Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Tuukka
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the9gman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

was playing a game tonight and all of a sudden the left flipper just died. opened up the machine and the flipper coil was extremely hot and the slug did not travel very well seems the coil got so hot it melted the sleeve. The EOS switch either not opening in time or arcing caused the problem. Took the coil out and could not get the sleeve out ....Had to actually put it on the drill press to get it out. Checked the coil out and it tested the same for ohms as the one still in the machine for both coils. Put a new sleeve in it and adjusted the EOS switch and had it working again. I guess you could say I'm glad the sleeve melted to alert me of the problem before the coil burned up. Question is ....is there something you can put on the outside of the coil sleeve to keep it from fusing to the inside of the coil ? If I had a brass sleeve it probably would have fried the coil

#2 3 years ago

Bueller .......Bueller .....anybody .......Nobody .......

guess I'll take that to mean nobody has ever had this problem and there is nothing on the market
    gona try some brass tape outside the sleeve

#4 3 years ago

Mine was completely fused to the coil plastic was surprised the coil still read good but I will probably replace it when I get a chance

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the9gman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-sleeves?tu=the9gman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.