• Latest reply 5 years ago by 0geist0
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

socket head cap screw (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I have a bally 1975 now and arrow. My flipper keeps slipping despite continually tightening the screws. How can I resolve this

#2 5 years ago

Usually, the flipper shaft gets worn from the shaft screws being tightened and it makes an indentation on the shaft. This results in the shaft slipping back to the indentation position. Sometimes you can just switch the flipper shaft assemblies - left to right, right to left - and this will give the screws a new surface to tighten against. Or you can just install new flipper shaft assemblies...

#3 5 years ago

Buy a new R or L hand lever assembly from PBR. http://www.pbresource.com/rebuildkit.html

#4 5 years ago

I bought new shafts but still slips. Are there shafts that have a pre drilled indention for the screws to sink into? Seems like that would be good

#5 5 years ago

No pre-drilled shafts since flipper mechs could be at any angle under the playfield. Check your set screws, maybe they are unable to "bite" into the shafts.

#6 5 years ago

$8 for the part I mentioned. Fixed things right up on my Corral.

#7 5 years ago

Thanks for the insight

#8 5 years ago

Could be broken flipper bat. Shaft and plastic head might no longer be tight to each other, or stripped for lack of a better term. Someone else had this issue as did I on a MB. Check out recent posts on Vids guide to flippers

#9 5 years ago

Assuming the flipper shoe is attached solidly to the flipper shaft, I always replace the factory set screws with socket head cap screws. They will be stronger and you can be comfortable you are torquing them adequately. They usually have a cupped tip which will bite adequately into the flipper shaft.

socket head cap screw (resized).jpgsocket head cap screw (resized).jpg
#10 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I always replace the factory set screws with socket head cap screws.

That would do the trick. That's what my replacement part came with.

#11 5 years ago

Tighten it more.
Like really crank it down.

#12 5 years ago

Take the nut and bolt out of the crank remove the flipper shaft, grind the edges of the crank so the gap is larger and then reassemble and tighten it back up.If the gap closes up again you didn't take enough material off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 119.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-slip?hl=fredsmythson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.