Something is def worn out. Its hard to determine what is causing it though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schamattack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-staying-up-slow-to-close-williams-ngg?tu=schamattack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.